Oof. (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 11:08 (1550 days ago)

So... I logged in this morning to grab the update, so I wouldn't be waiting later.

Noticed that my Consumables (which is always hovering between 45 and 49 slots filled) only had 37 slots filled... and that the vast majority of my Enhancement Prisms (I had 50-something) had disappeared (down to 7). Also noticed my glimmer was down to 60k (it was above 240k when I logged off last night.)

Luckily (or maybe not luckily, we'll see), I'm not alone:

Fingers are crossed they can fix this!

(I'm not even sure what I lost.)

Oof.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 11:33 (1550 days ago) @ Claude Errera

They completely shut Destiny down, so... who knows, should be hearing from them soon. I can’t recall when they’ve ever been able to return any missing items before, so I’m eager to see what their solution is.

Still a better surprise than Bastion!
And more personally rewarding, if I do say so myself.

[image]

Oof.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 15:32 (1550 days ago) @ Korny

Still a better surprise than Bastion!
And more personally rewarding, if I do say so myself.

Am I the only person who likes Bastion? It's pretty good in PvP (especially at close range) and I can finally use some good energy primaries while I voop.

Oof.

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 15:40 (1550 days ago) @ bluerunner

It’s a lot of fun. And its secondary perk, while not visibly great against shielded enemies with more significant health bars, is actually pretty solid. I don’t recall the specific breakdown but it’s like a 1:2::shields:health. It kills wizards good, too. Definitely on the list of interesting and unique weapons.

Dont feed the Korny

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 03:48 (1549 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Oof.

by squidnh3, Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 12:04 (1550 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Fingers are crossed they can fix this!

Definitely not a fun day at work for Bungie. This is their, "Failure is not an option." Work the problem, people!

I'm uhhhh not going to sign on....

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 12:05 (1550 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Schrodinger's Loot

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 12:11 (1550 days ago) @ kidtsunami

If you don't log on, you won't know if your loot is there or not.
If you do log on and it's gone, is it because you logged on?
Was it already gone?

Schrodinger's Loot

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 12:30 (1550 days ago) @ ManKitten

If you don't log on, you won't know if your loot is there or not.
If you do log on and it's gone, is it because you logged on?
Was it already gone?

Not that you CAN log on anyway, but people using DIM and other stuffs without logging on see that their stuff is gone. You are not safe.

man, I felt like I was in the clear for a moment...

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 13:26 (1550 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

They are rolling back changes to before the maintenance.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 15:38 (1550 days ago) @ Claude Errera

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/255069479?sort=0&page=0

3 PM Update:
We’re continuing work to fix the issue that caused loss of currencies and materials. All player accounts will be rolled back to the state they were in at around 8:30 AM Pacific.
- Players may have to redo any progress or quests they completed between 8:30 - 10 AM PST.
- Purchases made between 8:30 - 10 AM PST will need to be redone. Silver spent during that time will be restored.
- Destiny 2 Silver purchases from the platform store will be added back to player accounts.
- "The Pidgeon and the Phoenix" Lore being removed is a separate issue and will be resolved in a future update
Another update will be provided around 4 PM Pacific.

ETA: 10PM EST for fix. Or at least it’ll be the next update.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 16:24 (1550 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Sounds like a restore from backup.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 19:58 (1549 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Oof.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 16:50 (1549 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Heard people are losing some weapons and armor, too. Don't know the specific triggers, but some people did apparently lose some specifically engineered items. I haven't touched my Xbox recently(binging Bojack), so I don't know what (if any) I've lost.

I can’t recall when they’ve ever been able to return any missing items before, so I’m eager to see what their solution is.

They've always had a fulfilling and fleshed-out, mollifying and satisfactory contingency plan for large situations like this. Don't worry, everything will be just fine!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread