My Blood Pressure Can Finally Plateau. (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, April 16, 2020, 17:22 (1473 days ago)

Jesus Christ on house arrest, this took me almost an entire year...DBO was too busy, Guardians of the Respawn kept confusing that Triumph with all the other Gambit ones...but somehow I managed to do it myself.

After begging and reminding and even nearly whoring my gamertag out(again), I got this damn thing on my own, and thank the Doomslayer, I don't have to play Gambit anymore.

Bungie, once again nice job on attaching several multiplayer triumphs to a book that is exclusively single player. You're listening, right? Good, then hear this:

I'm not ever buying Destiny 3, if it is indeed made. Ever.

If it were possible, I'd ask for my money back from Destiny 2. I don't care if you remove the whole damn Titan class. I'm done with stressing over this game, I'm done with having to do multiplayer tasks by myself, and until you stop spiting your fans(or remaster Oni), I'm done with this studio. Hope you guys had a lot of laughs.

I have not idea what you are talking about.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, April 16, 2020, 22:59 (1473 days ago) @ Morpheus

Also why it's so important that you won't buy another game.

I have not idea what you are talking about.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, April 17, 2020, 01:54 (1473 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Glad I’m not the only one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

'Oh, Stewardess, I Speak Jive'

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, April 17, 2020, 07:53 (1472 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by INSANEdrive, Friday, April 17, 2020, 07:56

(Reference.)

Jesus Christ on house arrest, this took me almost an entire year...DBO was too busy, Guardians of the Respawn kept confusing that Triumph with all the other Gambit ones...but somehow I managed to do it myself.

~Video is here~

After begging and reminding and even nearly whoring my gamertag out(again), I got this damn thing on my own, and thank the Doomslayer, I don't have to play Gambit anymore.

Bungie, once again nice job on attaching several multiplayer triumphs to a book that is exclusively single player. You're listening, right? Good, then hear this:

I'm not ever buying Destiny 3, if it is indeed made. Ever.

If it were possible, I'd ask for my money back from Destiny 2. I don't care if you remove the whole damn Titan class. I'm done with stressing over this game, I'm done with having to do multiplayer tasks by myself, and until you stop spiting your fans(or remaster Oni), I'm done with this studio. Hope you guys had a lot of laughs.

He feels, I presume, this is a swear so he put the spoiler tag over it.
For the last year, Morpheus has been playing gambit for only completion purposes. He's been trying to complete a lore book, in particular the "Book: A Drifter's Gambit". The "chapter" he has needed is "The Price of a Double-Sided Coin", which to do so apparently requires you get three motes from invading in Gambit and surviving to teleport back. After a year of trying, he finally did it and is now free! FREE! *Crazed laughter would go here* No more gambit for he!

After that he declares he will never buy Destiny 3, which may very well be a fancy way to say he's definitely going to buy Destiny 3, should such be officially made.

Then after that he goes into a ramble about how Sonic is the BESTGAME OF ALL TIME! ALL TIME... or some bullshit I don't know, I'm just here trying to gargle walnuts and I gotta say it's really hard to do without choking to death I've only done it successfully twice with the strings on the toes makes flossing hard too I should buy a boat...

... or something. Basically reading that last paragraph is that. Eh. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No need for thanks. *SNAP SNAP* Ain-no-thang. :P

by cheapLEY @, Friday, April 17, 2020, 08:21 (1472 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I assumed his post was just venting and tongue in cheek.

In either case, it does highlight the ridiculous way people engage with Destiny. If you’re not having fun, why do it? Just because something is there, it doesn’t mean you have to participate. Quit being a completionist and the game gets a whole lot more fun.

I also realize that’s easier said than done.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, April 17, 2020, 08:43 (1472 days ago) @ cheapLEY

In either case, it does highlight the ridiculous way people engage with Destiny. If you’re not having fun, why do it? Just because something is there, it doesn’t mean you have to participate. Quit being a completionist and the game gets a whole lot more fun.

I'm all for people playing the game they want to, I just don't understand when people blame bungie for "forcing" them to play certain things to get a check mark. I understand that people feel they need to complete something because there is that check mark in the game, but don't blame Bungie for your need to have to fill in a check box. If you honestly thing Bungie shouldn't put those check boxes in there then by all means don't play the game. But I personally think that is a little overkill. But I guess I'm not that much of a completionist.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, April 17, 2020, 09:23 (1472 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I’m mostly with you. Or I was until the season pass model, when the entirety of new content just became a checklist to complete.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, April 17, 2020, 09:45 (1472 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I'm all for people playing the game they want to, I just don't understand when people blame bungie for "forcing" them to play certain things to get a check mark. I understand that people feel they need to complete something because there is that check mark in the game, but don't blame Bungie for your need to have to fill in a check box. If you honestly thing Bungie shouldn't put those check boxes in there then by all means don't play the game. But I personally think that is a little overkill. But I guess I'm not that much of a completionist.

I’m on the same page as you, here. I’ll be the very first person to commiserate over some of the barriers that Bungie puts between players and loot. For me, the weapons ARE the game. I often put time into Destiny activities that I don’t want to do, because it rewards an awesome weapon that I’ll get months or even years of enjoyment out of (that is, until Bungie started nerfing everything I loved in this game). For example, I think it’s utter BS that there are some players who’ve completed Scourge of the Past 50+ times and still don’t have Anarchy. Stuff like that is genuinely anti-player, IMO. But I push through that stuff because for me, taken in balance, it’s still worth going through those frustrations to get to all the fun that I have with Destiny.

But I just can’t see why anyone would suffer through stuff that they hate so much for a check mark.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, April 17, 2020, 11:52 (1472 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

But I just can’t see why anyone would suffer through stuff that they hate so much for a check mark.

You've got that right.

[image]

Play only if you're haveing fun.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, April 17, 2020, 08:43 (1472 days ago) @ cheapLEY

His post is most definitely a few puffs of steam. As for... well, all of this, I think its because of the challenge. And... being pissed off is very good at (feigning?) motivation.

Buy The Full Version of BabelMorph For $29.99(Replies)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, April 17, 2020, 10:34 (1472 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

He nailed it! Like, 95% of it.

Which, genuinely speaking, is actually better than the average translation software.

Am I seriously the only one who thinks Mote Thief is unreasonable? If it were killing Guardians and picking up their dropped motes, that's one thing. But trying to find their computer enemies—your allies—waiting for the other team to kill them, grabbing the motes the opponents are usually right on top of, and then hoping to survive for the the next 10, 15, 20 seconds? That's not nuts to anybody else here?

@Cheapley—I understand,and you're absolutely right. But Destiny 2 isn't supposed to be fun. At least, not anymore. It's a job now. You have to work to get to the fun, then you have to work to access the fun, upgrade the fun and infuse the fun. And in some cases, catalyst the fun. When I'm blasting Hive non-stop in the Altar of Sorrows, I'm having fun. When I'm replaying story missions, for any reason—triumph boosting, changing my playstyle to match modifiers, or just for the hell of it—I'm having fun. When I NUKE Majors, groups of enemies and Bosses with just one shot of the Xenophage, I've got a towel laying on the floor in front of my chair! But when I have to go into multiplayer and accomplish a task that requires the cooperation and direct assistance of the people who are trying to kill me?! That is NOT fun. That is SPITE.

@Cheapley & Macaddict—your posts are valid, but there is something I'd like to ask. I'm not being sarcastic or flippant, this is a genuine question: Is it really completionism if it's only for one specific achievement?

The only reason I'm doing any of this, why I even touched Gambit more than once, is to get the Chronicler title. And technically by association, the Seal the Deal achievement. Yes, Savior is free. Yes, Almighty is available/easy. But I don't want those. In fact, I don't want any of them. Once I get this title, I will never intentionally perform a single activity that will ever advance my progress towards another title a single inch. These titles let people know who you are, right? Well, I'm a storyteller. I want to know more, read more, learn more. And I want people to see that. That's my passion for doing this book. Completionist, maybe. But it's a pretty small drop in the pond.

@Macaddict—you answered your own question right there. People play the game they want to. They get mad at Bungie forcing them because they can no longer play the game they want to.

@Cruel—you answered your own question, too. You gave a heartfelt, sensible and passionate paragraph about what drives you to do the activities you need, and the grind you go through to get the weapons you love, and that's perfectly fine; I do that too occasionally! Then when you said you didn't understand my thing, I had to chuckle. Weapons have check marks, too! Through a quest, a bounty or just the check mark of RNG. We just displayed the exact same drive and spirit, just for two different rewards. ;-)

btw, a friend of mine in The Respawn, he's on run 47 of Scourge. Nice job, Bungo.

Buy The Full Version of BabelMorph For $29.99(Replies)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, April 17, 2020, 11:12 (1472 days ago) @ Morpheus

I get it. I’m not really criticizing. If that title is that important for you, go for it. I have to ask if you really think it was worth it though. I guess the answer to that is obvious.

Just a couple of things...

by Claude Errera @, Friday, April 17, 2020, 12:59 (1472 days ago) @ Morpheus

Am I seriously the only one who thinks Mote Thief is unreasonable? If it were killing Guardians and picking up their dropped motes, that's one thing. But trying to find their computer enemies—your allies—waiting for the other team to kill them, grabbing the motes the opponents are usually right on top of, and then hoping to survive for the the next 10, 15, 20 seconds? That's not nuts to anybody else here?

I got this one by accident, but there are definitely Triumphs that strike me as nuts. If I needed to get them all, I'd be angry. (In your case, if I needed to get THIS ONE, to finish a seal, I might be angry, too... but again, it fell in my lap, so I couldn't be angry.)

The Maximum Carnage medal/Triumph (for the first one) is nuts. You need to kill 7 guardians in a single invasion before Drifter brings you back. That means killing 3 of them... then team-wiping all 4 after they respawn in a single shot (rocket, super, whatever). I don't think I'll ever even come CLOSE to doing that. (I got to 5 once. Someone on DBO - Speed? Korny? I can't remember - got to 6. But 7? Yeah, no.)

Of course, that one's not required for any seal, so skipping it doesn't cost me (or you) anything.

@Cheapley—I understand,and you're absolutely right. But Destiny 2 isn't supposed to be fun.

Yeah... I gotta stop you here. As a couple of other people have said, if you're not having fun, stop playing. I DEFINITELY think it's supposed to be fun - and I have fun 98% of the time I play it. The whole cynical "Destiny is just a bounty simulator" meme is getting old. Ignore the damn bounties if they bother you. Really. There are 3 activities (4?) where light level actually matters. If you want to do those, maybe you have to worry about Bounties. For everything else, you're COMPLETELY FINE ignoring them. Just play the damn game.

Games should be fun

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, April 17, 2020, 13:17 (1472 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Yeah... I gotta stop you here. As a couple of other people have said, if you're not having fun, stop playing. I DEFINITELY think it's supposed to be fun - and I have fun 98% of the time I play it. The whole cynical "Destiny is just a bounty simulator" meme is getting old. Ignore the damn bounties if they bother you. Really. There are 3 activities (4?) where light level actually matters. If you want to do those, maybe you have to worry about Bounties. For everything else, you're COMPLETELY FINE ignoring them. Just play the damn game.

This. I've basically stopped playing Destiny because I hate the grind/bounty thing. I hop on occasionally to play crucible with folks, and I have fun when I do. I always enjoyed the Raids in the past, but since I haven't bought the last expansions/season pass I can't do that anymore so now it's just a free-to-play PvP game for me. That's totally fine. If you're playing a game, then you should only play the parts you enjoy (or maybe put up with a tiny amount of pain to get to something you enjoy). If you aren't having fun, then stop and find something else to do.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, April 17, 2020, 13:22 (1472 days ago) @ Claude Errera

That’s where I have to disagree with you. Everything new in the game revolves around bounties. You can’t make realistic progress in the season pass without doing them. You can’t upgrade Bunkers without doing them. I’d love to go back to ignoring bounties. You literally can’t make progress anymore by doing so. It’s the reason I don’t play anymore. Sure, I can still jump in and raid or play Crucible or whatever, but I’d be ignoring the content I ostensibly paid ten dollars for, and honestly, I’ve been doing the other things with basically nothing new since Forsaken, so I’m kinda over it. I’m just not interested in logging in and collecting bounties then spend the next two hours just doing random crap with whatever gun the bounty tells me to use. I think it’s incredibly disingenuous to tell someone to just ignore bounties. That’s just not how the game works anymore.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, April 17, 2020, 13:40 (1472 days ago) @ cheapLEY

That’s where I have to disagree with you. Everything new in the game revolves around bounties. You can’t make realistic progress in the season pass without doing them. You can’t upgrade Bunkers without doing them. I’d love to go back to ignoring bounties. You literally can’t make progress anymore by doing so. It’s the reason I don’t play anymore. Sure, I can still jump in and raid or play Crucible or whatever, but I’d be ignoring the content I ostensibly paid ten dollars for, and honestly, I’ve been doing the other things with basically nothing new since Forsaken, so I’m kinda over it. I’m just not interested in logging in and collecting bounties then spend the next two hours just doing random crap with whatever gun the bounty tells me to use. I think it’s incredibly disingenuous to tell someone to just ignore bounties. That’s just not how the game works anymore.

I think the solution for someone who hates bounties is not to suck it up and do the bounties... it's to stop paying for content that requires you to play a way you don't want to. As t1ger says, you can just go the free-to-play route and do the fun stuff.

I'm not saying "Ignore the bounties", full stop. I'm saying "Ignore the bounties if they make you sad or angry."

You don't have to pay for content you don't enjoy.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, April 17, 2020, 13:57 (1472 days ago) @ Claude Errera

You’re not wrong. Alas, too late for me. I bought the full pass with Shadowkeep, because enjoyed everything that was released before that. I guess I won’t make that mistake again.

And, I mean, no hard feelings on my end. The game isn’t what I want it to be right now, but I’m happy to put it down and play other stuff, and I’ll almost surely pay the next big expansion.

It’s difficult sometimes to keep expectations in check. The season pass isn’t really what I would consider significant content. Ultimately it’s really just something to do for the people who would be playing anyway.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, April 17, 2020, 16:45 (1472 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by CruelLEGACEY, Friday, April 17, 2020, 16:50

You’re not wrong. Alas, too late for me. I bought the full pass with Shadowkeep, because enjoyed everything that was released before that. I guess I won’t make that mistake again.

And, I mean, no hard feelings on my end. The game isn’t what I want it to be right now, but I’m happy to put it down and play other stuff, and I’ll almost surely pay the next big expansion.

It’s difficult sometimes to keep expectations in check. The season pass isn’t really what I would consider significant content. Ultimately it’s really just something to do for the people who would be playing anyway.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with saying something along the lines of “I expected better” than what we’ve received these past 3 seasons. I’m sure there are plenty who will disagree with me on this, but I would argue that D2 was a substantially better game 1 year ago than it is right now. Now, there are activities and features that have been added over the past year that I greatly enjoy, but taken as a whole, I’d argue that the day-to-day experience of logging into the game and engaging with the endgame/progression system (even mildly) is far less enjoyable now. To Claude’s point, yes, there are still plenty of activities in the game that I can play whenever I want and have a blast doing them. And if u don’t enjoy the bounty-simulator-with-2009-mobile-game-mechanics that D2 has become, I can ignore those systems. But a year ago, the things I enjoyed were part of the progression system and endgame. Now, they largely are not.

There’s also the fact that, like you, I bought the entire year’s season pass along with Shadowkeep, because I was expecting the quality of year 2 to be maintained at the very least. I really didn’t think the game would tank the way it has. But this is what I find so infinitely puzzling about Bungie over the past 5-6 years. They keep forgetting or unlearning lessons they appeared to have already learned. And this applies to more than just new content. Even if I hadn’t spent any money on Shadowkeep or the season’s pass, the game that I was having so much fun with a year ago doesn’t really exist anymore. The damage model has changed in such a way that the basic combat doesn’t feel as satisfying as it used to IMO (someone on reddit pointed out that Bungie re-balanced crit damage in such a way that every primary weapon which used to 1-shot kill a red bar enemy now leaves them with a sliver of health instead, and this change was implemented at the exact moment that Bungie started selling finishing moves... I’m not ready to jump to the conclusion that selling finishing moves was the goal of the damage re-balancing, but I hate that Bungie created a situation where I even need to wonder about it).

All I’m getting at here is that I don’t think being dissatisfied with the current state of the game is necessarily a sign that your expectations were too high. D1 and D2 have both been in far better states than D2 is in right now. My main concern going forward is that it looks to me like Bungie is 100% dependant on community feedback to know if what they’ve created works or not. People can argue and nitpick over the details and never come to complete agreement, but it should have been painfully obvious to the team in the studio that Trials was NOT ready to go (just as an example). My hope is that someone at Bungie with some rock solid taste and instincts will take the bull by the horns and steer the ship in a more intentional direction, rather than the seemingly random “let’s keep throwing stuff at the wall and see what sticks” approach that Bungie has taken lately.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, April 17, 2020, 17:23 (1472 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

All good points. I did not intend to imply that I think anyone is wrong for being dissatisfied with the season pass content. I’m disappointed with it! I’ve just reached the point where I can actually accept it and move in instead of being here bitching about it (though I’m always happy to do so). I don’t mean to imply that’s what you’re doing either!

Destiny has seemed aimless basically from the start, but I think it’s worse now than ever.

I do try to see the other side though. I’d be hard pressed to believe that anyone (or at least very many) look at the season pass as great content. But I do try to recognize that lots of people probably do enjoy what it offers, and for folks like Claude who would be playing the game anyway, it’s probably a good value proposition—a new small activity to play, some new gear to play with, just new stuff to do and chase while they play.

I don’t personally like it, and I think it’s done actual harm to the game (and certainly to my personal enjoyment of it), but I can’t discount that lots of people think it’s totally fine, and it’s easy to just not play the game and hope the next big thing ends up being cool.

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, April 18, 2020, 09:53 (1471 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I do try to see the other side though. I’d be hard pressed to believe that anyone (or at least very many) look at the season pass as great content. But I do try to recognize that lots of people probably do enjoy what it offers, and for folks like Claude who would be playing the game anyway, it’s probably a good value proposition—a new small activity to play, some new gear to play with, just new stuff to do and chase while they play.

Yeah, please don't take what I said as "I think they're doing a great job with the value proposition of content for my cash" - I actually agree with you guys that the content this season (and for the last few seasons, to be honest) is not worth the money I put into it, if I judge by what I USED to get from my cash from Bungie.

HOWEVER: I still have fun playing (a lot of fun, it turns out), and in terms of an absolute value for my buck, it can't be beat. Yeah, I'm disappointed by how little new content there is in Season of the Worthy... but I'd be sad if I didn't have access to it, and I'm paying the equivalent of pennies per hour to play it. So while I can agree that we're not getting what they've offered us in the past, I can't argue that there's a better way (for me) to spend that $10 - I mean, what... that gets me 15 days of ad-free TV on Hulu? Two lattes at Starbucks (that I don't even want to go into right now)? A little over half a month of HBO programming? For me, it's a no-brainer, even though it's really not very much content.

I've passed the stage in my life where I feel comfortable jumping between games regularly. For me, Destiny is pretty much it - getting into a new game, and learning that game's control scheme, is actually more work than I feel like doing. (Feel free to judge me for that; I don't really care what anybody thinks about it. :) ) I COMPLETELY understand that if I didn't feel that way, then spending my $10/season on OTHER games would also be a no-brainer. But I do feel that way, so for me, the decision is easy.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, April 18, 2020, 13:03 (1471 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I've passed the stage in my life where I feel comfortable jumping between games regularly. For me, Destiny is pretty much it - getting into a new game, and learning that game's control scheme, is actually more work than I feel like doing.

There are many games that are great that are not mechanically heavy. For instance, you already know the control scheme for say, Life is Strange. Left stick to move the character, right stick to move the camera. Your muscle memory carries over to tons of games. It's no work to learn.

Likewise it's weird you mention it as work. Learning new game systems, and going in knowing nothing and slowly gaining knowledge of the best techniques is one of the best parts of a game for me. The 'journey' is really fun.

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, April 18, 2020, 13:33 (1471 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I've passed the stage in my life where I feel comfortable jumping between games regularly. For me, Destiny is pretty much it - getting into a new game, and learning that game's control scheme, is actually more work than I feel like doing.

There are many games that are great that are not mechanically heavy. For instance, you already know the control scheme for say, Life is Strange. Left stick to move the character, right stick to move the camera. Your muscle memory carries over to tons of games. It's no work to learn.

I love it when you tell me how things are for me.

Likewise it's weird you mention it as work. Learning new game systems, and going in knowing nothing and slowly gaining knowledge of the best techniques is one of the best parts of a game for me. The 'journey' is really fun.

Yep, used to like it. Don't like it any more.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, April 18, 2020, 16:26 (1471 days ago) @ Claude Errera

You've never played a third person game EVER?!

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, April 18, 2020, 16:58 (1471 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You've never played a third person game EVER?!

Yeah, that's definitely the takeaway from my sarcasm.

I know how to play. I've played. (Played all four seasons of Walking Dead, for example.) I enjoyed them enough to finish them... a few years ago. But I didn't like the way that thinking about the controls took me out of the game. And that got worse as time went forward. I'm at a point now where I simply don't care to pick up a new one.

Doesn't mean I CAN'T - means I find the added work overcomes the enjoyment of playing.

The idea that for you, it takes "no work to learn" might mean that for me, it takes "no work to learn" (or "to play") is absurd. I find it takes work, and the work reduces the enjoyment of playing enough that I don't care to do so. The fact that you can't simply accept that and move on blows my mind.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, April 18, 2020, 17:04 (1471 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I know how to play. I've played. (Played all four seasons of Walking Dead, for example.) I enjoyed them enough to finish them... a few years ago. But I didn't like the way that thinking about the controls took me out of the game.

That's because the walking dead actually has shit controls. It's not just you :-p I didn't last an hour when I tried it.

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, April 18, 2020, 17:14 (1471 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I know how to play. I've played. (Played all four seasons of Walking Dead, for example.) I enjoyed them enough to finish them... a few years ago. But I didn't like the way that thinking about the controls took me out of the game.

That's because the walking dead actually has shit controls. It's not just you :-p I didn't last an hour when I tried it.

::sigh::

It was an example. I've played Journey. I've played Braid (not sure if you're counting puzzle games, I guess). A couple of years I went through all of the Myst games again, after they were released on Steam. And many, many more. My interest in trying new games has been waning for a while, though, and at this point, it's pretty close to gone.

Tried the Disintegration beta. Tried Apex Legends. Hell, I OWN Life is Strange, tried that, too. (For maybe 10 minutes.) I'm back to Destiny.

I like playing a game where I don't have to think about the controls, and where I have fun almost all of the time. Destiny scratches that itch well enough that I don't need to branch out. I'm good. Thanks for worrying about me, though. :)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, April 18, 2020, 17:22 (1471 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Just out of curiosity, what does that mean for whatever Bungie does next? What if it’s not a FPS? I sort of assume they will try to support both Destiny and Matter simultaneously. Do you just stick with Destiny because you know it?

I realize that is basically impossible to answer in any real way. I guess I’m just curious if Bungie is the studio you make the exception for or if even that might not hold true.

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, April 18, 2020, 17:31 (1471 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Just out of curiosity, what does that mean for whatever Bungie does next? What if it’s not a FPS? I sort of assume they will try to support both Destiny and Matter simultaneously. Do you just stick with Destiny because you know it?

I realize that is basically impossible to answer in any real way. I guess I’m just curious if Bungie is the studio you make the exception for or if even that might not hold true.

Absolutely no way to answer that right now. I'll definitely keep an open mind; they get way more leeway than any other studio, that's for sure. But it's entirely possible i won't be playing ANY games when Matter launches. ;)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, April 17, 2020, 21:36 (1472 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

There’s also the fact that, like you, I bought the entire year’s season pass along with Shadowkeep, because I was expecting the quality of year 2 to be maintained at the very least. I really didn’t think the game would tank the way it has. But this is what I find so infinitely puzzling about Bungie over the past 5-6 years. They keep forgetting or unlearning lessons they appeared to have already learned. And this applies to more than just new content.

One thing is the same: a lack of clear vision for Destiny. This is why what you say is happening is happening. There is and never was a coherent direction to the game. Thus there are no lessons to learn since even Bungie doesn't know what they want Destiny to be. It's a dysfunction in the studio as of the past few years that doesn't appear to have been figured out yet. Maybe it will.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, April 18, 2020, 15:57 (1471 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I have adopted an alternate strategy with bounties: Get them all, then ignore them. If I’m going to do crucible? Get all the bounties, then don;t look at them for 2-3 matches, probably. It’s a fun surprise when banners pop up during the game. Maybe if I feel like switching weapons I will see what didn;t get completed accidentally and use that as an idea for what to switch to.

Still has the problem of requireing far too much time of pre-work before I can start playing though. I miss omniscient bounties from launch.

Also, I think the bounties really don;t matter as much to the game as you imply, but then I don;t think the stuff in the season XP timeline is all that important.

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, April 18, 2020, 17:15 (1471 days ago) @ Vortech

Also, I think the bounties really don;t matter as much to the game as you imply, but then I don;t think the stuff in the season XP timeline is all that important.

Well Bungie thinks it’s worth $100.

Even discounting the season pass track (which I won’t, as I think that’s a massive part of what they’re actually selling people), you can’t engage with the one new event (the bunkers) at all without doing the bounties from them.

You can ignore bounties for Trials I guess.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, April 17, 2020, 17:54 (1472 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I got this one by accident, but there are definitely Triumphs that strike me as nuts.

More nuts, or less nuts than your dreaded 2-for-1 in Halo 3?

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, April 18, 2020, 09:54 (1471 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I got this one by accident, but there are definitely Triumphs that strike me as nuts.

More nuts, or less nuts than your dreaded 2-for-1 in Halo 3?

I'm only angry about that because I EARNED IT, FAIR AND SQUARE (and have video to prove it), and didn't get it.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, April 19, 2020, 07:32 (1470 days ago) @ Claude Errera

For a while there, I was stuck trying to figure out how something like that could even be possible. I eventually gave up and looked it up on YouTube. That is idiotic...that is outrageously irrational...that is impossibly situational...that is (honestly) self-serving...that is just straight up asshole. And if I had to do that for ANYTHING(especially Chronicler), I'd be driving over to Bellevue and knocking on their front door...with an 18-wheeler.

You've certainly put things in perspective. Mote Thief was a poorly executed idea...but you've shown me that there's MUCH worse. So I appreciate that, and I'm going to return to D2 with a much more relaxed approach.

Still won't buy Destiny 3 though.

Heh...

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, April 19, 2020, 09:22 (1470 days ago) @ Morpheus

For a while there, I was stuck trying to figure out how something like that could even be possible.

According to Braytech, 1.35% of the active playerbase has achieved it. :)

I’ve done it twice . . .

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, April 22, 2020, 12:00 (1467 days ago) @ Claude Errera

And it was incidentally completed well before I had a specific need for that Lore. I guess maybe it doesn’t line up with the usual thirst that Invaders have.

I’ve done it twice . . .

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, April 22, 2020, 14:57 (1467 days ago) @ Harmanimus

And it was incidentally completed well before I had a specific need for that Lore. I guess maybe it doesn’t line up with the usual thirst that Invaders have.

Um... I'm hoping you're just a step behind, and still talking about Mote Thief, because if you got two Maximum Carnage medals without even trying, I'd be frightened to play against you.

I’ve done it twice . . .

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, April 22, 2020, 15:51 (1467 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Oh, definitely a step behind. I was talking about Mote Thief. I’m not that scary.

Heh x 2,000,000

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 10:53 (1460 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I unlocked Mote Thief and Four the Hard Way last night while working on my triumphant collector triumph. All the while I had already completed the triumphant invader triumph... turns out tossing caution to the wind just works out sometimes...

Well done!

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 11:27 (1460 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

Congrats, Man!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 12:48 (1460 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

Well, It's Not.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, April 18, 2020, 08:54 (1471 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I forgot to come back to this. As you've probably read, I'm just venting puffs of smoke. But you're right. Losing one customer is completely meaningless in an ocean of 100 million streamers, players, Bung-zis, fans, completionists and workers who will instantly pre-order the $850 Grandmaster Edition. My spare $70 has already been swallowed whole on Eververse addicts before this thread even started. After all the games I already bought from them, the expansion packs, the soundtracks, the Silver—they could care less. One person can't make a difference.

So yeah, I was just fuming.

All sound and fury signifying nothing.

My Blood Pressure Can Finally Plateau.

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Friday, April 17, 2020, 14:28 (1472 days ago) @ Morpheus

Congrats, Morpheus! You weren't kidding, it's been 302 days since your original post about this triumph. If it helps, your Gambit time has only been a small part of your Destiny experience:

Total time playing Destiny 2: 648 hours
Total time playing Gambit: 12 hours (1.9%)
Number of Gambit matches: 49 (19 wins)

My Blood Pressure Can Finally Plateau.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, April 17, 2020, 19:47 (1472 days ago) @ Chappy

Hahaha, yeah I was NOT eager to go back in there. Like I said, just seeing that green snake in the Director made me start tasting blood. lmao

Well, now that I thought about it; I actually need to do some more for that 21% thing, or whatever it's called. But that's during Bonus Infamy only. ;-)

Other than that, I'm just gonna relax...catalysts only! :-D

Unrelated Note...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, April 17, 2020, 20:38 (1472 days ago) @ Morpheus

Has anyone noticed that this game is crashing more that Titanfall now?

Y e s

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, April 18, 2020, 00:20 (1472 days ago) @ Morpheus

Like, holy crap, what happened to the backend?

I haven't, I'm on a One X if that changes anything

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 07:34 (1468 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread