I'm making a game! *OT* (Gaming)

by Postmortem ⌂, AZ, Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 13:22 (3833 days ago)

Hey everyone, I have a big announcement! For the past five months I've been working really hard on a brand new endeavor, something larger and bolder than anything I've done before. This is, in large part, why I've been so absent from the Halo/Bungie community this year. Some of you have seen hints of what I've been working on, but we're finally ready to open the doors and let people see what we've been doing.

[image]

My new company, SomeFriends Studios, including a concept artist that many of you might recognize, TDSpiral, are hard at work on a prototype of our first game (currently titled "Evo"), which we will be showing off more and more as it gets closer to completion. Additionally, sometime early in 2014, we'll be releasing this prototype for everyone to play through a Kickstarter campaign. We're really excited about the potential that this unique idea has, and even more so by the team that's working on putting it together! As we keep moving forward, we're going to be uploading video updates to our YouTube channel, and I encourage everyone to follow our progress there.

I'd also like to invite everyone to check out our website.

[image]

We're very interested in hearing your thoughts and feedback, and responding to any messages you might have. This is a learning process for all of us, and we'll ultimately be able to improve and make a more outstanding game with your feedback.

And for those concerned, have no fear... this studio does not, and has not, interfered with work on Community Evolved in any way. :) Progress continues on that at a constant pace.

Good Luck

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 17:39 (3833 days ago) @ Postmortem

Your website doesn't work.

What genre is your game and what platforms will it be available on?

Good Luck

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 17:58 (3833 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It looks like he included a secure link (https://) to the site, and there's no secure server running on that machine. I've switched the links back to plain http, and they work again.

Good Luck

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, October 31, 2013, 14:07 (3832 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Oh, Cody.

I know it's a 2.5D platformer. I'm curious about available platforms myself, though I suspect the full answer to that question probably isn't known to even the dev team yet.

Good Luck

by Postmortem ⌂, AZ, Saturday, November 02, 2013, 00:58 (3830 days ago) @ stabbim

Oh, Cody.

I know it's a 2.5D platformer. I'm curious about available platforms myself, though I suspect the full answer to that question probably isn't known to even the dev team yet.

Indeed. Because it's our first game, we're looking at a PC release first, the details of which we'll figure out once we've focused enough on actually making the game. When the game is ultimately completed, we don't want to limit ourselves in terms of platforms, but we also don't want to underestimate the amount of work required to port to each given system.

As of right now, stabbim is right. Our primary focus is on getting the game completed.

awesome, can't wait to see more

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, October 31, 2013, 06:47 (3832 days ago) @ Postmortem

- No text -

Very cool!

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Thursday, October 31, 2013, 10:41 (3832 days ago) @ Postmortem

I'll be sure to follow this. All the best with the project!

I'm making a game! *OT*

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, October 31, 2013, 14:13 (3832 days ago) @ Postmortem

[image]

Seriously though, I am. I have no doubt you'll make the best thing you can make.

Also, props to TDSpiral on the artwork. I find the characters appealing, but just as importantly, they stand out. If I saw that little guy again a year from now, I'm pretty sure I'd remember where he was from.

What he said.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, November 01, 2013, 05:21 (3831 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread