It's good to be back--Crucible (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 18:59 (1416 days ago)

I just had maybe the best game of my life in Survival.

[image]

That's in part due to Redrix's Broadsword. Did they change something about this archetype Pulse Rifle? I hated this gun before, I could just never find a rhythm with it. Now, though--man it rules. The Last Hope helped, too.

Here's a few small clips. Nothing impressive by any means, there are many moments where I missed shots and good player would have destroyed me, but it still highlights the power of Redrix's.

P.S. If you need drops, play Survival. It just rains.

It's good to be back--Crucible

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 19:15 (1416 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I just had maybe the best game of my life in Survival. ...

...That's in part due to Redrix's Broadsword. Did they change something about this archetype Pulse Rifle? ...

Yes.

High-Impact Pulse Rifle damage per bullet from 21 to 22 – this changes it from six crits to five crits/one body to kill a guardian in PvP at most resiliences.

Also... AH! You changed your tag. I was wondering who that was.

It's good to be back--Crucible

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 19:34 (1416 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

High-Impact Pulse Rifle damage per bullet from 21 to 22 – this changes it from six crits to five crits/one body to kill a guardian in PvP at most resiliences.

I guess I could try reading the patch notes huh? But that’s for nerds!

Also... AH! You changed your tag. I was wondering who that was.

Yeah. I was like 14 when I made my old tag. I didn’t hate it, but I never had any real attachment to it.

Hey baby... nice sidearm ;)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 21:03 (1416 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

More sidearm goodness.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, June 15, 2020, 21:28 (1411 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Squid, Korny, INSANEdrive, and I spent this evening playing Showdown, trying to force Final Showdowns. It was a lot of fun. We lost like five in a row due mostly to bad luck, but all of those losses were after complete blowouts in the first two rounds and us throwing ourselves off the ledge for two rounds to force the sudden death round. I don’t think there’s a single game all night that we’d have lost if we hadn’t been forcing sudden death. I honestly felt a little bad for the other guys.

In any case, here’s the only clip I thought to save from the night, and it’s a sidearm massacre. I freaking love this thing.

That triple kill

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 05:19 (1410 days ago) @ cheapLEY

[image]

Now watch us fail! Yay!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 11:05 (1410 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Squid, Korny, INSANEdrive, and I spent this evening playing Showdown, trying to force Final Showdowns. It was a lot of fun. We lost like five in a row due mostly to bad luck, but all of those losses were after complete blowouts in the first two rounds and us throwing ourselves off the ledge for two rounds to force the sudden death round. I don’t think there’s a single game all night that we’d have lost if we hadn’t been forcing sudden death. I honestly felt a little bad for the other guys.

As cheapLEY mentioned, we lost 5 in a row. (In most other cases, it was like watching a wolf pack slaughter a group of baby lambs.) I captured the first two, as the group bewilderment at of "WHAT JUST HAPPENED!" was too good not to show off. All in all; YAY! We suck! :P

Now watch us fail! Yay!

by squidnh3, Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 11:55 (1410 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

As cheapLEY mentioned, we lost 5 in a row.

Turns out it was only 4 in a row, 3 of which included the player "THE BONANA KING", how is apparently a master of Final Showdowns.

Why I was the one coming up with the plan is a good question, but this absolutely should have worked. What seems to have went wrong on repeat viewing is that just as I was about to block the Nova Bomb with my Twirly Staff, Korny put up the Bubble, which took the blow instead, popped and killed us both. Then you and The Artist Formerly Known as Cheapley got a great tether, killed those guys, but ran into the spot without seeing there was a blight there, due to the tremendous amount of explosions occurring.

Here, I successfully block a Code of the Missile, kill him and maybe the other guy, and then run towards the guys grabbing heavy, and get killed. Korny gets the Bubble up, which makes me think "alright no problem", but then it turns out that guy had 1000 Voices which appears to simply kill everyone in the vicinity with a single shot, including Korny inside his Bubble. Not convinced on that one.

Now watch us fail! Yay!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 13:38 (1410 days ago) @ squidnh3

As cheapLEY mentioned, we lost 5 in a row.

Turns out it was only 4 in a row, 3 of which included the player "THE BONANA KING", how is apparently a master of Final Showdowns.

Why I was the one coming up with the plan is a good question...

It was your party, and we're all grouped up to help ya get the triumph thingamajig, thus... da plan. In retrospect though, I think we got TOO hung up on capturing the point. After all, if we just went ham on the other team as we did in the first two rounds, the sequence of losses may have been shortened.

Here, I successfully block a Code of the Missile, kill him and maybe the other guy, and then run towards the guys grabbing heavy, and get killed. Korny gets the Bubble up, which makes me think "alright no problem", but then it turns out that guy had 1000 Voices which appears to simply kill everyone in the vicinity with a single shot, including Korny inside his Bubble. Not convinced on that one.

Yeah, while the first one is a comedy of errors, the 2nd one... WOW that splash damage on 1000 Voices is larger than expected. Than again, how would I know right? ;_;

Now watch us fail! Yay!

by squidnh3, Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 17:44 (1410 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

In retrospect though, I think we got TOO hung up on capturing the point. After all, if we just went ham on the other team as we did in the first two rounds, the sequence of losses may have been shortened.

LOL, that's what I mean, that's a way better plan.

I had been wondering...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 14:21 (1410 days ago) @ squidnh3

who the hell is Fooch?

Now watch us fail! Yay! And more clips from the evening.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 11:30 (1409 days ago) @ squidnh3

I love how we self-sabotaged so many matches by committing to the capture instead of just stomping the enemy team, and not once did we think to change the strategy. Womp womp.

Looks like it was a couple of blasts that cut through my wall, teammates, bubble. and skull, just as the capture was at 97% (oof). 1kV OP.

I know I've mentioned a few times how much I love the BLion, and I can't think of a more satisfying feeling in the game than sticking someone with a shot. Well, when Grenade Launchers were already life before it came out...

Using GLs is all about predicting enemy behavior...

Remember that one game where we actually earned our Final Showdown? That 0-2 lead they got on us made us change gears REAL quick:

Bonus clip:
Speaking of predicting enemy behavior...

Now watch us fail! Yay! And more clips from the evening.

by marmot 1333 @, Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 12:27 (1409 days ago) @ Korny

Bonus clip:
Speaking of predicting enemy behavior...

WTF???

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread