New Eurogamer interview with some new information (Destiny)

by broony, Friday, November 01, 2013, 09:25 (3836 days ago)

New Eurogamer interview with some new information

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, November 01, 2013, 09:54 (3836 days ago) @ broony

Awesome interview! I wish I had the time right now to point out all the interesting tidbits. Maybe tonight.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Friday, November 01, 2013, 10:31 (3836 days ago) @ Xenos

Awesome interview! I wish I had the time right now to point out all the interesting tidbits. Maybe tonight.

I had a really hard time picking out one quote for the newspost, so I had to compromise with two! That was great!

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Friday, November 01, 2013, 10:39 (3836 days ago) @ broony

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-01-lets-talk-about-destiny

Can you fly a space ship?

David Dague: Space exploration is obviously a huge theme in this game. Your player space ship is another extension of your character. It's something you'll upgrade and customise. It'll help tell your story of where you've been and what you've accomplished. But when players imagine their experiences in playing Destiny, they should look forward to a boots on the ground adventure.

Eric Osborne: It's a shooter, right? We're building a first-person shooter. It's not a space sim.

I love you, urk, but you need to attend whatever spinning class Deej is going to

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Friday, November 01, 2013, 10:40 (3836 days ago) @ Schooly D

All those colors, man. Though I was tripping on some Skooma again.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, November 01, 2013, 12:46 (3836 days ago) @ Schooly D

Reach was a shooter too, not a space sim. I still have some small hope that there will be at least a little bit of space combat. Similar to Reach where it wasn't a main part of the game at all, but a fun diversion from the normal action.

by urk, Saturday, November 02, 2013, 08:35 (3835 days ago) @ Schooly D

I love you, urk, but you need to attend whatever spinning class Deej is going to

That's the colorful answer we've been giving since E3, and people still thought you could fly the ships. I thought I'd be a little more black and white this time around.

But I will agree that DeeJ is damn good at what he does, and better at public speaking then I'll ever be. That's one of the reasons I hired him.

:)

1 2 Punch of good feelings and cold truth, deej and urk

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, November 04, 2013, 06:34 (3833 days ago) @ urk

- No text -

by DeeJ ⌂, Bungie, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 08:49 (3832 days ago) @ urk

I though you hired me because I sweat real bullets.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 08:54 (3832 days ago) @ DeeJ

I though you hired me because I sweat real bullets.

If you want to put those bullets to good use we're playing BF3 this Thursday with Guardian Radio!

by DeeJ ⌂, Bungie, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 09:50 (3832 days ago) @ Xenos

Don't try hiding in the dumpsters. They don't fall for that one. Trust me. I know.

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Friday, November 01, 2013, 14:26 (3836 days ago) @ broony

Really good interview, much closer to the kind of questions I'm interested in.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread