Taylor Swift just dropped the best album of her career. (Off-Topic)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 21:51 (1372 days ago)

As the official Taylor Swift ambassador to this forum, it is my duty to make you aware of her new album, folklore. She announced its existence this morning and dropped it at midnight.

It is absolutely incredible, the album I have wanted from her for a long while now.

This is my favorite at the moment, though every song is great.

Taylor Swift just dropped the best album of her career.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, July 24, 2020, 07:38 (1372 days ago) @ cheapLEY

As the official Taylor Swift ambassador to this forum,

Um excuse me.

it is my duty to make you aware of her new album, folklore. She announced its existence this morning and dropped it at midnight.

It's in my possession, but I don't want to start it knowing I'll be interrupted a thousand times by work. Probably won't give it a proper listen until noon when I can be reasonably sure of being left alone for an hour. Word on the (virtual) street seems pretty positive, though. There seem to be a lot of new converts. :)

It's great so far

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, July 24, 2020, 07:56 (1372 days ago) @ stabbim

As the official Taylor Swift ambassador to this forum,

Um excuse me.

hmm.....

Update

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Saturday, July 25, 2020, 08:46 (1370 days ago) @ stabbim

It's good. I mean, I knew it would be. Of more note, maybe, is the huge stylistic shift (again). It's... more folksy, I guess? I don't know if that's the right description or not. It's not a pop record, and she hasn't gone back to country, either. But if you are one of those people who wanted her to do country again, or who preferred her simpler ballads and acoustic stuff to the big pop bangers, this could be what you were actually looking for. And if you're someone who didn't listen to Taylor at all previously, it's possible that Folklore might convert you.

It's probably worth noting that a lot of songs on this album are written from the perspective of other people. Some real, some made up. This isn't new for her, but I have seen some... interesting hot takes from people who didn't know.

Update

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, July 25, 2020, 09:56 (1370 days ago) @ stabbim

It's probably worth noting that a lot of songs on this album are written from the perspective of other people. Some real, some made up. This isn't new for her, but I have seen some... interesting hot takes from people who didn't know.

The Taylor Swift fandom is incredibly fucking creepy. I know most of her songs are pretty autobiographical, but damn, her fans really dig into her personal life in a way that is extremely off-putting.

It does read like a break-up album, though.

Every time I listen to (which has been constantly, on repeat) I come away with a different favorite.

Update

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, July 27, 2020, 08:34 (1368 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The Taylor Swift fandom is incredibly fucking creepy. I know most of her songs are pretty autobiographical, but damn, her fans really dig into her personal life in a way that is extremely off-putting.

Sadly, that's not unique to any fan group. Some people just don't understand boundaries.

I’m loving it!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, July 24, 2020, 18:40 (1371 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Ahem...

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Saturday, August 01, 2020, 21:18 (1363 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Obligatory Carly Rae Jepsen add-on to the Taylor Swift Post

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kiVjmtc0X3EHn7uLGpD11hKAoKjfiHi0E

So far, The Sound has been my favorite tune so far, but there are some excellent boppers in this album. Also there is a Side B.

https://youtu.be/agF-yv0d4hU

Ahem...

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Tuesday, August 04, 2020, 16:05 (1360 days ago) @ Mr Daax

(and to save anyone else who was confused, the Side B album is what's new)

Ahem...

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, August 04, 2020, 16:19 (1360 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Oh, thanks for this. I also love Carly Rae Jensen, and I had not seen the B sides yet.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread