Errant Signal talks about Marathon. (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, August 07, 2020, 16:46 (1358 days ago)

Errant Signal is a YouTuber that I like quite a bit. He does lots of video game design videos and critiques. Today he posted a video talking about the first Marathon.

I don’t really have a history with Marathon, so I can’t really comment on his take on the game, but I found it to be interesting. MBO makes a brief appearance.

Errant Signal talks about Marathon.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, August 10, 2020, 14:06 (1355 days ago) @ cheapLEY

1. It's always interesting to me how many people come at Marathon without even questioning wether they will use a mouse for look.

2. When thinking about the place it had in the zeitgeist, ignoring the multiplayer is missing at least half of it, but I don't know how you can experience that aspect of the importance of the game today. Like many nacient corners of online things "I guess you has to be there".

3. Is that how everyone pronounces Durandal?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, August 10, 2020, 14:41 (1355 days ago) @ Vortech

Nope!

by Claude Errera @, Monday, August 10, 2020, 15:05 (1355 days ago) @ Vortech

1. It's always interesting to me how many people come at Marathon without even questioning wether they will use a mouse for look.

I was keyboard-only for years, and there were certain maps (but only certain maps) where this hurt me significantly against the person I played against the most.

2. When thinking about the place it had in the zeitgeist, ignoring the multiplayer is missing at least half of it, but I don't know how you can experience that aspect of the importance of the game today. Like many nacient corners of online things "I guess you has to be there".

I am in 100% agreement with this point.

Absolutely not. (Accent on the second syllable, not the third.)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread