STASIS SPOTLIGHT: WARLOCK SHADEBINDER (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, September 01, 2020, 11:22 (1330 days ago)

STASIS SPOTLIGHT: WARLOCK SHADEBINDER

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, September 01, 2020, 15:01 (1330 days ago) @ bluerunner

So,

"Each Stasis subclass in Beyond Light will give players the ability to customize abilities like grenades, movement modes, class abilities, and so on with. In addition, we’ve added new layers of customization with the addition of Aspects and Fragments.

Aspects manifest as physical items in the world (such as a crystallized Vex conflux or a robotic Fallen arm, for example). When slotted in, Aspects will offer players new abilities, among other effects. These abilities can be mixed and matched freely by the player. Many Aspects will have space for Fragments to be slotted in. Fragments are also physical items you can discover in the world that, when applied to Aspects, offer additional passive perks such as stat bonuses that may come with penalties. Aspect upgrades are unique to each Stasis subclass, while Fragment slots are class agnostic; how players combine these two different types of upgrades will lead to a range of customization options."

{edit}: Nevermind; I'm confused.

There are two layers of customization here, but only for Stasis classes?

So the Solar/Arc/Void subclasses don't get Aspects and Fragments.

Are we talking a full nine new subclass options, assuming Stasis is the first of 3 Darkness elements?

Or is the Aspects/Fragments system an iteration on the nine-specific-subclasses-per-Class setup we have for the Light elements, just more flexible?

~m

STASIS SPOTLIGHT: WARLOCK SHADEBINDER

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, September 01, 2020, 17:50 (1330 days ago) @ Malagate

There are two layers of customization here, but only for Stasis classes?

So the Solar/Arc/Void subclasses don't get Aspects and Fragments.

Are we talking a full nine new subclass options, assuming Stasis is the first of 3 Darkness elements?

Or is the Aspects/Fragments system an iteration on the nine-specific-subclasses-per-Class setup we have for the Light elements, just more flexible?

~m

As I recall, Luke mentioned in some interview (I think I make a post of it here), that for now this new take on how our subclasses work and play is stasis only for now. If this new subclass structure all works out, it was also mentioned that then maybe it will go to the other subclasses as well.

STASIS SPOTLIGHT: TITAN BEHEMOTH

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Thursday, September 03, 2020, 12:56 (1328 days ago) @ bluerunner

May as well note this down in this topic

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/49483

STASIS SPOTLIGHT: TITAN BEHEMOTH

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, September 03, 2020, 13:45 (1328 days ago) @ Pyromancy

I don't think they're describing all the powers super well. Here's what I think is happening with the Titan:
- Shiver Strike: Ranged lunge melee that "shatters" any frozen enemies or icicles the Titan passes near(?), knocks the target enemy back, and "chills" nearby enemies?
- Glacial Quake: Boost to damage resistance, ability to do Ground Control ice attack, unlimited uses of powered up(?) Shiver Strike? Also, sprinting or sliding into frozen enemies "shatters" the frozen stasis causing heavy damage?

So you'd be able to activate you Glacial Quake Super, do a sorta Superman melee attack to get to a group of enemies, do Ground Control to damage and freeze them, then charge at them running past to detonate the freezes?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread