Guardian Radio Episode 36 11/05/13 (Fan Creations)

by roland ⌂ @, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 11:53 (3826 days ago)

http://theguardiansofdestiny.com/#!/2013/11/05/guardian-radio-episode-36/

Episode 36 is now deployed out to the stars for your listening pleasure. This week we wrap up and discuss the success that was the #DestinyFansGiveBack Extra-Life campaign. Thank you to everyone who donated, watched the stream, or even just helped spread the word! Your actions will be remembered and will help us all become legend.

We also dig through the many new Destiny related articles that dropped this week and introduce a new segment called ‘Space Magic Academy’ hosted by Dr. Craig Hardgrove :) Learn you some science, Guardians.

Guardian Radio Episode 36 11/05/13

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 12:11 (3826 days ago) @ roland

Won't be able to listen to this for a day or so--did you correct them on that "Tychonaut" [sic] business from last week? I hope so. :)

by roland ⌂ @, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 15:53 (3826 days ago) @ Kermit

Won't be able to listen to this for a day or so--did you correct them on that "Tychonaut" [sic] business from last week? I hope so. :)

Was something wrong with the word Tychonaut? I assumed it was a fictional name for astronauts in the Golden Age or something.

I was more irked by the references to tectonic plates on the Moon (which I did talk about in this episode) than anything related to Tychonauts...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 16:20 (3826 days ago) @ roland

Was something wrong with the word Tychonaut? I assumed it was a fictional name for astronauts in the Golden Age or something.

I was more irked by the references to tectonic plates on the Moon (which I did talk about in this episode) than anything related to Tychonauts...

Yeah, I knew you were bothered by that.

The term is taikonaut (at least the accelerator facility on the moon is Chinese), but last week someone was speculating that it was a callback to Tycho in Marathon. I thought "Too bad Craig isn't there to tell them they are completely misunderstanding the term." Plus, I know you know Marathon!

by roland ⌂ @, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 16:59 (3826 days ago) @ Kermit

The term is taikonaut (at least the accelerator facility on the moon is Chinese), but last week someone was speculating that it was a callback to Tycho in Marathon. I thought "Too bad Craig isn't there to tell them they are completely misunderstanding the term." Plus, I know you know Marathon!

Thanks, I learned a new word!

An expert in human spaceflight I am not. Space robots and lasers are more my bag.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 17:10 (3826 days ago) @ roland

Heh, I taught Dr. Mr. Craig 'Space Man' Hardgrove a new word. My day is made! :)

Guardian Radio Episode 36 11/05/13 *IMG*

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 18:44 (3826 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by Pyromancy, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 19:08

[image]
The 7th book published by Simak

by DeeJ ⌂, Bungie, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 13:19 (3826 days ago) @ roland

hosted by Dr. Craig Hardgrove :)

That's supposed to be:

Dr. Mr. Craig 'Space Man' Hardgrove

We decided that when we played Halo during the Extra Life marathon.

Happy to help!

by roland ⌂ @, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 15:56 (3826 days ago) @ DeeJ

hosted by Dr. Craig Hardgrove :)

That's supposed to be:

Dr. Mr. Craig 'Space Man' Hardgrove

We decided that when we played Halo during the Extra Life marathon.

Happy to help!

I'm finally distinguished enough to be a real life "Dr. Mr."!!!

I need to get an Esquire after my name now.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread