Disintegration shutting down servers. (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 17, 2020, 16:32 (1309 days ago)

The process started today with the removal of the in game store, and by November 17, all of the multiplayer for Disintegration will be offline.

I didn’t like the game, but it’s a still a bummer. Hopefully V1 finds success in whatever they do next.

Disintegration shutting down servers.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, September 17, 2020, 16:56 (1309 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The process started today with the removal of the in game store, and by November 17, all of the multiplayer for Disintegration will be offline.

I didn’t like the game, but it’s a still a bummer. Hopefully V1 finds success in whatever they do next.

That was… crazy fast. Wow. But as you say, not surprising given the quality of the game.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, September 17, 2020, 17:36 (1309 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Did it bomb that hard? Like worse than Anthem??

Nothing bombed worse than Anthem.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, September 18, 2020, 08:28 (1309 days ago) @ ManKitten

Did it bomb that hard? Like worse than Anthem??

Honestly, it was a really fun game. It just didn't get enough traction in multiplayer to have a solid player base. It also had some problems with matchmaking, at least I think it did, it was hard to tell because of the player base.

Other than that, there wasn't really anything wrong with it, no bugs really. Everyone that I've heard from says they either weren't a fan of the single player or they loved it. I mean, it was a small studio trying to pull off a new genre like a AAA studio and I think they did an amazingly good job of it.

Now THAT'S Fast...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, September 17, 2020, 19:57 (1309 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Never even made it to Gamepass... Darn.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, September 18, 2020, 00:44 (1309 days ago) @ cheapLEY

That said, Gamepass couldn't vitalize the double-digit playerbase of Bleeding Edge, so who can say...

I get devs wanting to pull in that revenue stream from the boost that Multiplayer gives Microtransactions, but the game clearly, clearly suffered across the board from trying to make the gameplay work in a competitive space. Remember when folks said the multiplayer was only bad because "beta", but then the final game was no better? Because the problems were fundamental issues.

They should have put 100% of the effort into the single-player, which was actually fun gameplay-wise, but suffered from so many half-baked systems; even the cutscenes felt unfinished.

-Hindsight clarity and all that aside, I knew Disintegration had a long uphill battle from the moment I took control of the Training area and ran into some game-breaking bugs. It was especially frustrating, because the dev was clearly trying to do something fresh, and it reminded me so much of the underrated Battle Engine Aquila. But the game clearly lacked resources in so many key areas, and I blame multiplayer for it. I had high hopes for the campaign at least, but yeah, when you try to make your game a jack of all trades...

I dunno what there is to say about it, other than wishing V1 better luck with their next effort. Maybe instead of flat-out killing the multiplayer, they can pull a Crucible and take it back to the drawing board for a re-release?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, September 18, 2020, 15:46 (1308 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I was intrigued and wanted very much to like it. I found the demo kludgy. I hate to say it, but that killed my interest. I bet I was not alone.

me too :-(

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, September 18, 2020, 17:33 (1308 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

by FyreWulff, Monday, September 21, 2020, 04:20 (1306 days ago) @ cheapLEY

From what I played it sort of seemed like MP was something the publisher wanted since it had MTX up front and center. It was very thin.

Anyway, the campaign's got some good ideas, it just needed to either commit to the "RTS with an active commander" or "we're a mech shooter". if it just had you commanding units from first person with you also contributing shooting or healing, but removed the elevation/etc management of yourself, it would have flowed a lot better.

Or if it had gone all in on the mech shooter but had AI buddies that handled themselves, that would have also worked.

It just tried to make people spin one too many plates at once.

Anyone know if they ever published any Discs? Digital Only?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, September 29, 2020, 17:47 (1297 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Does anyone know if they ever published any discs? Or was it all digital only?

I was not able to purchase at release. Timing and $$

Bought Disintegration on sale today. ~~Positive Vibes~~

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Sunday, October 11, 2020, 16:35 (1285 days ago) @ Pyromancy
edited by Pyromancy, Sunday, October 11, 2020, 16:40

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread