So....Snooze & Lose? (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, September 26, 2020, 09:01 (1279 days ago)

I noticed that today's(well, yesterday's) modifiers for the Reckoning were Grenadier, and I was thinking that my Hunter and Titan could use the triumphs for getting grenade kills...so I started up Reckoning on my Hunter...or attempted to. Apparently, my other characters don't have access to the activity(even though my Warlock can do anything). So I only just found out that activity unlocks are not account-wide! So. Completely forgetting how I unlocked Reckoning in the first place, I looked it up—said you had to complete a Gambit Prime match. One miserable loss later, and it still didn't unlock for me. Does this mean since I didn't complete the unlock process three times when it was relevant, I can never play them on my other characters ever? I know they're getting deleted soon, but if my previous question were the case, this must have been going on for years! Anybody have any advice?

So....Snooze & Lose?

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, September 26, 2020, 09:45 (1279 days ago) @ Morpheus

I’m pretty sure there’s a specific quest you have to pick up from The Drifter for Reckoning. I don’t recall how it starts, but he still yells at me at the start of every week about upgrading that stupid thing.

Edit: After you play a match of Gambit Prime, go to The Drifter and pick up the Weak Synthesizer. That will let you into The Reckoning.

So....Snooze & Lose?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, September 26, 2020, 12:16 (1279 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I’m pretty sure there’s a specific quest you have to pick up from The Drifter for Reckoning. I don’t recall how it starts, but he still yells at me at the start of every week about upgrading that stupid thing.

I’m sorry, but that’s just too funny... I just pictured him breaking programming script and literally yelling at you while everyone decoding Umbrals awkwardly try not to stare. XD

So, I found out what it was. It turns out that it wasn’t just to complete a Gambit Prime match, but to complete a bounty too. I finished one that took way too long, and I received access to the Reckoning when I went back.

Thanks for the help! Now I’ve just gotta do the same for the forges.

So....Snooze & Lose?

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, September 26, 2020, 12:33 (1279 days ago) @ Morpheus

Thanks for the help! Now I’ve just gotta do the same for the forges.

Not that Forges are difficult anymore, but hit me up if you see me on and want to run some. I’m at 3 out of 10 frames for the Jotunn quest.

Up For Tonight?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, September 27, 2020, 14:54 (1278 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Today’s forge is Bergusia, so I’m gonna start working on Threat Level. You want in? ;-)

(That also applies to the rest of DBO)

So....Snooze & Lose?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, September 28, 2020, 07:50 (1277 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I’m at 3 out of 10 frames for the Jotunn quest.

You are further along than I am on that quest lol.

So....Snooze & Lose?

by cheapLEY @, Monday, September 28, 2020, 08:28 (1277 days ago) @ unoudid

I’ve been putting it off. Making frames is really mind-numbingly boring.

I'm going for the master smith triumph, so yeah....

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, September 28, 2020, 09:37 (1277 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

by cheapLEY @, Monday, September 28, 2020, 10:58 (1277 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I thought about it, because I like that ship. But trying for that is the surest way for me to hate Destiny again. If i could just forge the weapons, sure, but I am not grinding out those bounties for modulus reports. I’m only at like 35 total frames, anyway.

For context, when I decided to focus, on 9/15, I had 38...

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, September 28, 2020, 11:02 (1277 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Raiding with y'all is the only thing keeping me sane

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, September 28, 2020, 11:03 (1277 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, September 28, 2020, 11:35 (1277 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I thought about it, because I like that ship. But trying for that is the surest way for me to hate Destiny again. If i could just forge the weapons, sure, but I am not grinding out those bounties for modulus reports. I’m only at like 35 total frames, anyway.

I played this game for 4 years, and nothing in this post makes any sense to me. Must have changed a lot…

by cheapLEY @, Monday, September 28, 2020, 11:54 (1277 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I’d explain it to you, but to what end? I don’t think you’d care.

Suffice to say, yes, Destiny is different in some ways. It’s also exactly the same in some ways. They are trying some different things, though. Even if I don’t particularly like the direction they’ve been going, I do think there’s still some potential for the seasons. I think the current season at least has done good ideas and is working towards being something like a miniature version of the Dreaming City.

Void Grenadier

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Monday, September 28, 2020, 12:38 (1277 days ago) @ Morpheus

I noticed that today's(well, yesterday's) modifiers for the Reckoning were Grenadier...

Void Grenadier is great - definitely the easiest runs for me personally. With a Taken Armaments Mod, Hive Armaments Mod, and Two Grenade Launch Scavengers, I could treat my Swarm of the Raven Heavy as my primary - it's the only weapon I ever fired. Each grenade adds 11+ rounds to its magazine. Add in an Oppressive Darkness mod this season, and it's a cakewalk (as long as you're feeding your Well on the bridge).

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread