Thanks, Mankitten! (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, November 09, 2020, 09:45 (1257 days ago)

For keeping us up to date on the latest teasers on the front page. Between the return of that (misguided? treacherous?) amnesiac Uldren to the possibility that Ana has to come to terms with the patriarch of her adopted family is probably a raid boss, it seems like the potential for real character development and drama has been set up nicely in Destiny's narrative. I'm more interested in that aspect than I have been since before D1 dropped.

Thanks, Mankitten!

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, November 09, 2020, 10:51 (1257 days ago) @ Kermit

The front page is a good asset for organizing and archiving things. I still search the HBO front page for things from time to time. I'm at my computer all day and often take breaks to check the forum and such. Might as well put some stuff on record while I'm doing it.

Apparently, there's supposed to be an event in the tower today. Anything happening yet?

Thanks, Mankitten!

by Claude Errera @, Monday, November 09, 2020, 11:26 (1257 days ago) @ ManKitten

Apparently, there's supposed to be an event in the tower today. Anything happening yet?

The rumor I've heard is that it'll happen a little before 7 Pacific; it'll be a justification for the downtime.

(I'll echo Kermit's thanks, and apologize for neglecting to mention the TWAB on the front page after localizing it. Things got nuts here. And then I forgot.)

Thanks, Mankitten!

by cheapLEY @, Monday, November 09, 2020, 11:26 (1257 days ago) @ ManKitten
edited by cheapLEY, Monday, November 09, 2020, 11:30

Last I heard was that they would make a small patch available three hours before the game goes offline.

Edit: 4:00 PM PST

Made it in.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, November 09, 2020, 16:18 (1256 days ago) @ ManKitten
edited by ManKitten, Monday, November 09, 2020, 16:35

Seems the Traveler is repairing itself.

There's also a big chunk of the tower missing near Zavala. I don't remember it being like that, but I'm not the most observant sometimes. Not explored the tower though. Gotta make dinner.

I’m in. Something up with the Traveler.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, November 09, 2020, 16:33 (1256 days ago) @ ManKitten

The Traveler is surrounded with Light, it looks like, with some strands shooting off into the sky.

I’m in. Something up with the Traveler.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Monday, November 09, 2020, 17:27 (1256 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Made it through the queue got the end of week message and then promptly got kicked out forcing me to restar at 14,000 in the queue. Arrgghh!!

Made it in.

by Claude Errera @, Monday, November 09, 2020, 16:43 (1256 days ago) @ ManKitten

There's also a big chunk of the tower missing near Zavala. I don't remember it being like that, but I'm not the most observant sometimes. Not explored the tower though. Gotta make dinner.

I haven't logged on, but when the Almighty crashed this summer (? - I can't remember any more, it's Blursday), a chunk was taken out near Zavala. Maybe there's a new one, or maybe you're just seeing that one for the first time.

Made it in.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, November 09, 2020, 16:44 (1256 days ago) @ Claude Errera

That’s the only one I see. The one behind Tess.

Made it in.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, November 09, 2020, 16:45 (1256 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I haven't logged on, but when the Almighty crashed this summer (? - I can't remember any more, it's Blursday), a chunk was taken out near Zavala. Maybe there's a new one, or maybe you're just seeing that one for the first time.

I probably just never noticed it. Complacency and such.

New Mission—Light Anomaly, explore the city.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, November 09, 2020, 17:36 (1256 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

Too bad it's totally broken. :(

by Claude Errera @, Monday, November 09, 2020, 17:47 (1256 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Bungie, quit doing “live” events, you fucking suck at it.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, November 09, 2020, 17:48 (1256 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Now with more headaches!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, November 09, 2020, 18:55 (1256 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Seriously, looking out at the traveler is giving me a Dreaming City-tier headache. It’s a double-image combined with bright haze, and nothing is happening.

What a way to greet the new year of content.

Much quicker than last time

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, November 09, 2020, 19:08 (1256 days ago) @ Korny

Servers went out with a bang

I liked it

Now with more headaches!

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, November 09, 2020, 19:24 (1256 days ago) @ Korny

Seriously, looking out at the traveler is giving me a Dreaming City-tier headache. It’s a double-image combined with bright haze, and nothing is happening.

What a way to greet the new year of content.

What were you expecting from an event they didn't plan on promoting? It's just a thing that happened. Not everything has to be epic.

Now with more headaches!

by cheapLEY @, Monday, November 09, 2020, 19:34 (1256 days ago) @ ManKitten

Competence would be a good starting point.

Mixed Results Again

by squidnh3, Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 08:00 (1256 days ago) @ Claude Errera

This ended up being pretty cool (and arguably more significant than the Almighty crash), especially with the final cutscene as a call back to the opening cutscene of D1, but I'm unsure why they decided to try to update the game and have everyone re-login again in such a short time frame. It definitely didn't help with my last second Triumph hunting panic.

There was some speculation that this was also a stress test in preparation for today, but I guess we'll see how that goes.

Mixed Results Again

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 08:12 (1256 days ago) @ squidnh3

This ended up being pretty cool (and arguably more significant than the Almighty crash), especially with the final cutscene as a call back to the opening cutscene of D1, but I'm unsure why they decided to try to update the game and have everyone re-login again in such a short time frame. It definitely didn't help with my last second Triumph hunting panic.

There was some speculation that this was also a stress test in preparation for today, but I guess we'll see how that goes.

I don’t buy that last bit, because Luke gave the impression they weren’t going to advertise it happening at at except it accidentally got out through an e-mail.

Other than server issues it was okay, but if the Traveler was healing itself, why didn’t we get to see that instead of just fading to black. It was like getting 98% there then being left with blue balls.

Nothing seemed broken to me

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 09:13 (1256 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I thought it was cool. Their second live event was nice step up from their first. (I was expecting something less, based on the tweets.)

My only regret is that I joined Raga and he had already started the story mission, so I found myself on the last platform of the new Tower space without touring the area to get there and hearing my ghost's lines. On the other hand, I might not have noticed the new story mission otherwise, so there's that.

Also don't get the headache issue. Thought it was a cool effect, bu haters gotta hate.

Nothing seemed broken to me

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 09:57 (1256 days ago) @ Kermit

The broken part was at the beginning. Every time I started to go in, I'd get kicked back out. A quick scan of Reddit shows that I was far, far from alone. (There's even a tweet on @bungiehelp acknowledging the problem.)

It settled down a little later. Still had more than half an hour to explore a pretty small space, so it was fine. Was definitely totally broken at the start, though.

I’m streaming it:

by cheapLEY @, Monday, November 09, 2020, 18:03 (1256 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Can somone summarize what happened? (Spoilers, maybe?)

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 08:46 (1256 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I tried to log on via PC fairly late, around 6:50pm PST. After waiting a while, I got in.

I did the special mission, ghost said some stuff, I saw some NPCs looking up, I looked up and saw hazy stuff around the Traveler, the waypoint kept moving, I followed it and eventually got a "quickness" buff, I jumped over some moving water and got to a door and held down 'E' (PC).

Then I got kicked to orbit. Lots of "Trouble Connecting to Destiny" messages and the game was mostly on a black screen.

Later I heard the music change (I had alt+tabbed out) and caught the tail end of an animation that showed the Director, darkness swirled around the destinations that were being taken and then the Traveler got like, a blueish round pattern (?) on it.

After that I was kicked out for good and servers seemed down.

So I scrolled through CheapLeys's twitch feed and I couldn't find where he even got the buff and found the doorway. So I'm curious if other people did that part/if they were able to open the door/etc.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 08:57 (1256 days ago) @ marmot 1333

I tried to log on via PC fairly late, around 6:50pm PST. After waiting a while, I got in.

I did the special mission, ghost said some stuff, I saw some NPCs looking up, I looked up and saw hazy stuff around the Traveler, the waypoint kept moving, I followed it and eventually got a "quickness" buff, I jumped over some moving water and got to a door and held down 'E' (PC).

Then I got kicked to orbit. Lots of "Trouble Connecting to Destiny" messages and the game was mostly on a black screen.

Later I heard the music change (I had alt+tabbed out) and caught the tail end of an animation that showed the Director, darkness swirled around the destinations that were being taken and then the Traveler got like, a blueish round pattern (?) on it.

So I scrolled through CheapLeys's twitch feed and I couldn't find where he even got the buff and found the doorway. So I'm curious if other people did that part/if they were able to open the door/etc.

I got the buff when I went through the door, I think. I didn't do anything special to receive it. It let me explore the final space, but didn't really give me anything else.

I saved the last couple of minutes of the event, which includes the conversation that happened. I apologize for realizing a little bit in that it would be better without a HUD; removing that before this part started would have been better. Oh, well.

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 09:21 (1256 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Thanks Claude, last night I didn't get to hear any of the voiceover stuff that was in your video.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 09:06 (1256 days ago) @ marmot 1333

I only started streaming after I got in for the second time, so it was after I opened the door and go the buff, which I think just came from the Traveler pulsing and sending out waves of light.

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 09:22 (1256 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I only started streaming after I got in for the second time, so it was after I opened the door and go the buff, which I think just came from the Traveler pulsing and sending out waves of light.

So what was on the other side of the door? Just more city, like what was in Claude's video above?

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 09:34 (1256 days ago) @ marmot 1333

All of my stream was from the other side of the door. It was that social space to watch The Traveler.

I can more than summarize what happened, I can show you!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 11:01 (1256 days ago) @ marmot 1333

It sounds to me you hit all the major beats. The City, the Quickness light buff, the cutscene of the "map". Since you mention everything dropped for you when you hit the door, I'll show the first clip I have after that. I presume the reason you dropped was because entering that door put you into a public area. The hand shake is different, and that's probably why you got kicked.

I do eventually look around, if only to see if I can get a better view.

Why are you gazing in the pubic area? That's rude!

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 11:04 (1256 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

⚆ _ ⚆ wat?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 11:21 (1256 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

⚆ _ ⚆ wat?

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 11:34 (1256 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[image]

>_< DOH!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 12:23 (1256 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

LOL!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 08:05 (1255 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Thanks!

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 11:57 (1256 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread