Solo Atraks, someone explain this. *Raid spoilers* (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, November 29, 2020, 09:42 (1255 days ago)
edited by cheapLEY, Sunday, November 29, 2020, 09:46

Here’s a video of someone soloing Atraks-1. Other than final stand, he never picks up the scanner buff, but instead shoots random copies of Atraks-1 with a special grenade launcher. Somehow this is telling him the correct Atraks-1 to damage, but I can’t really figure out what’s going on.

Also, if you already have one of his Replicants, you can push around a Replicant that’s on the ground.

Okay, I figured it out.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, November 29, 2020, 09:54 (1255 days ago) @ cheapLEY

He’s just watching for boss health bar movement, I think. Not sure how it’s not triggering the wipe, though. Maybe there’s a damage threshold to cause the wipe, so stray bullets don’t accidentally do it?

This kind of stuff...

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, November 29, 2020, 10:29 (1255 days ago) @ cheapLEY

...does two things for me:

It inspires me to reach for what's possible.

It completely demoralizes me to realize we've struggled as a group of 6 with that encounter.

From The Legend Himself

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Sunday, November 29, 2020, 14:29 (1255 days ago) @ cheapLEY

He’s just watching for boss health bar movement, I think. Not sure how it’s not triggering the wipe, though. Maybe there’s a damage threshold to cause the wipe, so stray bullets don’t accidentally do it?

Yeah, here is his full write up on the challenge:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/k3geha/solo_atraks1_fallen_exo_comprehensive_writeup/

From The Legend Himself

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, November 29, 2020, 15:01 (1255 days ago) @ Speedracer513

That’s a great write up!

There’s no way I’d have the patience for the sort of testing something like this requires, but the end result is certainly something to behold. That run is freaking clean.

Dumping his own replication charge with the doorway? *mwah*

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, November 29, 2020, 14:08 (1255 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread