Joe Blackburn talks Vault of Glass. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, December 18, 2020, 18:43 (1224 days ago)
edited by cheapLEY, Friday, December 18, 2020, 19:12

Polygon put up a story in which Joe talks about updating Vault of Glass.

It doesn’t really say much, honestly. The raid is getting updates because original Vault would be stupid easy in the current Destiny sandbox. Old weapons will return with updated perks, but they should fundamentally feel like the same weapons.

That’s pretty much it. I’m still excited!

Joe Blackburn talks Vault of Glass.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Saturday, December 19, 2020, 01:32 (1224 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The raid is getting updates because original Vault would be stupid easy in the current Destiny sandbox.

I'm sure some knob is going to be upset about changes, but I actually do buy that argument.

Old weapons will return with updated perks, but they should fundamentally feel like the same weapons.

It's not actually enough, but the possibility of using Vision of Confluence again did briefly make me consider D2. I know it's not most people's VoG fave, but I've always been a sucker for scout rifles, and that one was good in its day. I have fond memories of nightfalls with solar burn. Plus I always thought it had the best flavor text.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, December 21, 2020, 11:20 (1221 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It doesn’t really say much, honestly. The raid is getting updates because original Vault would be stupid easy in the current Destiny sandbox. Old weapons will return with updated perks, but they should fundamentally feel like the same weapons.

Makes more sense too, story wise. Not holding my breath about it, but MAN, would I be pleased as punch if they made the "push off the ledge" cheese from back in the day an official mechanic.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, December 21, 2020, 14:45 (1221 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Makes more sense too, story wise. Not holding my breath about it, but MAN, would I be pleased as punch if they made the "push off the ledge" cheese from back in the day an official mechanic.

Man, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. There is no way they're doing that.

I'm with stabbim. Love the idea of having Vision of Confluence again.

Kerm

Wasn't the great thing about VOC

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, December 22, 2020, 06:22 (1221 days ago) @ Kermit

Man, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. There is no way they're doing that.

I'm with stabbim. Love the idea of having Vision of Confluence again.

Kerm

That it was an energy primary?

Yep!

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, December 22, 2020, 07:18 (1221 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread