Defeating anything with stasis....nope. (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Sunday, December 27, 2020, 19:58 (1216 days ago)

What am I doing wrong. I have multiple challenges that requiring defeating enemies with stasis powers, melees, supers, whatever and am making zero progress on them. I'm a hunter. My super doesn't kill anyone...it just freezes them and you can splode them with guns. All these challenges are in gambit or strikes and the enemies are strong enough to survive the freezing. In 3 games of gambit I "killed" one enemy with a stasis super.

Also, what the heck is a champion?? In strikes and empire hunts I've got a bunch of zeros across the board.

George is getting upset!

Defeating anything with stasis....nope.

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, December 27, 2020, 22:38 (1216 days ago) @ ManKitten

What am I doing wrong. I have multiple challenges that requiring defeating enemies with stasis powers, melees, supers, whatever and am making zero progress on them. I'm a hunter. My super doesn't kill anyone...it just freezes them and you can splode them with guns. All these challenges are in gambit or strikes and the enemies are strong enough to survive the freezing. In 3 games of gambit I "killed" one enemy with a stasis super.

Also, what the heck is a champion?? In strikes and empire hunts I've got a bunch of zeros across the board.

George is getting upset!

Okay, I'm a little surprised with the Stasis problems - that super usually does pretty good damage, especially to red-bars (of which there are usually a lot in Gambit). I guess I don't know where you are in the progression of the super - unlike all of the other subclasses, Stasis has extra powers that you can add as you go (well, as you earn them) - Aspects and Fragments. It's possible it only becomes deadly once you start adding those, and you don't have them. (I don't know if you don't have them - I'm just saying that not having them could be an explanation for why it's doing less damage for you than i'd expect.)

I'm fuzzy now on the details, but there's a Born in Darkness quest that earns you both - or at least earns you Fragments, and ACCESS to earning Aspects (which actually come through other quests you pick up weekly from Elsie Bray, once you've advanced Born in Darkness far enough to start earning them).

If you already have these, and you're STILL having trouble - I'm out of ideas. :(

As for Champions:

They're powerful enemies that have been in specific end-game-level activities for the past 4 or 5 seasons. There are three kinds: Barrier, Overload, and Unstoppable.

They're clearly marked in-game, and unless the people you're playing with are killing them REALLY fast without you noticing, you've probably died to a few if you haven't ever killed any.

Barrier Champions put a bubble around themselves after they take a certain amount of damage - if you don't have a weapon that can break the barrier, they will heal to full health inside of it, and you'll have to start over.

Overload Champions are baddies with ADHD - they teleport around, being super-hard to hit until stunned. You can stun them with any gun that's been augmented with an Overload mod. (Well, with a type of gun that's augmented with an Overload mod on your gauntlets.)

Unstoppable Champions are just that - unstoppable. They're often Ogres, but can be other types of baddie - and unless you hit one with an Unstoppable Shot, they will run right over you and kill you. Stun them, and you can do bonus damage to them until the stun wears off.

Most of these mods go on your gloves, and most can be found in your Seasonal Artifact, as unlocks. Some weapons have intrinsic champion-fighting powers; Eriana's Vow can break Barriers, Leviathan's Breath can stun an Unstoppable champion. There are others.

They're worth a lot of points, if you're running an activity that's scored, and they're pretty hard to kill (impossible, in some cases) if you don't have any way to get through their strengths.

Another tip

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, December 27, 2020, 23:11 (1216 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Except for some specific finishers (off the top of my head, the Valkyrie and Saint's headbutt, but there might be more), they all count as "elemental kills" of whatever element your equipped subclass is.

This is how I got Stasis Champion kills with my Hunter. I am as stumped as Claude is about your Super, though. It's usually amazing. Are you missing the second throw? The first only freezes target over, but the second does both Slow and Shatter damage, and a LOT of it.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, December 28, 2020, 05:19 (1215 days ago) @ Claude Errera

They're clearly marked in-game, and unless the people you're playing with are killing them REALLY fast without you noticing, you've probably died to a few if you haven't ever killed any.

There’s also the chance he legitimately has never seen them, if he’s only doing the lowest tier Nightfalls or Empire Hunts (or if he’s not doing Empire Hunts through the playlist).

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, December 28, 2020, 07:19 (1215 days ago) @ cheapLEY

There’s also the chance he legitimately has never seen them, if he’s only doing the lowest tier Nightfalls or Empire Hunts (or if he’s not doing Empire Hunts through the playlist).

I've only seen 1 champion and I gave up because I didn't have the modifier to drop his shield. I didn't realize I need to attach it to my glove. My artifact has most of the modifiers unlocked, I've just been trying to attach them to my weapons.

As for the super, I'm currently working on the quests that unlock the aspects/fragments. I'm throwing both weapons at the same spot. In gambit, if my teammates shoot the frozen enemies before the super splodes them, is that why I'm not getting credit?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, December 28, 2020, 07:44 (1215 days ago) @ ManKitten

In gambit, if my teammates shoot the frozen enemies before the super splodes them, is that why I'm not getting credit?

Yep. The second part of the Super (Squall, what does the actual damage) does so in a "slow"-burn way. If they explode the enemies before Squall does, you're SOL.

by squidnh3, Monday, December 28, 2020, 07:51 (1215 days ago) @ ManKitten

As for the super, I'm currently working on the quests that unlock the aspects/fragments. I'm throwing both weapons at the same spot. In gambit, if my teammates shoot the frozen enemies before the super splodes them, is that why I'm not getting credit?

It's almost certainly the case that only the "tornado" part of the Hunter super counts as actually killing the enemies with the super. However, if the freeze and tornado parts of your super hit the same place and there are red bar enemies in that place, it usually kills them instantly. When your super is up, try to be the first person on your team to a new wave of enemies, and use it in the largest group of red bars.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, December 28, 2020, 12:05 (1215 days ago) @ ManKitten

You can also attach Champion mods to certain weapons, as well. Unfortunately it changes each season, but it's usually in a decent rotation. If you unlock the artifact, you can use it on the weapon of choice. This season it's Auto Rifles, Hand Cannons, Pulse Rifles, Scout Rifles and SMG's.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, December 28, 2020, 12:48 (1215 days ago) @ Morpheus

That’s no longer true. All the Champion mods go on Arms now (or at least this season). Certain exotics have intrinsic Champion mods, too.

Jesus, How Did I Get So Old...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, December 28, 2020, 15:13 (1215 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

It’s better than the alternative.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, December 28, 2020, 15:19 (1215 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

*cries in Benjamin Burton language*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, December 28, 2020, 16:29 (1215 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread