is anyone still blind re: presage? (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, February 25, 2021, 13:15 (1156 days ago)

Still leaning towards doing alone, but just curious.

It goes without saying but keep your replies spoiler free, please.

is anyone still blind re: presage?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, February 25, 2021, 13:35 (1156 days ago) @ Kermit

I haven't done a prestige raid yet! I'm blind!

Oh. Presage.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, February 25, 2021, 14:32 (1156 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I haven’t done it yet. I get about a third through I think (just after the compactor) where you do the first boss encounter. I always die at least once and then the game respawns before the compactor for me only now it’s been reset and in a darkness zone and I am forced to kill screebs and blow fuses all in one life and I don’t have the ability to do both. I swear it spawns twice as many screebs too as before it was a darkness zone and they kill me while the fuses take forever to find and explode. Going from you can die as many time as you need to you must do it without dieing is too much for me.

Spoilers - just some help for Coug

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, February 25, 2021, 14:54 (1156 days ago) @ CougRon

I haven’t done it yet. I get about a third through I think (just after the compactor) where you do the first boss encounter. I always die at least once and then the game respawns before the compactor for me only now it’s been reset and in a darkness zone and I am forced to kill screebs and blow fuses all in one life and I don’t have the ability to do both. I swear it spawns twice as many screebs too as before it was a darkness zone and they kill me while the fuses take forever to find and explode. Going from you can die as many time as you need to you must do it without dieing is too much for me.

If you focus on screebs instead of the fuses, there's one mostly safe space in that room - it's in the middle of the wall you came in on. I usually jump just before the floor comes together anyway, because I'm not POSITIVE the bottom's safe - but as long as you're up against the wall you come in on (ie the opposite wall from the switch), you usually survive. (Really - stay up against the wall. Even a foot or two out is enough to kill you.) At this point, the encounter is screeb-free, and you can spend the entire time shooting fuses.

Just a suggestion, if splitting your time between fuses and screebs is too much.

9 hours later... I never want to do that mission alone again

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Sunday, February 28, 2021, 02:51 (1153 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

lol

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, February 28, 2021, 11:46 (1153 days ago) @ CougRon

- No text -

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, February 25, 2021, 15:13 (1156 days ago) @ CougRon

I haven’t done it yet. I get about a third through I think (just after the compactor)

I read to there and thought: didn't I say no spoilers?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, February 25, 2021, 15:09 (1156 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I haven't done a prestige raid yet! I'm blind!

Oh. Presage.

Miss playing with you, Cody.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, February 25, 2021, 13:58 (1156 days ago) @ Kermit

It's best to do it alone. There's some really neat elements of discovery and exploration, without any need to bring a fireteam along.

And it's something you really want to take your time with to soak in (especially the Master version), as there's some rather neat dialogue here and there.

Also, if you're not good at spacing jumps, it might be best to practice those alone too.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, February 25, 2021, 15:08 (1156 days ago) @ Korny

Also, if you're not good at spacing jumps, it might be best to practice those alone too.

You know me well!

The new dialog isn't exclusive to the Master version

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, February 25, 2021, 16:10 (1156 days ago) @ Korny

Matter of fact, I'd like to ask Kermit what his dialog will be about, since it's already week 2 but his run will be the first.

Hopefully there's no FOMO-inducing lost dialog...

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, February 25, 2021, 14:48 (1156 days ago) @ Kermit

I've made it part way through but had to log off. I've still not completed it and am blind past where I've been. I'm always down to join a friend.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, February 25, 2021, 15:12 (1156 days ago) @ ManKitten

I've made it part way through but had to log off. I've still not completed it and am blind past where I've been. I'm always down to join a friend.

Thanks, man. I'll keep that in mind. Korny has steered me back to being solo, but if it feels too frustrating alone I'll ping you. I think I'll try it tomorrow night.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, February 25, 2021, 15:20 (1156 days ago) @ Kermit

Thanks, man. I'll keep that in mind. Korny has steered me back to being solo, but if it feels too frustrating alone I'll ping you. I think I'll try it tomorrow night.

I am not blind, but I’m willing to play it with you and just shut up and help you kill stuff if you need. Not ideal, I know.

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Thursday, February 25, 2021, 19:49 (1156 days ago) @ Kermit

I still haven’t done it. I have watched part of it but not enough to know things or have heard the dialog. Thinking if doing solo, I didn’t realize it was doable that way.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, February 25, 2021, 20:05 (1156 days ago) @ Kermit

Well, that was interesting. Got into the ship. Went down a few red hallways. Knocked out some vents. Then somehow got out of the map. Triggered new dialog. Could see a door opening but couldn’t get into the hallway where the door was. Explored some more and ended up at the loading bay where I came in, only on the wrong side of an invisible barrier. Will try again tomorrow.

No spoilers!

What dialog did you get?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, February 25, 2021, 20:52 (1156 days ago) @ Kermit

Who was talking with whom? Just checking how Bungie is handling this.

What dialog did you get?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, February 25, 2021, 21:23 (1155 days ago) @ ZackDark

Osiris said something about a console maybe? Heard it once. It’s early. Think about the first door that opens. It’s probably that.

Gotcha

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, February 25, 2021, 21:27 (1155 days ago) @ Kermit

Pretty cool that Bungie doesn't skip to this week's dialog if you missed last's

I still need to purchase the season pass

by Oholiab @, Friday, February 26, 2021, 12:03 (1155 days ago) @ Kermit

Last season they sucked me in with Hawkmoon. Now this...

For me the question comes down to: $10 for a single mission and an upgrade pack? (I don’t think I’ll be playing much to level up)

bluerunner and I did it last night

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, February 27, 2021, 08:17 (1154 days ago) @ Kermit

It was a heck of a lot of fun. Can't wait to do it again.

Nice!

by marmot 1333 @, Saturday, February 27, 2021, 08:56 (1154 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread