Pre-Witch Queen Showcase Updates; Tweet Edtion (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, August 04, 2021, 12:47 (995 days ago)

---

Mr. Assistant Game Director Joe Blackburn made for us a tweet storm, which is embedded below. If this format is too distracting you can also read VIA threadreaderapp. Please note the extra tweets at the bottom.

&

P.S.:

Sigh.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 04, 2021, 16:22 (995 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I was this close to deleting Destiny and never looking back. Then they have to go and get my hopes again. Complete assholes, the whole lot of ‘em.

*simpsons* Ha-ha!

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, August 04, 2021, 18:43 (995 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'm thrilled you'll still be around. :)

*simpsons* Ha-ha!

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 04, 2021, 18:55 (995 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I don’t think I’ll ever quit Destiny, as much as I want to sometimes. I’ll be there day one when the new season hits, I’m sure.

*simpsons* Ha-ha!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 04, 2021, 19:49 (995 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I don’t think I’ll ever quit Destiny, as much as I want to sometimes. I’ll be there day one when the new season hits, I’m sure.

It possible!! Do it!! I don’t regret it at all. It only feels like it’ll be tough.

*simpsons* Ha-ha!

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 05, 2021, 06:40 (995 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I don’t think it’s tough, I just don’t really want to. You’ve missed out on the best content in Destiny, the best raid they’ve ever done (and several other good ones), dungeons, cool bespoke missions for exotic weapons, the best feeling Crucible that’s existed, etc.

All of that stuff is worth the slight headache off the rest of the game.

*simpsons* Ha-ha!

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, August 05, 2021, 07:14 (995 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I don’t think it’s tough, I just don’t really want to. You’ve missed out on the best content in Destiny, the best raid they’ve ever done (and several other good ones), dungeons, cool bespoke missions for exotic weapons, the best feeling Crucible that’s existed, etc.

Yeah I feel like the bespoke missions are truly something they didn't have before Cody quit. I truly is a different game now.

*simpsons* Ha-ha!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, August 05, 2021, 08:38 (995 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Not for me. Not anymore. But if for you, then I understand.

you're mellowing...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, August 05, 2021, 11:30 (994 days ago) @ Cody Miller

and I like it.

It was a dark and stormy night...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 05, 2021, 12:28 (994 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by INSANEdrive, Thursday, August 05, 2021, 13:20

With a slight chuckle, Cody Miller turns to face the open door, only to pause. His hand still momentarily hanging on the antiquated bronze doorknob of yore. Before him is only a greeting by the cold rain and the ink of night, broken by cracks of light and thunder which follows. A wall of water globs and beads against the club awning, "D.B.O", pooling the water around it splashing against the eroded rust-residued concrete below, spilling then onto the streets and sewers along with the rest of the heavy noise of rainfall.

He pops the collar of his tartan flannel trench coat and reaches for one of his fruit flavored gluten-free non-GMO Vegan Cigarettes fortified with vitamin N he purchases from a mom and pop shop down on 23rd. They say they are going to retire soon. The rent is too high. *Feah* Don't they know the importance of what they do? With out them I'd have to huff that digital swill, or worse, support a soulless conglomerate. Don't they understand that physical media is pure.

With a light from his sustainability grown cruelty free match made with all natural ingredients, he takes a quick drag, and lets the smoke waft around him. He glances back with the slightest head turn.

Not for me. Not anymore. But if for you, then I understand.

Ha ha. Gottem. Cody Miller then broodingly melts into the rain and the night, alone. Before him now were two choices, go home and tell other people online that they were wrong, or stand onto the roof of some seven story building and stare at the high-rise lights of the city and think about how dumb everyone was for not agreeing on how right he was. How misunderstood he was.

Ha, why not, why not both?

As he turned the corner, he passed an open window, and managed to hear his name, stopping in his tracks. It was INSANEdrive, probably talking to cheapLEY.

"...know, at first, I thought Cody was a troll. He still may be in some way, but over the years I gotta give him credit for consistency. He must be, by far the most brilliant idiot I have ever had contact with."

Mild chuckles fill the hall.

"No no but really, it's almost endearing, I almost feel some sort of sad respect on how insufferable he is, I mean... nerve of this guy! He's hardly here at all, unless there is some sort of scandal where some dudes think their dick is a personality or ... and this is the real kicker... to tell us we should quit the whole reason we're together here anyway. I mean the arrogant brass on this guy must be the worst sort of art turned science I have ever seen. It's breathtaking."

Cody rolled his eyes, and didn't give it a second thought. As Cody recalled, INSANEdrive thinks Bioshock was good, when in fact it is just a really bad game. Everyone knows that. Or they should.

"Bioshock is a bad game" he yells, rain muffling his voice. Ha ha. Gottem.

Cody throws the cigarette to the ground and steps on it, only to then pick it up and place it back into the cigarettes box to toss it properly later on. 4.5 trillion cigarettes butts are discarded into the environment every year and cigarettes butt litter comprises up to 330% of the total litter on U.S shorelines, waterways, and land, and Cody was sure he wasn't going to be part of that statistic. He was going to make a difference.

It was seven blocks to get to his favorite seven story building, and it was getting late, and he was so misunderstood. So misunderstood.

/Fin

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ lol

(Edit: For the record, If I had to guess Cody probably doesn't smoke, but it needed it to be so in this case for the sake of artistic license. In fact, there is a lot of artistic license done here, all sparked because the comment Cody made felt to me something you would see in film noir. That's where my head went. Not sure why, but well... here it is. Here is what my brain spat out that I managed to put onto the page.)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, August 05, 2021, 13:23 (994 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

"INSANEdrive captures that perculiar mix of cynicism and a desire for purity that lies at the heart of the Cody Miller series. Best yet!"

--Badger Qbert, Spoiled Avocado

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, August 05, 2021, 14:25 (994 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

You’re right. I don’t smoke. But I also understand the absolute necessity of artistic embellishment.

*simpsons* Ha-ha!

by EffortlessFury @, Thursday, August 05, 2021, 15:52 (994 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Really depends on the person. I never got to play "the best content" because of the headache that is the rest of the game. For example, despite playing up through March 2021, the last raid I ran was Crota's End. There are just so many games out there and even plenty of live service games that do it better than Destiny. I can complete my dailies in Genshin faster than I can manage my inventory and choose my bounties in Destiny. Knowing that I can only experience much of the content in the short window available and the amount of personal headache necessary to get through it each season became too much. The gunplay is the best in the biz but I can't suffer the headache anymore, which is incredibly saddening, but c'est la vie.

+1

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, August 05, 2021, 17:48 (994 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread