PS4 & Destiny (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 20:06 (3818 days ago)

As I said I would I am here. And I am waiting to learn what Destiny has in store for PS4.

Join me - as we wait to learn, and after doing so - Gush about it excessively.

Speak to you all soon. :)

PS4 & Destiny

by marmot 1333 @, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 20:40 (3818 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Well, that was fast. But cool. Peter's still talking.

Beta is coming First access to PS4 & PS3.

This pleases me. Also...The Vex look..so... frail...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 20:43 (3818 days ago) @ marmot 1333

...for time traveling robots.

So it begins

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 20:44 (3818 days ago) @ marmot 1333

I know it should be flattering that they make you watch most of the stream to get to Bungie stuff, but I'm losing my tolerance for it. You're not going to subvert my Bungie love into becoming a Cris Angel fan, I don't care if his magic is in space!

PS4 & Destiny

by marmot 1333 @, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 20:44 (3818 days ago) @ marmot 1333

The trailer was pretty short. It showed one of each class, each with a Ghost. I think some Vex teleported in with a shimmer of blue light. Dispatched. Then fighting some big guy down a narrow hallway (bad connection, couldn't tell what he was). Later it showed the big guy with the chains. The three fought some Cabal, it almost looked like the players jumped over the enemies. The hunter destroyed a Cabal with Golden Gun.

It looked good--really fast cuts--there was a lot of content in a short amount of time.

Looks sweet.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 20:42 (3818 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

It was exciting to see the Cabal - haven't seen them much in-game.

I think the Moon still might be the place I'm most excited to visit.

Beta exclusivity, eh?

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 20:43 (3818 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I can't wait until we don't need more than one console in the house.

Shut it PC gamers, I know you were going to say something. Don't even go there! :P

Beta exclusivity, eh?

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 20:45 (3818 days ago) @ Grizzlei

They don't need to say it, it's already been said time and time again, and it keeps on proving to be an attractive offer.

Beta exclusivity, eh?

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 20:52 (3818 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Shut it PC gamers, I know you were going to say something. Don't even go there! :P

Feel free to send me your old PS3 if it's in your way...

Beta exclusivity, eh?

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 21:02 (3818 days ago) @ Leviathan

I've yet to play The Last of Us and the utility of backwards compatibility is lost on many youngsters these days. Maybe I'll sign up for Secret Santa and request you.

Beta exclusivity, eh?

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 21:52 (3818 days ago) @ Grizzlei

I've yet to play The Last of Us and the utility of backwards compatibility is lost on many youngsters these days. Maybe I'll sign up for Secret Santa and request you.

If I draw you a Korean popstar, will that increase my chances?

Beta exclusivity, eh?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 21:00 (3818 days ago) @ Grizzlei

This probably settles it for me. I'm shopping for the cheapest PS3 I can find soon. Should be plentiful on my work bulletin board.

If you want to watch it again right now

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 20:48 (3818 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

If you want to watch it again right now

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 20:49 (3818 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

http://www.bungie.net/7_Celebrating-the-PS4-Launch/en/News/News?aid=11276

"The uploader has not made this video available".

Smooth Bungie.

HA!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 20:56 (3818 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

lol, "The uploader has not made this video available"

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 20:49 (3818 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

You

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 20:53 (3818 days ago) @ uberfoop

I want to talk to you about something but I can't find your email address here. Or anywhere. Help me out?

You

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 20:55 (3818 days ago) @ Schooly D

Thanks to you, 'te' now autocompletes to teamschoolyd instead of teamliquid.

Thanks jerk.

You

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 20:59 (3818 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Thanks to you, 'te' now autocompletes to teamschoolyd instead of teamliquid.

Thanks jerk.

[image]

You

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 20:55 (3818 days ago) @ Schooly D

I want to talk to you about something but I can't find your email address here. Or anywhere. Help me out?

Should be able to find it here now.

edit: Wow, looks like you found it already and I'm just horrible.

It's really up.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 21:13 (3818 days ago) @ uberfoop

Nice grenade toss at :36.

Hunter can charge knife, Pinball Enemys.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 21:16 (3818 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Video is 1:17 long.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, November 15, 2013, 04:38 (3817 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

I think you mean 77 seconds.

by ncsuDuncan @, Friday, November 15, 2013, 23:29 (3817 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

PS4 & Destiny

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 20:51 (3818 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Looks fantastic. Really quick cuts on the trailer, I guess that's what the kids like these days?

Not too much new stuff. Definitely not worth me staying up for. (although community game night took care of that. lol)

Im a little disappointed in the early beta access. I doubt that is something that will "move" systems for Sony, and the longer the beta the more info you get for each system... I guess I'm not too worried about it, just wanna see some love thrown to the xbox community too!

PS4 & Destiny

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 20:57 (3818 days ago) @ breitzen

Looks fantastic. Really quick cuts on the trailer, I guess that's what the kids like these days?

Not too much new stuff. Definitely not worth me staying up for. (although community game night took care of that. lol)

Im a little disappointed in the early beta access. I doubt that is something that will "move" systems for Sony, and the longer the beta the more info you get for each system... I guess I'm not too worried about it, just wanna see some love thrown to the xbox community too!

It sucks others will get a chance at it before I do, but I actually found it relieving. I hope early-access, or things like it, defines the 'exclusivity' Destiny deals out and not actual game-content for the future. I'm fine with waiting as long as I get the same game.

PS4 & Destiny

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 21:04 (3818 days ago) @ Leviathan

I hope early-access, or things like it, defines the 'exclusivity' Destiny deals out

I'm fine with that. I should really wait to hear more (maybe next week at the XBO launch) it just seems like for a "beta" whose sole purpose is to test the game why would you limit two of your systems test times. Unless the beta is going to be like a month long, in which your going to have plenty of time anyways. If that's the case then I'm fine with PS Nation getting an extra 5 days or so. We just haven't been given those details... So why am I worried?

I guess I'm not. Just had to talk myself through it! Thanks Levi! lol

PS4 & Destiny

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 21:05 (3818 days ago) @ Leviathan

It sucks others will get a chance at it before I do, but I actually found it relieving. I hope early-access, or things like it, defines the 'exclusivity' Destiny deals out and not actual game-content for the future.

Bungie already said a long time ago that Playstation players are getting exclusive game content. So get used to disappointment I guess.

PS4 & Destiny

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 21:13 (3818 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I can't recall what the exact words were or who exactly said them so I'm keeping an open mind to what type of exclusives Sony or Microsoft will receive until they are announced.

PS4 & Destiny

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 21:07 (3818 days ago) @ Leviathan

It sucks others will get a chance at it before I do, but I actually found it relieving. I hope early-access, or things like it, defines the 'exclusivity' Destiny deals out and not actual game-content for the future. I'm fine with waiting as long as I get the same game.

You kidding? All it means is that others will get to be Guinea Pigs first. In fact Its probably so that they can have a few more days of net code testing for the PS3 and Ps4 since they have much less experience with Sonys stuff.

Exclusivity? HA! Weak. Its all marketing...more so then usual. Delicious.

Again - I can't speak enough on how much this pleases me considering anything else would not be Bungies traditional style.

Then again... it doesn't mean they won't change such a style in the future. :/

PS4 & Destiny

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 21:13 (3818 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

You kidding?

... No?

PS4 & Destiny

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 21:15 (3818 days ago) @ Leviathan

You kidding?

... No?

Do you not know? >_> (also a rhetorical question but wa-ev)

PS4 & Destiny

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 21:22 (3818 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

You kidding?

... No?

I often find asking someone if they are joking in a rhetorical way to be insulting. My natural instinct is to deconstruct the conversation as best as I can when that happens, sorry.

PS4 & Destiny

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 21:27 (3818 days ago) @ Leviathan

You kidding?

... No?

I often find asking someone if they are joking in a rhetorical way to be insulting. My natural instinct is to deconstruct the conversation as best as I can when that happens, sorry.

For future reference then - you don't need to worry about that with me. I know you mean no ill intent. :)

D[image]

PS4 & Destiny

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, November 15, 2013, 08:43 (3817 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

There is a good chance that they actually need to control the speed of the beta rollout to ensure their servers can handle the load anyway, so I guess it works out. That way we don't get access to the beta only to not be able to play for a week while they fix servers. :P

Choices, choices.

by ncsuDuncan @, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 21:53 (3818 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I'm buying an Xbox One.

Do I cash in my beta code on my old, decrepit PS3 and get early access?

Or do I wait until the beta is available on Xbox One?

If I reserve the game twice, can I cash in two codes and transfer my beta character across platforms?

Time* will tell.

*or possibly Achronos

Choices, choices.

by thesirchelios ⌂ @, Sweden, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 22:13 (3818 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Well if you cannot transfer beta characters, use it as a chance to try out a different class :) Or get three beta codes and try out all the classes, each on a different system

Choices, choices.

by broony, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 23:54 (3817 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Get two codes.

Do a hunter on ps3, do a warlock on xbone. Wave at titans on both platforms as you take care of business.

Choices, choices.

by ncsuDuncan @, Saturday, November 16, 2013, 09:26 (3816 days ago) @ broony

Get two codes.

Do a hunter on ps3, do a warlock on xbone. Wave at titans on both platforms as you take care of business.

Not a bad idea! I'll play as a Titan in Respawn's game. ;)

PS4 & Destiny

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 22:27 (3818 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

For some reason that Vex death animation was my favorite part of the trailer.

[image]

PS4 & Destiny

by Mr Danger, Scotland, Friday, November 15, 2013, 01:55 (3817 days ago) @ Xenos

For some reason that Vex death animation was my favorite part of the trailer.

The first thing I thought when I saw their innards was of the androids blood in the Alien films.

Who knowa maybe one day we will see more advanced vex from further forward(or back or whatever) in time that are more human like to trick us terminator style.

PS4 & Destiny

by Durandal, Friday, November 15, 2013, 06:25 (3817 days ago) @ Mr Danger

The Vex are quite, liquidey, aren't they?

PS4 & Destiny

by urk, Friday, November 15, 2013, 09:05 (3817 days ago) @ Durandal

Got him right in the juice box!

PS4 & Destiny

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Friday, November 15, 2013, 09:43 (3817 days ago) @ urk

Got him right in the juice box!

I hope this is an in-game quip Sgt. Johnson says... er. Sgt. Guardian says.

PS4 & Destiny

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Friday, November 15, 2013, 07:21 (3817 days ago) @ Mr Danger

that is probably the creepiest thing I've imagined all day. Like a 90% correct looking human, with a smeared face or extra arm.

Time can change me

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Friday, November 15, 2013, 07:24 (3817 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

So, I don't mind the exclusive stuff in terms of content, I can out wait that. But the idea that I could be playing the beta and am not currently digs at my soul.

So, though I think it's bullshit to make it a time related thing, I may need to look for a PS3. I finally have an excuse to pull the trigger on it.

Time can change me

by yakaman, Friday, November 15, 2013, 09:10 (3817 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

So, I don't mind the exclusive stuff in terms of content, I can out wait that. But the idea that I could be playing the beta and am not currently digs at my soul.

It's more than mildly annoying to me, though I am loathe to admit it. I can't help but feel left behind a bit by Bungie. I've been an extremely loyal fan for over 10 years and (not coincidentally) lean XBox and XBox One.

I feel a bit like a 2nd class citizen, like Bungie prefers the other gamer with the Playstation. One might draw the conclusion that since their primary intent is to serve Playstation first, XBox customers will be a secondary concern.

If there is an incentive to provide early access and content exclusives, why wouldn't there be incentive to prioritize functionality and service?

Likely not their intent, but still, it's leaving a funny taste in my mouth. It's getting harder to suppress my disappointment.

Time can change me

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Friday, November 15, 2013, 09:48 (3817 days ago) @ yakaman

It's more than mildly annoying to me, though I am loathe to admit it. I can't help but feel left behind a bit by Bungie. I've been an extremely loyal fan for over 10 years and (not coincidentally) lean XBox and XBox One.

I feel a bit like a 2nd class citizen, like Bungie prefers the other gamer with the Playstation. One might draw the conclusion that since their primary intent is to serve Playstation first, XBox customers will be a secondary concern.

If there is an incentive to provide early access and content exclusives, why wouldn't there be incentive to prioritize functionality and service?

Likely not their intent, but still, it's leaving a funny taste in my mouth. It's getting harder to suppress my disappointment.

I suppose it's different for me since I don't care when I play a game as long as I actually get to play it (and I'll likely be doing so with Destiny on a 360), but to me, nothing they've revealed for Sony so far seems like too big of a deal.

Having been a decade exclusive to Microsoft, I can totally understand trying to throw a few friendly gestures at Playstation-only gamers who never gave much thought to Halo or to Bungie at all since ONI. That's a pretty big gap to bridge.

Time can change me

by yakaman, Friday, November 15, 2013, 14:38 (3817 days ago) @ Leviathan

I suppose it's different for me since I don't care when I play a game as long as I actually get to play it (and I'll likely be doing so with Destiny on a 360), but to me, nothing they've revealed for Sony so far seems like too big of a deal.

Having been a decade exclusive to Microsoft, I can totally understand trying to throw a few friendly gestures at Playstation-only gamers who never gave much thought to Halo or to Bungie at all since ONI. That's a pretty big gap to bridge.

The beta is a big deal. I don't care much about different skins, or equipment to start, or even some content. The beta is a very significant, more so than would seem necessary.

I understand the reaching out to Sony people...absolutely. Bungie presents at their show, packages a few exclusives, prefaces their advertisements with the PS logo, whatever. However...gamers as a lot are very interested in being first; brand-new, cutting edge experiences are precious and extremely valuable. Especially so considering this is the first new Bungie IP in 10+ years. Making the beta a timed-exclusive is pretty serious in my opinion.

I know some here have talked about finding an old PS3 for the beta, or perhaps tilting PS4 for the beta. For me, who will absolutely be getting an XBox One...it has a very adverse effect. It makes me mad to be sent to the back of the line, even though all I've ever wanted to do is buy and play their games. I'm...what, just a casualty in the larger console war or something. Does that make me a pawn? Fodder?

Let me try to clarify my thoughts: Bungie is an extremely well-known and successful AAA game developer. They needed to reach out to their new potential customers on Playstations, and have done so in high profile presentations at E3 and subsequent events. I don't think it is likely that PS owners will be unaware of Bungie and their product at release. I expect as a game developer, Bungie should simply want to sell as many games as possible, regardless of platform. Some exclusivity for the purposes of courting new customers is understandable; the beta exclusivity suggests to me a bias. A bias suggests (potentially) differences in function and service.

Am I stretching? Maybe, we'll see. But this is how I feel in the moment.

Time can change me

by broony, Saturday, November 16, 2013, 12:54 (3816 days ago) @ yakaman

Its like 1999 all over again. You could replace Xbox and playstation for pc and mac. Bungie betrayal pt2.

Personally I am an Xbox user of 11 years waiting for the ps4 launch here in the uk with hype set to max. Going to do the beta on ps4 and 360. Will be fun to see some of the differences.

Time can change me

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Sunday, November 17, 2013, 16:54 (3815 days ago) @ yakaman

Can't say I don't understand where you're coming from. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed to some degree. As Paddy said earlier, I've missed out on PS3 exclusives for so long, this finally gives me a reason to pull the trigger on a used PS3. So one can only complain so much. I'll still be able to play it on my console of choice in the end. I'm just hoping the gap between PSN and XBL players entering the beta is limited to a week or two.

From a technical perspective, it's the first time a Bungie game has been made available on PSN. There may be logistical and engineering considerations that we can't see from armchair distances.

~m

Indeed.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, November 15, 2013, 10:38 (3817 days ago) @ yakaman

In the grand scheme of things it won't matter much. But in the short term, as the Beta fires up, it will be me, the decade+ long loyal Bungie fan who gets to sit on the sideline and watch. :/ Surely it's just politics and publishers and money changing hands and crap, but it's still crap. Most timed exclusives are.

Time can change me

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, November 15, 2013, 11:12 (3817 days ago) @ yakaman

Imagine how you would feel if Bungie was the darling developer for your favorite platform, and then announced they were moving to be an exclusive on a platform that didn't exist yet, and could not say that they would ever support your platform of choice again.

Party like it's 2000!

It's hard for me to get too upset.

The main reason why I'm thinking of the PS3 is because I think they'll be really cheap, there are some games I want to play, I need a blu-ray player, and I was thinking it'd be neat to try the beta on two platforms.

I also know myself. When the Halo 3 beta came out, I didn't have a 360. I was so sad and pathetic that a friend (who wasn't a big Halo fan) loaned me his for a week. I might not be that sad having to wait for the beta instead of being shut out completely, but I can be pretty irrational about Bungie. I admit it.

Time can change me

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, November 15, 2013, 11:34 (3817 days ago) @ Kermit

Imagine how you would feel if Bungie was the darling developer for your favorite platform, and then announced they were moving to be an exclusive on a platform that didn't exist yet, and could not say that they would ever support your platform of choice again.

That doesn't take much imagination :) There was a reason I didn't have Halo at launch. Though I've realized life is too short to have my feelings short over things that aren't a big deal.

Well Played.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, November 15, 2013, 13:35 (3817 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

*slow clap*

by LostSpartan, Friday, November 15, 2013, 18:57 (3817 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Glad someone said it…

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, November 16, 2013, 02:03 (3816 days ago) @ Kermit

…because I've been thinking it all through this thread. :) The current situation is completely different but there is certainly that vibe of yesteryear.

Separate from load-ramping techniques or PlayStation system analysis concerns, I can think of a very quick fix for the 'abandoning our strongest supporters' problem: Let Bungie.net users with 6+ years have early access, independent of their platform of choice. Done.

I don't plan on picking up a PS4 until the Destiny-specific hardware ships (assuming that's still a thing), so does that make me less of a fan than those who buy PS4s now? I don't know, it's just sort of weird.

I can guarantee one thing, though: I will not sully my first experience with Destiny on those damn DualShock 3 controllers. Not worth it. I'd rather wait for the Xbox version than play on my PS3.

Glad someone said it…

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, November 16, 2013, 09:06 (3816 days ago) @ Beorn

I can guarantee one thing, though: I will not sully my first experience with Destiny on those damn DualShock 3 controllers. Not worth it. I'd rather wait for the Xbox version than play on my PS3.

I'm glad you brought that up. I tend to forget just how much I hate the PS3 controller. Anyone here have experience with adapters?

Anyone have one of these?

Glad someone said it…

by scarab @, Saturday, November 16, 2013, 23:23 (3816 days ago) @ Kermit

you may be out of luck

FAQ

Controllers Bluetooth / USB YES Only Sony Computer Entertainment products and officially licensed products will be compatible with PS4.

I'm not asking about the PS4.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, November 17, 2013, 08:39 (3815 days ago) @ scarab

I think the PS4 controller is better.

I'm asking about the PS3.

Glad someone said it…

by ncsuDuncan @, Saturday, November 16, 2013, 09:38 (3816 days ago) @ Beorn

This.

Not to mention the fact that I have a whopping two friends on PSN, and any new ones I add at this point will most likely be playing on PS4.

Not the end of the world though. I'm sure there will still be a handful of PS3 players on DBO. :)

Glad someone said it…

by broony, Saturday, November 16, 2013, 12:56 (3816 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

There will be plenty of ps4 streamers on twitch.

Glad someone said it…

by RC ⌂, UK, Saturday, November 16, 2013, 18:15 (3816 days ago) @ Beorn

Separate from load-ramping techniques or PlayStation system analysis concerns, I can think of a very quick fix for the 'abandoning our strongest supporters' problem: Let Bungie.net users with 6+ years have early access, independent of their platform of choice. Done.

I like it.

But just six years? '04 or bust.

/b.net joke.

They could graduate it based on tenure so the 5 year old accounts don't feel so left out.

Glad someone said it…

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Sunday, November 17, 2013, 16:58 (3815 days ago) @ RC

I like it.

/b.net joke.

They could graduate it based on tenure so the 5 year old accounts don't feel so left out.

I've had to recreate my account more than once since Myth II. Guess I'm screwed. :P

~m

Glad someone said it…

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, November 17, 2013, 21:53 (3815 days ago) @ RC

I like it.

'94 or bust.

Who here rocks it Marathon old school?

everything will be ok

by marmot 1333 @, Monday, November 18, 2013, 08:38 (3814 days ago) @ Beorn

A few things:

- I haven't been on bungie.net as long as you. Why should I get penalized for that? Years on b.net--any value--is a completely arbitrary metric.

- From an engineering standpoint, rolling out the demo with a focus on two systems (PS3/4) at a time is much easier than focusing on four systems at the same time. Easier & faster to handle & respond to any potential problems, spread the workload, capture and analyze data.

- Allowing an incredibly small subset of players access to the demo from another system would take way more work than it would be worth--remember, they're not actually making money off the demo, probably losing some overall. Granted, they'll hopefully get some good data and experience out of it, but the beta is effectively f2p.

- Anyone here try to play GTA Online when it first came out? It wouldn't work at all for me for the first 1-2 weeks. Not saying I want that to happen to the PS players, but if it does... well, as they say, thanks for beta testing the beta for me.

- Finally, and this isn't what people want to hear, but if you really want first access to the beta, you could just get a PS3/4. Not everyone has money or wants to buy them, but the option is there.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread