Anyone here tried Splitgate? (Gaming)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Saturday, August 21, 2021, 20:16 (978 days ago)

It's like the multiplayer mode from Halo, but with the Portals from "Portal".

That's the whole gimmick. I find myself enjoying it a lot. TTK is a tad low and there's no vehicles, but other than that it's great.

Let me know if you're interested in partying up and playing a few rounds, NZ is back in lockdown and I'm stuck in my house. It's F2P, on all platforms and has cross-play.

Anyone here tried Splitgate?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, August 21, 2021, 22:20 (978 days ago) @ CyberKN

Why would you need a vehicle if you have a portal gun

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Sunday, August 22, 2021, 11:55 (977 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Why would you need a vehicle if you have a portal gun

Man, taking a warthog through a portal and splattering the other team?

SOUNDS AWESOME!

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Sunday, August 22, 2021, 17:48 (977 days ago) @ CyberKN

That's the whole gimmick. I find myself enjoying it a lot. TTK is a tad low and there's no vehicles, but other than that it's great.

Let me know if you're interested in partying up and playing a few rounds, NZ is back in lockdown and I'm stuck in my house. It's F2P, on all platforms and has cross-play.

Yep. Been playing it a lot. It's really fun but the immediate burn out rate is pretty quick for me. But it feels really good, the "ping" sounds you get on headshots is so satisfying.

It's very easy to play, the portal mechanic is only as tricky as you make it.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, August 22, 2021, 23:09 (977 days ago) @ CyberKN

It's pretty fun alright. I feel like it was made for people like me:

[image]

No joke, that was literally my first game. I got an "Absolute Madlad" medal!
That said, it's pretty barebones, and right now I've seen all that I feel like it has to offer. I'm excited for the possibilities once they flesh it out, though!

I love how they've embraced the model of "where we're going we don't need art direction!" They're doing wacky skins and characters right out the gate. It's pretty neat.

My household is enjoying it

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 13:53 (975 days ago) @ CyberKN

You should ping crazymoose117 - the youngest of the Oholiab clan. He’s playing it the most and has more time than the rest of us (:

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread