Last minute recruitment post 4 my "virgin" DSC run tomorrow! (Recruitment)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Saturday, October 30, 2021, 01:21 (901 days ago)

I don't know anything about this raid! At all!

Excited to learn how the encounters work from people!

I've seen some of the guns you get from it, and they look real sci-fi!

Still need two more for a full fireteam!

[image]

Last minute recruitment post

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, October 30, 2021, 10:19 (900 days ago) @ CyberKN

We do have two possible (making for the needed 6). I presume the reason you haven't changed it is either because no alternative times were proposed or because your New Zealand built Time-Machine makes kerjiggering timeslots more difficult then is true for we mere "past peasants", Yes?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Saturday, October 30, 2021, 11:29 (900 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

We do have two possible (making for the needed 6). I presume the reason you haven't changed it is either because no alternative times were proposed or because your New Zealand built Time-Machine makes kerjiggering timeslots more difficult then is true for we mere "past peasants", Yes?

The former. I get that maybe my initial posted time isn’t the most perfect, but I’m not sure what to do when people just respond with “that doesn’t work for me.”

Ok, what do you want from me? Randomly shuffle the scheduled time back and forth periodically until the “tentative” flag next to your name suddenly disappears?

</gripe>

Living in New Zealand just means I can’t play with people most of “Sunday” in North America, since it’s Monday for me and I’m at work. On my weekdays I get home around 4:30 pm NZT, and feel free to covert that into your local time zone, but it’s normally too late for most folk in NA. It actually fluctuates because of how daylight savings works in the opposite direction down here.

Thus, Friday and Saturday in NA are the free-est days to play with others, since I have virtually zero commitments on weekends. Any time on these days will work.

If we have to reschedule today’s raid for the distant future, I’m cool with that. Finding a time when 6 people are all available has never not been kinda tricky with Destiny.

by squidnh3, Saturday, October 30, 2021, 11:42 (900 days ago) @ CyberKN

Ok, what do you want from me? Randomly shuffle the scheduled time back and forth periodically until the “tentative” flag next to your name suddenly disappears?

</gripe>

Sorry! It's heartening to see people posting FTB events, so I've been trying to make sure to seem like there are people out there willing to join, even if I really can't make it work. Unfortunately this is a busy weekend for me, but the idea of a DSC run sounds great.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, October 30, 2021, 13:08 (900 days ago) @ CyberKN

The former. I get that maybe my initial posted time isn’t the most perfect, but I’m not sure what to do when people just respond with “that doesn’t work for me.”

</gripe>

Been there. Growing pains aside, I suggest giving an idea on how absolute the time frame you can do is. I've found sometimes that can help with the syncing of watches.

Living in New Zealand just means I can’t play with people most of “Sunday” in North America, since it’s Monday for me and I’m at work. On my weekdays I get home around 4:30 pm NZT, ...

[image]
(Since most of us are 'Murcans, this here above is the most likely range of what that looks like.)

...and feel free to covert that into your local time zone, but it’s normally too late for most folk in NA. It actually fluctuates because of how daylight savings works in the opposite direction down here.

Thus, Friday and Saturday in NA are the free-est days to play with others, since I have virtually zero commitments on weekends. Any time on these days will work.

Based on this, it looks to me that for you 10 AM Saturday would start syncing up with folks coming home form work Friday evening EST (5PM EST/2PM PST). Your best odds would probably start around 1 PM (8PM EST/5PM PST) and gradually decrease down to 5PM New Zealand Time (12AM EST/9PM PST), as for the full range of folks between EST and PST it's quite late to start a raid type event.

You could probably have figured this on your own, but... eh. You're welcome anyway. ^_^

If we have to reschedule today’s raid for the distant future, I’m cool with that. Finding a time when 6 people are all available has never not been kinda tricky with Destiny.

Should such occur, I would be willing to play a Dungeon as well FYI, though then that means one person would have to opt out of the festivity unfortunately.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Saturday, October 30, 2021, 16:18 (900 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Should such occur, I would be willing to play a Dungeon as well FYI, though then that means one person would have to opt out of the festivity unfortunately.

This might be the play. I appreciate your input, regardless.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, October 30, 2021, 16:27 (900 days ago) @ CyberKN

Maybe we’re overthinking it. From what I can tell from talking to people this week, this weekend is busy partly because of holiday commitments. We still may fill out the team once we get online.

My experience with online events is that they can be harder to recruit for than you expect, and that they often come together when you’re about to give up

Just recruited another. :)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, October 30, 2021, 16:45 (900 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread