Oof (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 08:47 (800 days ago)

Taking a 3 month hiatus and then wanting to knock out the Dares Of Eternity rewards before witch queen drops was maybe a bad idea...

Either way, it's behind me now.

I am so, so sorry.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 09:52 (800 days ago) @ kidtsunami

That's the kind of thing that needs most of a season to be done without hating yourself. :(

Really though

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 10:00 (800 days ago) @ Claude Errera

That's the kind of thing that needs most of a season to be done without hating yourself. :(

Would have seriously been a nothing burger if I was casually playing during that time. Now I just gotta get a 225,000 score...

Really though

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 10:03 (800 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Would have seriously been a nothing burger if I was casually playing during that time. Now I just gotta get a 225,000 score...

Some time this week, we'll get 4 people together, do a Legendary run. Piece of cake.

Awesome!

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 11:09 (800 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Some time this week, we'll get 4 people together, do a Legendary run. Piece of cake.

Awesome, I've got an event up on the FTB and I just generally am going to try to be on every night aside from tonight and Sunday night (Destiny's down monday right?).

Awesome!

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 11:20 (800 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Awesome, I've got an event up on the FTB and I just generally am going to try to be on every night aside from tonight and Sunday night (Destiny's down monday right?).

Can't do the Thursday night time (I'm booked from 5 to about 8 on Thursdays)... but I'm down for finding other times of overlap, if you don't get a 4-stack.

If you haven't done the Legendary run before, the Party Lead can see the order of enemies from the launch screen (guaranteeing the entire team Starhorse Favor in the third round). Make sure you check. :)

I am so, so sorry.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 10:32 (800 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Not to make this another bitching thread, but this is exactly the sort of thing Bungie really needs to evaluate. I don’t know how they fix it, but basing stuff like this around just running a single activity feels bad. I’d like to have that ship, but I don’t hate myself enough to want to get to rank 16 or whatever in Dares of Eternity.

I just wish some the way they designed the game was more inclusive and cohesive, instead of having multiple partitioned activities with their own reward tracks.

At a certain point, I know the game just isn’t designed for me ( or anyone who wants to play other games occasionally), and that can be okay. I just wish there was a middle ground somewhere.

The thing I'm hung up on

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 11:07 (800 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Not to make this another bitching thread, but this is exactly the sort of thing Bungie really needs to evaluate. I don’t know how they fix it, but basing stuff like this around just running a single activity feels bad. I’d like to have that ship, but I don’t hate myself enough to want to get to rank 16 or whatever in Dares of Eternity.

I just wish some the way they designed the game was more inclusive and cohesive, instead of having multiple partitioned activities with their own reward tracks.

At a certain point, I know the game just isn’t designed for me ( or anyone who wants to play other games occasionally), and that can be okay. I just wish there was a middle ground somewhere.

And I haven't really thought about it until this. Is reputation streaks. It really killed my motivation to play literally ANY other activity because I just wanted to knock this out.

For example, without the streak I get 75 a run, with a full streak I get 175 a run. By choosing to do the exorcism mission, I was arguably adding a run or two to how many I needed...

I'm fine having something to chase, to chip away at over time, but get rid of reputation streaks, they either add nothing because I don't notice them, or they become a downer because I'm min/maxing.

The thing I'm hung up on

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 17:43 (800 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I didn’t play enough to even account for the streaks. Bungie unlearns everything every couple of years. Didn’t we already have this issue in year one or something?

Just so we are all on the same page...

by squidnh3, Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 10:37 (800 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Dares of Eternity isn't being vaulted. Pretty sure the only things you needed to finish by the end of this season are the things required for the 2021 Moments of Triumph.

Just so we are all on the same page...

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 11:08 (800 days ago) @ squidnh3

Dares of Eternity isn't being vaulted. Pretty sure the only things you needed to finish by the end of this season are the things required for the 2021 Moments of Triumph.

Yeah, but I didn't want "chip away at Dares of eternity" on my list of things to do after Witch Queen drops.

Gravitational Pull of Destiny is strong

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 11:08 (800 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I took a break over the holidays to play Witcher 3 for the first time (fantastic game), and I'm just now coming back to Destiny. I got my Gjallarhorn, but I don't think I can justify doing anything else to work on moments of triumph or really any of the new activities. It just doesn't sound/feel fun.

That being said, the trailer and the new stuff in the pipeline looks pretty fun so I'll be jumping back in. I just need to spend more time away periodically.

Gravitational Pull of Destiny is strong

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 11:10 (800 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I took a break over the holidays to play Witcher 3 for the first time (fantastic game), and I'm just now coming back to Destiny. I got my Gjallarhorn, but I don't think I can justify doing anything else to work on moment of triumph or really any of the new activities. It just doesn't sound/feel fun.

That being said, the trailer and the new stuff in the pipeline looks pretty fun so I'll be jumping back in. I just need to spend more time away periodically.

Yeah everything else about 30th anniversary has been awesome and fun, even a lot of Dares of Eternity (I was STILL laughing at some of the lines in my final round).

And damn Witch Queen is looking sooooooo good.

"You cannot escape... destiny." - Some Darth Guy.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 11:12 (800 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

Second Oof

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Saturday, February 19, 2022, 09:49 (797 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Taking a 3 month hiatus and then wanting to knock out the Dares Of Eternity rewards before witch queen drops was maybe a bad idea...

Either way, it's behind me now.

I'm totally eyeing a grasp of avarice solo run.

I just want a pirate ship Emblem

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, February 19, 2022, 10:16 (797 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Me too. And I have done a couple of attempts just to see how it goes and all the videos talking about how easy it is and how anyone can do it does not match my experience and makes me feel bad.

looks at profile pic, "checks out"

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Saturday, February 19, 2022, 14:02 (797 days ago) @ Vortech

Me too. And I have done a couple of attempts just to see how it goes and all the videos talking about how easy it is and how anyone can do it does not match my experience and makes me feel bad.

I did Prophecy solo flawless on one of my first proper attempts (a couple practice runs checking out the encounters, set aside time to do a solo flawed and it just ended up flawless through dumb luck), I'll let you know how it goes...

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread