Full Patch Notes, Destiny 4.0.0.1 (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, February 22, 2022, 09:28 (806 days ago)

Oof, more Shadowshot nerfs

by squidnh3, Tuesday, February 22, 2022, 09:56 (806 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Can tether not kill a guardian on a direct hit now? Glad I had one last hurrah with Nightstalker last night.

On the other hand...

by squidnh3, Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 05:47 (805 days ago) @ squidnh3

Wow, the new Nightstalker abilities seem pretty darn good in PvE. Having a lot of fun with some elemental well builds in the Legendary campaign.

Mind sharing?

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 05:55 (805 days ago) @ squidnh3

Wow, the new Nightstalker abilities seem pretty darn good in PvE. Having a lot of fun with some elemental well builds in the Legendary campaign.

This is the first time I'm trying to spec out a well build and I'm a bit lost.

Mind sharing?

by squidnh3, Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 06:05 (805 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Right now the 5 combat mods I'm using are:
Reaping Wellmaker (void wells on kills after class ability use)
Well of Tenacity (picking up a void well reduces damage to you by 50%)
Elemental Charge (picking up a well matching subclass grants +2 charged with light)
High Energy Fire (25% buff to outgoing damage while charged with light)
Elemental Ordnance (grenade kills spawn a well that matches subclass)

I'm also using the Dragon's Shadow exotic with the Quickfall aspect and Gambler's Dodge for constant dodging and invisibility and weakening of enemies.

Mind sharing?

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, February 24, 2022, 06:19 (804 days ago) @ squidnh3

Right now the 5 combat mods I'm using are:
Reaping Wellmaker (void wells on kills after class ability use)
Well of Tenacity (picking up a void well reduces damage to you by 50%)
Elemental Charge (picking up a well matching subclass grants +2 charged with light)
High Energy Fire (25% buff to outgoing damage while charged with light)
Elemental Ordnance (grenade kills spawn a well that matches subclass)

I'm also using the Dragon's Shadow exotic with the Quickfall aspect and Gambler's Dodge for constant dodging and invisibility and weakening of enemies.

I run a hybrid mod build like this with Elemental Charge and High Energy Fire, but I use Font of Might and Font of Wisdom. I end up with increased ability and super regen most of the time, and stacking Font of Might and High Energy Fire is mainly because I'll swap to a high DPS weapon like shotgun/fusion/rocket to expend my Charge of Light, but I can still swap back to my primary and enjoy Font of Might's damage buff on my primary.

Well of Tenacity is a very solid choice.

And don't forget the essential difference between Elemental Armaments and Ordnance is that a grenade kill spawns a well 100% of the time, while Armaments only gives an escalating chance at spawning a well. There's plenty to be said for either, but if you run an elemental primary, I feel like that gets you a lot more chances at spawning a well even though it isn't 100% of the time, because you have to be regenning grenades at a serious pace if you want to keep your Well perks proc'ed all the time.

Edit: My Graviton Forfeit is stuck to my head, since I can spec Void Hunter to grant invis/truesight on ability kills. I've been pairing that a lot with Rat King (shocker) for obvious reasons, but with how handy the Glaive has turned out to be, I'm often carrying one or the other, with a long range primary.

~Mal

Mind sharing?

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, February 24, 2022, 06:30 (804 days ago) @ Malagate

I need better armor. I’m using Powerful Friends and Radiant Light just because of the stat buffs they provide, so that’s two of mod slots automatically used. I run Well of Tenacity because it’s the most reliable well-maker when I can dodge ever twelve seconds or so to get a Well.

Mind sharing?

by squidnh3, Thursday, February 24, 2022, 06:44 (804 days ago) @ Malagate

And don't forget the essential difference between Elemental Armaments and Ordnance is that a grenade kill spawns a well 100% of the time, while Armaments only gives an escalating chance at spawning a well. There's plenty to be said for either, but if you run an elemental primary, I feel like that gets you a lot more chances at spawning a well even though it isn't 100% of the time, because you have to be regenning grenades at a serious pace if you want to keep your Well perks proc'ed all the time.

I've been running Trinity Ghoul as my elemental primary, so that's why I went with Ordnance. Maybe I should try switching to Le Monarque, but the ad-clear with Ghoul is just so incredible (and of course it's nice to have another element for shield popping). I'm also running my Timelost Corrective Measure with Demolitionist, so that helps get those grenades back.

Edit: My Graviton Forfeit is stuck to my head, since I can spec Void Hunter to grant invis/truesight on ability kills. I've been pairing that a lot with Rat King (shocker) for obvious reasons, but with how handy the Glaive has turned out to be, I'm often carrying one or the other, with a long range primary.

I tried messing around with a Glave last night and I'm not sure I get it yet. The mechanics didn't seem intuitive to me.

Mind sharing?

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, February 24, 2022, 07:18 (804 days ago) @ squidnh3

I've been running Trinity Ghoul as my elemental primary, so that's why I went with Ordnance. Maybe I should try switching to Le Monarque, but the ad-clear with Ghoul is just so incredible (and of course it's nice to have another element for shield popping). I'm also running my Timelost Corrective Measure with Demolitionist, so that helps get those grenades back.

Yeah, TG is my staple primary on my Geomag Warlock. I will likely change to Le Monarque for my primary on the Hunter as soon as there's a catalyst available. All of the elemental-focused exotic bows are becoming staples for ad-clear/well creation for me.

I tried messing around with a Glave last night and I'm not sure I get it yet. The mechanics didn't seem intuitive to me.

Get close and go to town on bad guys, especially with the new perk that reduces their damage output after about three hits. Stack on the range-increasing perks, and the thing is practically a short/medium range grenade launcher. Frankly, I find it overpowered at the moment, I'm sure that ranged damage will be reduced a bit in a future patch.

Mind sharing?

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, February 24, 2022, 09:34 (804 days ago) @ Malagate

They’re going to have to fix the button mapping for glaive before I use one, unfortunately.

Mind sharing?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Sunday, February 27, 2022, 15:29 (801 days ago) @ cheapLEY

You can do extensive button re-maping on your own in D2 now. I didn't know how extensive until I looked last month. What is is you're looking for?

Mind sharing?

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, February 27, 2022, 16:01 (801 days ago) @ Vortech

I know, that’s what causes the issue.

The Glaive melee is mapped to the Uncharged Melee command. I have that set to B, so that I can choose between an actual melee and throwing a Smoke Grenade. However, it feels like crap to have to use B instead of the right bumper to melee with the Glaive. Swapping the buttons for charged and uncharged melee doesn’t work, either, because then I can’t properly aim where I’m throwing Smoke Grenades.

Charged & Uncharged Melee

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, February 28, 2022, 07:37 (800 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I know, that’s what causes the issue.

The Glaive melee is mapped to the Uncharged Melee command. I have that set to B, so that I can choose between an actual melee and throwing a Smoke Grenade. However, it feels like crap to have to use B instead of the right bumper to melee with the Glaive. Swapping the buttons for charged and uncharged melee doesn’t work, either, because then I can’t properly aim where I’m throwing Smoke Grenades.

Jumping in here. With this post, I'm now returning in full circle. I was going to keep this for the big ol' post of thoughts, but it's too good to keep. I think I finally cracked it. I figured out the controller scheme. And yeah, I've gotta long story about how I got there, but here is the short version (if only because I'm so hyped that I think I've solved this).

After trying to smoke bomb, and ending up knifing against "an in-your-face crowd", I once again decided to give this "separated melee scheme" a go. And like each other time I found an issue in each and every combo, be it causing command hiccups or being unusable between the different styles of melee. Often where one command style might work on one melee style variant (such as throwable), it would often be basically unusable with another (charged). Or at least it would feel awful to use.

And then it occurred to me, the only reason we're even playing around with the controls is because sometimes Automatic Melee doesn't understand the difference in our command needs. Therefore, we don't need two different controls, what we need is a command override.

It's only been a few days, and there could be some freek'n hiccup SOMEwhere that I've not yet observed, but I don't think (unless we get more buttons with separated commands) it's going to get any closer then this.

TL;DR;

Automatic Melee - Whatever preferred button of your choice.
Charged Melee - "Aim Command" + the same as Automatic Melee. (Combo of two buttons pressed.)

And... that's it! Uncharged Melee isn't even filled in.

You just use your melee as you have before this whole scheme was broken apart. Up close - melee, far away - power melee. One button. But in those cases where "GET OUT OF MY FACE" needs a little emphasis, instead of firing your gun down sight, you fire your (throwable) melee.

boom.

[image]

DID THIS MAN JUST SOLVE IT?! I THINK 'e might'uv! YEA!

Isn't that just good! It's so SIMPLE (naturally)! :D I'M GON' CRAZY OVER HERE!!!! XDDDD

(Let me know if this works for y'all too.)

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, February 28, 2022, 14:01 (800 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Might solve it for you, but having the game throw something because the target backpedals or because I'm barely at range and the cool down expired just before the button is something I don't want, so having Auto be the default is what I'm trying to avoid. Being able to use ranged melee up close is a nice bonus benefit.

My current layout is melee on the right thumbstick click (Green thumb, bawbee) and hold right bumper for finisher, double click right bumper for charged melee.

Using a key combo is an interesting strategy. I might try that if I wind up deciding my new layout (changed it yesterday) does not work. but, since my melee is on the aiming stick I like having it separate from my melee when charged melee is ranged like shield or hammers or such.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, February 28, 2022, 14:23 (800 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Has anyone ever told you that you’re a genius? RB for uncharged melee and Left Trigger+RB for smoke grenade is working pretty well for me.

Yes & You're welcome. ^_^

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, February 28, 2022, 20:07 (799 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Still getting used to finishers, but you've changed my life

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, March 01, 2022, 12:29 (799 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Ok, I think I'm used to it by now

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, March 03, 2022, 12:48 (797 days ago) @ ZackDark

Double-tapping RB to throw the Titan shield or to Hadouken the crap out of something feels straight-up awesome. It's like the second tap makes stuff go harder.

Ok, I think I'm used to it by now

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, March 03, 2022, 12:55 (797 days ago) @ ZackDark

I couldn’t get a double tap to work reliably.

giving this a try tonight

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, March 01, 2022, 16:31 (799 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Dude I didn't even know Destiny 3 was out yet.

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Tuesday, February 22, 2022, 16:17 (806 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

D3stiny

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, February 22, 2022, 17:07 (806 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread