If you didn't have a reason to use Braytech... (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, March 02, 2022, 00:45 (787 days ago)

...well, you're missing out, but now you're missing out even MORE.

One of the most annoying parts of the new currency is that Bungie hasn't figured out how to add them into the UI. Want to know how much Ruinous Element you have right now, in-game? Yeah, well, you're only option is to find a shaped gun, or a deep resonance gun (guns that can be extracted), and mouse over the perks. Oh, the gun you looked at has Mutable and Energetic? Keep looking - try another gun. Bleh.

DIM makes this considerably less painful, because it shows the values for EVERY gun, not just shaped/extractable ones. But it's still damned annoying - wait, did I start with Energetic or Adroit? Which one do I have 178 of, and which one do I have 250 of? DAMMIT

So I happened to open my Character page on Braytech... and *angel choir begins playing*

ALL CURRENCIES, AND YOUR LEVELS IN EACH, ARE SHOWN.

All hail Braytech!

[image]

I am happier than ever that I support this app, financially. It rocks.

[Edit - Just noticed that stuff like Qualichor isn't included - not sure that counts as a currency, or maybe it's just that it's a secret one. But still... the list is spectacular.]

If you didn't have a reason to use Braytech...

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, March 02, 2022, 08:13 (786 days ago) @ Claude Errera

What’s the deal with Qualichor? I have some, looks like it’s for a quest, but I have no idea what I did or where it came from.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, March 02, 2022, 11:33 (786 days ago) @ cheapLEY

What’s the deal with Qualichor? I have some, looks like it’s for a quest, but I have no idea what I did or where it came from.

You gotta find the dead scorn (there are 3, one is active every day), then follow the path and kill the big guy at the end.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, March 02, 2022, 11:47 (786 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Huh. I do not remember doing that. I’ve killed plenty of big dudes, I must have ran into him while I was doing deepsights or something.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, March 02, 2022, 12:08 (786 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Huh. I do not remember doing that. I’ve killed plenty of big dudes, I must have ran into him while I was doing deepsights or something.

Sorry - that's what you DO with the stuff. That's not how you get your first dose.

You probably fought (and killed) that trio of Hive super users that show up in patrol occasionally. The chest that spawns drops your first dose. (or at least that's how I got it)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, March 02, 2022, 12:38 (786 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Oh! That I do remember doing! I guess I wasn’t paying enough attention to notice the drops or the quest progression.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Wednesday, March 02, 2022, 18:31 (786 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I’m sorry how do you get this on bray tech? I tried and could not find any screen that looked like this.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, March 02, 2022, 18:50 (786 days ago) @ CougRon

Must only be on the desktop version. I don’t see it on the app anywhere.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, March 02, 2022, 20:22 (786 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Must only be on the desktop version. I don’t see it on the app anywhere.

Exactly - I thought I'd added that as an edit. I might have done that somewhere else, though. Sorry.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, March 03, 2022, 13:23 (785 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I’m using a website. There’s an app?

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, March 03, 2022, 15:49 (785 days ago) @ CougRon

I checked the app and it was exactly the same as the browser version. At least on my iPad.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, March 03, 2022, 16:24 (785 days ago) @ CougRon

Ahha! Figured it out. The feature only shows up if your screen/browser size is big enough. It is on the right side of the item icons. I found it when I opened in my MacBook screen and opened my browser full screen. My iPad isn’t big enough.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, March 04, 2022, 09:17 (784 days ago) @ CougRon
edited by Vortech, Friday, March 04, 2022, 09:27

That's still pretty confusing since I thought Claude posted a screenshot from a phone. On the other hand, a large screen has its own legibility problems.

[image]

The UI has always been my biggest problem with Braytech. (This seems to have been fixed, or at least is actively being worked on as refreshing the site made it split this into a sidebar when the screen is wide (but hides it at certain widths))

Well therz ur problem... light mode?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, March 04, 2022, 09:27 (784 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

Well therz ur problem... light mode?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, March 04, 2022, 09:31 (784 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Light mode and spacial Finder, just as God and Bruce Horn intended.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, March 04, 2022, 10:07 (784 days ago) @ Vortech

That's still pretty confusing since I thought Claude posted a screenshot from a phone. On the other hand, a large screen has its own legibility problems.

[image]

The UI has always been my biggest problem with Braytech. (This seems to have been fixed, or at least is actively being worked on as refreshing the site made it split this into a sidebar when the screen is wide (but hides it at certain widths))

This picture confuses me, because it's NOT what I see.

[image]

That's probably what you are seeing after refresh... but I've never had the problem you're mentioning. I just played with screen width on this browser window, and if I get too small, the currency window simply vanishes. i never get it to fill the whole screen.

Apologies - I only took a snippet from the screen to show the Currencies list. I didn't think it would make it look like I grabbed a phone screenshot.

I'm worried you don't have enough enhancement cores.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, March 03, 2022, 10:55 (785 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

I know, right?

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, March 03, 2022, 11:05 (785 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

The real question is...

by squidnh3, Thursday, March 03, 2022, 11:13 (785 days ago) @ Vortech

How is he so low on Legendary Shards and Bright Dust?

The real question is...

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, March 03, 2022, 12:59 (785 days ago) @ squidnh3

How is he so low on Legendary Shards and Bright Dust?

Bright dust is easy - I buy everything that's available.

Legendary shards... I guess it's because I upgrade everything in my vault to max light?

O_O

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, March 04, 2022, 03:51 (785 days ago) @ Claude Errera

1. Wh.. Why? HOW?!

Legendary shards... I guess it's because I upgrade everything in my vault to max light?

2. Please refer to point #1 but add even more gravitas and drama.

O_O

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, March 04, 2022, 08:47 (784 days ago) @ ZackDark

1. Wh.. Why? HOW?!

I've come to understand that Claude is not a casual at all, and is actually quite the hardcore Destiny player.

O_O

by cheapLEY @, Friday, March 04, 2022, 09:08 (784 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Pfft. I bet he didn’t even hit 1500 Season Pass levels last season.

O_O

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, March 04, 2022, 09:25 (784 days ago) @ cheapLEY

1. Wh.. Why? HOW?!

I've come to understand that Claude is not a casual at all, and is actually quite the hardcore Destiny player.

Pfft. I bet he didn’t even hit 1500 Season Pass levels last season.

Fan. Not Fanatic.

By the way, as of this post, Wu is the currently the only person in our clan who has completely maxed out the season pass. He is, at the moment, rank 107.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

O_O

by Claude Errera @, Friday, March 04, 2022, 10:11 (784 days ago) @ ZackDark

1. Wh.. Why? HOW?!

I dunno... because completion? (And because that's what Bright Dust is FOR?)

I misspoke - I no longer buy EVERYTHING. I stopped buying new ghosts and new sparrows - 1, because I don't have enough bright dust, and 2, because I wouldn't ever see them. I only use the Always On Time sparrow, and I already have ghosts set up to do everything ghosts can do.

Because every once in a while, someone says "Hey, let's do X using only Y weapons!" or "wouldn't it be great if we were all using Z armor?" and I hate to be underleveled; I need every advantage I can get.

O_O

by cheapLEY @, Friday, March 04, 2022, 11:17 (784 days ago) @ Claude Errera

and I already have ghosts set up to do everything ghosts can do.

Yeah, but do you ever remember to actually use them?

O_O

by Claude Errera @, Friday, March 04, 2022, 16:15 (784 days ago) @ cheapLEY

and I already have ghosts set up to do everything ghosts can do.

Yeah, but do you ever remember to actually use them?

DIM does. (That is: If I'm going into control, and I tell DIM to equip my 'Pulse Titan PVP General' loadout, I get my Modularity (Crucible) ghost. If I'm going into Trials or Survival, and I put on my Trials variant, I get my Greater Core Harvest (Crucible) shell. I don't have to think about ghosts, just what activity I'm doing, and what gear I want to use.)

O_O

by cheapLEY @, Friday, March 04, 2022, 16:32 (784 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I never did bother setting up loadouts in DIM. Seems useful, and probably like it would have been worth just spending an hour some night doing it, but I never could be bothered to actually spend the time.

O_O

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, March 05, 2022, 00:46 (784 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Now that it can switch around mods load outs seem like a very useful investment of time.

O_O

by bluerunner @, Music City, Saturday, March 05, 2022, 06:53 (784 days ago) @ Vortech

I've found the best thing for replayability for me is experimenting with and saving loadouts. When I find ones I like, I save it. Plus, once they are set up I am not having to suffer through the painfully slow menu on my old Xbox. Just tap it on my phone and go.

Same.

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, March 05, 2022, 08:53 (783 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

It's A Straight Up Godsend.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, March 03, 2022, 16:37 (785 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Triumphs,Catalyst, Updates, Checklists, interactive maps, links, extensive API...

I still use Braytech regularly for my Destiny stuff, and I don't even use Destiny.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread