So I, uh... I wrote some "Witch Queen" thoughts. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, March 23, 2022, 11:45 (736 days ago)

Yeah.

Yeah I did. lol.

[image]

Note, this scale is also counting all the formatting (which isn't yet done but is close). Key number is the word count.

I just wanted to write ONE THING. Little about the story here, little about Void 3.0 there. You know. That sort of thing. But than my big dumb brain went "Oh since I'm writing about this I should talk about this-abnd-so-forth too", so I freek'n feature creeped the scope to be more than it was to be. Far more than I had originally intended. And while probably, maybe possibly not as extensive as past long reads I've ranted and mused up... it's... a solid scroll. Or 2. Or 5. ._. more?

Doing what I can to proof read this sucker is quite a task., but it's at least 90% done, and at some point I'll be dropping it here in some form. Thinking slowly at-some-yet-to be-determined-pace would be best.

And yes it's an INSANEdrive post. Expect to see words which DO this ALL OVER! Plus all forms of multimedia to make your cell phone plan scream, should you dare. Oh yea, and all sorts of creative languages and "sentence enhancers" to burn thy child like eyes. Yes, I'm ranting about vault space at some point, 'cus I mean, when you do a concert you have to sing all the classics right? I also added some poetry, though it's not something I made.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And, that's what I have to say... FOR NOW! Ha ha!

So I, uh... I wrote some "Witch Queen" thoughts.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, March 24, 2022, 04:29 (736 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[image]

So I, uh... I wrote some "Witch Queen" thoughts.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, March 24, 2022, 07:33 (736 days ago) @ ZackDark

[image]

It's the Heart of the Ocean, not the Heart of Darkness!

Yes...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, March 24, 2022, 09:15 (736 days ago) @ ZackDark

[image]

...it has been a long time since I posted something that was of this length.

...reading it will take, approximately depending on your reading speed, an hour and a half to read end to end. Might as well be 84 years on the internet. This time does not include nor consider the different styles of "edits" made, nor the many multimedia forms added to it.

...I have no idea why anyone would want to read all this, but I'm thankful I have a place that puts up with it! :D (Or even allows it. Reddit has a 40,000 character limit. Lame.)

...there is some-sort of "art" I "drew" up. And they are all safe for work. Only one of them is, quite clearly, a MASTERPIECE.

...it has magic powers. Your odds on having sex on a boat in a Original Model-T Ford increases by .0001%!

...there is some momentary Portuguese in the intro. And it's all ZackDarks fault.

;D

Long-form writing

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, March 24, 2022, 13:48 (735 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Yeah.

Yeah I did. lol.

[image]

Note, this scale is also counting all the formatting (which isn't yet done but is close). Key number is the word count.

I just wanted to write ONE THING. Little about the story here, little about Void 3.0 there. You know. That sort of thing. But than my big dumb brain went "Oh since I'm writing about this I should talk about this-abnd-so-forth too", so I freek'n feature creeped the scope to be more than it was to be. Far more than I had originally intended. And while probably, maybe possibly not as extensive as past long reads I've ranted and mused up... it's... a solid scroll. Or 2. Or 5. ._. more?

Doing what I can to proof read this sucker is quite a task., but it's at least 90% done, and at some point I'll be dropping it here in some form. Thinking slowly at-some-yet-to be-determined-pace would be best.

And yes it's an INSANEdrive post. Expect to see words which DO this ALL OVER! Plus all forms of multimedia to make your cell phone plan scream, should you dare. Oh yea, and all sorts of creative languages and "sentence enhancers" to burn thy child like eyes. Yes, I'm ranting about vault space at some point, 'cus I mean, when you do a concert you have to sing all the classics right? I also added some poetry, though it's not something I made.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And, that's what I have to say... FOR NOW! Ha ha!

This is a skill I wish I had; all throughout school, I would struggle to hit the required word-count for essays and reports. I just seem unable to write substance, and flesh out thoughts or facts into something that's actually pleasant to read.

I've got a half-finished review of Horizon 2 sitting in another tab, and I need to quit procrastinating and just wrap it up.

Long-form writing

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, March 24, 2022, 14:35 (735 days ago) @ CyberKN

Before Destiny, me too. I used to be a totally inverse to what I'm able to do now. I'd had have to make some 1000 or 2000 page thing, and I'd be lucky to manage two sentences. Destiny 1 Year 1 changed that.

How?

By being SUCH a disappointment to everything I had known Bungie to be all about. The whole sale choices both in and outside the game seemed so disgustingly inept, I found I was furiously sad, as a fan. And so I just... sat down into my pain, and wrote. AKA ART! And wrote. And wrote. Pouring my heart onto the page. Who, what, where, why why WHY! And that's my MEGA POST. That's where it started. Full stop. Once I realized what I made, I wanted to see if I could do it again. SO I tried doing some more long form things in different ways. Some successful, some... not so much. BUT THAT'S GOOD! Lessons learned. All of it proved to be excellent exercise.

Now I find myself considering writing a Movie Script and a Story Book, on top of everything else I want to do.

Life is weird. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That said, don't get too twisted either. My stuff here is more "ART" then "Professional", so that does tend to pad things a little.

Long-form writing

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, March 24, 2022, 15:35 (735 days ago) @ CyberKN

I've got a half-finished review of Horizon 2 sitting in another tab, and I need to quit procrastinating and just wrap it up.

You should! I’d be interested to hear your thoughts. I’ve been half-assedly writing something about it, too (and Elden Ring).

Long-form writing

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, March 30, 2022, 11:41 (729 days ago) @ CyberKN

This is a skill I wish I had; all throughout school, I would struggle to hit the required word-count for essays and reports

Good professors know word maximums are much better than word minimums.

Long-form writing

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, March 30, 2022, 12:03 (729 days ago) @ Vortech

This is a skill I wish I had; all throughout school, I would struggle to hit the required word-count for essays and reports

Good professors know word maximums are much better than word minimums.

Yeah I always struggled with minimums because because I tended to be really brief and to the point. But that's not what academia wants. They want meaningless sentences like "Context is the frontier of participation research."

Do it like Dickens.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, March 24, 2022, 14:07 (735 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Serialize.

That is what I have in mind.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, March 24, 2022, 14:35 (735 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread