Bungie reportedly working on a mobile FPS with NetEase (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, July 04, 2022, 11:50 (660 days ago)

This according to some LinkedIn sleuthing, apparently. No real confirmation, obviously.

Seems like probably a smart play for them, but I find it personally disappointing. I can't imagine a worse way to play a video game, so this is an automatic miss for me.

Destiny… Immortal

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, July 04, 2022, 13:09 (660 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Cody Miller, Monday, July 04, 2022, 13:14

You guys have phones, right?

You're right, it does seem that at least creatively, mobile is a bad place for an FPS. You have Switch. You have Steam Deck. Both likely more pleasant than playing FPS on a phone touchscreen. The only reason it seems to go mobile is business, not creative sadly.

At the bottom it says they are still hiring to take Destiny into Movies / TV, and Des2ny might continue after the ten years is up.

Destiny… Immortal

by cheapLEY @, Monday, July 04, 2022, 15:06 (660 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Des2ny might continue after the ten years is up.

God, I hope not. We need Destiny 3 pretty badly. I’m hoping The Final Shape is the end of Destiny 2.

Destiny… Immortal

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, July 05, 2022, 13:01 (659 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Des2ny might continue after the ten years is up.

God, I hope not. We need Destiny 3 pretty badly. I’m hoping The Final Shape is the end of Destiny 2.

[image]

rofl... Yer kill'n me over here Cody...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, July 05, 2022, 16:30 (659 days ago) @ Cody Miller

[image]

... I feel personally attacked. ATTACKED, I say!

Aerospace. ?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, July 04, 2022, 14:26 (660 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Don't hurt me like that.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, July 04, 2022, 21:55 (659 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread