So, Um...Anybody Bought That Halo Cookbook? XD (Gaming)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, August 19, 2022, 14:43 (613 days ago)

- No text -

Recipe: Powdered Halo

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, August 21, 2022, 11:17 (611 days ago) @ Morpheus

Unnecessary filler text about how this Recipe reminds me of my beloved family member or some shit, but like OMG no one cares about how you used to frolic in the fields picking fresh Captain Brand Neural Implants, I just want the Recipe! Unnecessary filler text about how this Recipe reminds me of my beloved family member or some shit, but like OMG no one cares about how you used to frolic in the fields picking fresh Captain Brand Neural Implants, I just want the Recipe! Unnecessary filler text about how this Recipe reminds me of my beloved family member or some shit, but like OMG no one cares about how you used to frolic in the fields picking fresh Captain Brand Neural Implants, I just want the Recipe!

Unnecessary filler text about how this Recipe reminds me of my beloved family member or some shit, but like OMG no one cares about how you used to frolic in the fields picking fresh Captain Brand Neural Implants, I just want the Recipe!

Unnecessary filler text about how this Recipe reminds me of my beloved family member or some shit, but like OMG no one cares about how you used to frolic in the fields picking fresh Captain Brand Neural Implants, I just want the Recipe!Unnecessary filler text about how this Recipe reminds me of my beloved family member or some shit, but like OMG no one cares about how you used to frolic in the fields picking fresh Captain Brand Neural Implants, I just want the Recipe!

Unnecessary filler text about how this Recipe reminds me of my beloved family member or some shit, but like OMG no one cares about how you used to frolic in the fields picking fresh Captain Brand Neural Implants, I just want the Recipe!Unnecessary filler text about how this Recipe reminds me of my beloved family member or some shit, but like OMG no one cares about how you used to frolic in the fields picking fresh Captain Brand Neural Implants, I just want the Recipe!Unnecessary filler text about how this Recipe reminds me of my beloved family member or some shit, but like OMG no one cares about how you used to frolic in the fields picking fresh Captain Brand Neural Implants, I just want the Recipe! Unnecessary filler text about how this Recipe reminds me of my beloved family member or some shit, but like OMG no one cares about how you used to frolic in the fields picking fresh Captain Brand Neural Implants, I just want the Recipe!Unnecessary filler text about how this Recipe reminds me of my beloved family member or some shit, but like OMG no one cares about how you used to frolic in the fields picking fresh Captain Brand Neural Implants, I just want the Recipe!Unnecessary filler text about how this Recipe reminds me of my beloved family member or some shit, but like OMG no one cares about how you used to frolic in the fields picking fresh Captain Brand Neural Implants, I just want the Recipe!Unnecessary filler text about how this Recipe reminds me of my beloved family member or some shit, but like OMG no one cares about how you used to frolic in the fields picking fresh Captain Brand Neural Implants, I just want the Recipe!Unnecessary filler text about how this Recipe reminds me of my beloved family member or some shit, but like OMG no one cares about how you used to frolic in the fields picking fresh Captain Brand Neural Implants, I just want the Recipe!Unnecessary filler text about how this Recipe reminds me of my beloved family member or some shit, but like OMG no one cares about how you used to frolic in the fields picking fresh Captain Brand Neural Implants, I just want the Recipe!Unnecessary filler text about how this Recipe reminds me of my beloved family member or some shit, but like OMG no one cares about how you used to frolic in the fields picking fresh Captain Brand Neural Implants, I just want the Recipe!Unnecessary filler text about how this Recipe reminds me of my beloved family member or some shit, but like OMG no one cares about how you used to frolic in the fields picking fresh Captain Brand Neural Implants, I just want the Recipe!Unnecessary filler text about how this Recipe reminds me of my beloved family member or some shit, but like OMG no one cares about how you used to frolic in the fields picking fresh Captain Brand Neural Implants, I just want the Recipe!Unnecessary filler text about how this Recipe reminds me of my beloved family member or some shit, but like OMG no one cares about how you used to frolic in the fields picking fresh Captain Brand Neural Implants, I just want the Recipe!Unnecessary filler text about how this Recipe reminds me of my beloved family member or some shit, but like OMG no one cares about how you used to frolic in the fields picking fresh Captain Brand Neural Implants, I just want the Recipe!Unnecessary filler text about how this Recipe reminds me of my beloved family member or some shit, but like OMG no one cares about how you used to frolic in the fields picking fresh Captain Brand Neural Implants, I just want the Recipe!Unnecessary filler text about how this Recipe reminds me of my beloved family member or some shit, but like OMG no one cares about how you used to frolic in the fields picking fresh Captain Brand Neural Implants, I just want the Recipe!Unnecessary filler text about how this Recipe reminds me of my beloved family member or some shit, but like OMG no one cares about how you used to frolic in the fields picking fresh Captain Brand Neural Implants, I just want the Recipe!Unnecessary filler text about how this Recipe reminds me of my beloved family member or some shit, but like OMG no one cares about how you used to frolic in the fields picking fresh Captain Brand Neural Implants, I just want the Recipe!

Unnecessary filler text about how this Recipe reminds me of my beloved family member or some shit, but like OMG no one cares about how you used to frolic in the fields picking fresh Captain Brand Neural Implants, I just want the Recipe!

...and that is why I can't wait to share with you today this beautiful Recipe passed down by my forerunners.

Ingredients:

1 Captain Brand Neural Implant
1 Pack of Explosives; either/or

• Grenades
  • Rockets
  • Frogs (if you wish to have your Powdered Halo in the French Style)

1 UNSC Pillar of Autumn Halcyon-class light cruiser

Ingredients:

Step One: Blast the Vent Core...

[image]
(lol im so dum lol)

🤨

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, August 21, 2022, 15:51 (611 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Recipe: Powdered Halo

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, August 24, 2022, 10:00 (608 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Your joke is accurate.

This man understands the pain. Thank you.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, August 24, 2022, 11:14 (608 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

Nope, but... *Threadjack*

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, August 24, 2022, 17:01 (608 days ago) @ Morpheus

I did buy the Destiny one a while back, and this thread reminded me that I never even cracked it open, so I decided to change that this week and have made two things so far!

MONDAY

Monday's meal was the Chicken-fried Steak:
[image]

Which first requires you to make Sausage Gravy:
[image]

[image][image][image][image]

[image]
Easy! (Do note that they ask for way too little milk. I added a quarter of a cup more and still got thicc gravy)

Now for the steak:
[image]

Step 1 is to make entirely too much flour mix. Like easily twice as much as you need for some reason:
[image]

Same for the other two stations; like why so much? Who knows! I'm trusting the process:
[image]

Speaking of which, the recipe asks for Beef Top Round Steak, instead of Cube Steak, which I would prefer (yeah, yeah, nit-picking with country-fried, but they're asking you to make milanesa, basically). The Process!
[image][image][image][image]

[image][image]

Add some steamed veggies (With two tablespoons of butter for a good 'ol Southern artery clog) and a Honey-roasted biscuit, and you're done!
[image]

8/10 recipe.
The meat choice was weird, and the miscalculated ingredient portions could use a down-sizing, but it was quick and easy to make! If you're sticking to the recipe, I recommend you think of "tenderize" as "so many holes you can see through the meat", and you'll likely be happier. I also recommend using a lower heat, to make sure that the meat has time to cook throughout. The sausage gravy was pretty great, but like, it's hard to screw up gravy.
And there's not a huge mess left over when you're done!
[image]

TUESDAY

Le Monarque
Fancy name for a fairly simple sandwich!
[image][image]

The recipe is totally vague on what kind of ham you should use, so I used roast beef slices lol... Also topped it with prosciutto, to honor the French nature of House Meyrin (lol).
[image]

[image][image]

Sandwich!
[image]

8/10 recipe.
My only issue with the recipe was the feeling that something was missing. I ate it with alfalfa sprouts, which helped; Sammy ate hers with a whole pickle, because of course she did... but I feel like some fried tomato in the center would have elevated the whole thing. If I make the recipe again (pretty likely!), I'll do that. And I'd never used Gruyere cheese before, but it's totally on my list of cheeses to buy more often. I did see a weird-looking "Cave-aged" one at the store, which I'm scared of, tho...

Anyway, good stuff from the cookbook so far! Love that almost all recipes are confined to a single page, and there's quite a bit of variety in the type of foods from around the world (why did I, who live in the South, start off with a recipe from the South? Who knows!).
Yay! I think today I'll make a steak recipe...

Nope, but... *Threadjack*

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, August 26, 2022, 16:03 (606 days ago) @ Korny

Hey, I grew up in the south, and I don't think I had steamed veggies until I was 18. All veggies were boiled or fried into a over-salted mush. Your way is healthier, and helps mitigate the artery clog. Nice post.

Kick-Ass! Awesome Job.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, August 27, 2022, 07:10 (605 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread