Claude, how nostalgic does this make you feel? (Off-Topic)

by Anna Komnene, Thursday, September 22, 2022, 11:49 (553 days ago)

lol - pretty nostalgic

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, September 22, 2022, 12:10 (553 days ago) @ Anna Komnene

Becky was pretty mad that they had a golden opportunity to highlight people AROUND gamers, and how they're affected by this sort of thing... and they chose to film her ordering pizza. ;)

(I was a little creeped out that more than one person sleuthed out exactly where I lived from that pizza menu, and contacted me directly. The pizza place loved it, though; I got free pizza for a while after that came out, because of their increased business. :) )

lol - pretty nostalgic

by Anna Komnene, Thursday, September 22, 2022, 12:14 (553 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I always wanted to tell you that house looked like a great place to live in! Was it as forest-y as the scene filmed from outside made it seem?

lol - pretty nostalgic

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, September 22, 2022, 12:18 (553 days ago) @ Anna Komnene

I always wanted to tell you that house looked like a great place to live in! Was it as forest-y as the scene filmed from outside made it seem?

Yeah. We had 3 acres... but the property butted up against 200 acres of town open space. It was reserved (in perpetuity) for outdoor activities - walking, horseback riding, etc. So we basically lived in the woods.

lol - pretty nostalgic

by Anna Komnene, Thursday, September 22, 2022, 12:21 (553 days ago) @ Claude Errera

That's so AWESOME

Heh - there were downsides.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, September 22, 2022, 13:12 (553 days ago) @ Anna Komnene

That's so AWESOME

We were a 20-minute drive from the nearest grocery store. Forget something? Live without it until next week. (Now, I just turn around and walk back the 3 blocks to QFC.)

It snowed a LOT in the winter... and occasionally, town plows would end up leaving a berm in front of our driveway when they cleared the circle. Doesn't sound awful... until you think about the year it was 8 feet tall and at least that thick, and took me a few hours to cut a car-sized hole through it so we could leave.

Want to eat in a nice restaurant or see a show? Count on driving time to be upwards of 30 mins. (I guess that can be true in a city, as well... but we have some pretty decent places in walking distance, and some world-class places within a 10-min drive.)

Dunno. I fought pretty hard not to move, when we came out here; Becky was tired of CT, but I loved living in the woods. You couldn't get me to go back, now, though.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread