Creator of the Skyrim mod, Falskaar, hired by Bungie (Gaming)

by TDSpiral ⌂ @, TDS Gaming Shack, WA, Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 00:13 (3812 days ago)

Don't know if this has been posted or not, but huge congratulations to that guy! It's always awesome to see modding talent recognized by companies like this.

Congratulations!

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 00:30 (3812 days ago) @ TDSpiral

Why can't I be creative too? I have ideas and stuffs! :(

Creator of the Skyrim mod, Falskaar, hired by Bungie

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 03:48 (3811 days ago) @ TDSpiral

I find it amusing that Bungie was in his "big company that will ignore me" category. Knowing what I know, I'm not surprised they scooped him up.

by ridum, Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 04:00 (3811 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

hez gonna fit right in on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, expansions of Destiny…

..xlnt.

awesome to see hard work paid off

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 04:03 (3811 days ago) @ TDSpiral

- No text -

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 08:52 (3811 days ago) @ TDSpiral

Does this mean there is a sliver of hope for a PC version of Destiny? I assume he did most of his modding on the PC version.

That's exactly what I was wondering.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 09:16 (3811 days ago) @ Kalamari

- No text -

Creation tools are on PC. Target platform doesn't matter

by RC ⌂, UK, Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 10:16 (3811 days ago) @ Kalamari

Don't read anything into it. They think he's cool. They hired him. They can train him in anything he doesn't already know.

Remember: Bungie used to do Mac games before they went to consoles.

Snap, that's cool.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 13:57 (3811 days ago) @ TDSpiral

- No text -

Much Respect.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 13:59 (3811 days ago) @ TDSpiral

Game Modding. Its like game development - without the time crunch.

Much Respect.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 15:38 (3811 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

But with the added bonus of not being paid to do it, being completely reliant on your own self-generated motivation, and having to crunch the rest of your life (family, friends, jobs, and more) to make time to actually finish a mod, or any time-consuming independent project, and have it be halfway decent.

Of course

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 21:14 (3811 days ago) @ Leviathan

But with the added bonus of not being paid to do it, being completely reliant on your own self-generated motivation, and having to crunch the rest of your life (family, friends, jobs, and more) to make time to actually finish a mod, or any time-consuming independent project, and have it be halfway decent.

I was concerned a rebut was going be of this; I suppose the emphasis added was not enough. The fault is mine. That said, of course everything requires degrees of work and sacrifice, and of course "we" could pick clean every scrap of verbiage and technicality.

In the end my dear sir is the difference of those who do for money and do because they love what they do. Money is just a bonus then.

Self-generated motivation? Sounds like potential to me.

To each their own.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread