You won't believe this DSC flawless trick! (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, December 07, 2022, 10:53 (506 days ago)

Yeah, that's right, clickbait title!

In our flawless practice runs, the three things we've been needing to bolt down are:

• A clean Sparrow run at the beginning – not too difficult, but we do get tripped-up occasionally. This is an easy fix.
  • The spacewalk. Just gonna have to be careful!
  • The Taniks final encounter. After some testing the other day, we decided that the four-bomb "challenge" strat is by far the most consistent and reduces the opportunities for error by a rather large margin, except for the fact that we've been having trouble with people dying while running the bombs. It's been a matter of half-seconds, but the consistency just hasn't been there. But, we figured it out!

A lot of the sauce is in hearing our conversations, so be sure to turn up the sound. For those of you who already knew the answer to this… you are free to make fun of us. But we had fun, and it sort of had the feeling of figuring out a blind raid, which I've missed dearly.

And in case you want to watch the full stream from the night with all the commentary:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1672339381

You won't believe this DSC flawless trick!

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, December 07, 2022, 12:08 (506 days ago) @ Beorn

Just when my blood pressure returned to normal, you have to remind me of this shit.

I just knew there was no way in hell in Destiny of all things, a character stat would affect your movement while holding the McGuffin.

You and everyone else

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, December 07, 2022, 12:46 (506 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I just knew there was no way in hell in Destiny of all things, a character stat would affect your movement while holding the McGuffin.

As you could hear, it took quite a bit of convincing to steer that ship. But damn, am I glad we figured this out!

You and everyone else

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, December 08, 2022, 08:53 (505 days ago) @ Beorn

As you could hear, it took quite a bit of convincing to steer that ship. But damn, am I glad we figured this out!

I know Korny does not allow me to help with these runs because [dedacted comment], but I'll just say that when I ran DSC regularly, the main reason I died with a bomb was I got trapped too long. We were also particular about who picked up which bomb, and I seem to recall there was some skepticism about that mattering, too. Glad y'all figured it out. :-)

P.S.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, December 08, 2022, 09:06 (505 days ago) @ Kermit

I would bet good money that at some point Chappy or squid said to me, "You might want to boost your mobility there, Kermit."

Spoilers: Don't Die! :D Thanks For Coming To My TED Talk.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, December 07, 2022, 12:09 (506 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, December 08, 2022, 09:45 (505 days ago) @ Beorn

No wonder I always found it insane how much trouble y'all usually have. My Hunter is always spec'd with high mobility!

Great job with the Operator, btw. Barely any downtime :)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, December 08, 2022, 10:03 (505 days ago) @ ZackDark

No wonder I always found it insane how much trouble y'all usually have. My Hunter is always spec'd with high mobility!

Great job with the Operator, btw. Barely any downtime :)

How's your GPU?

Still dead!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, December 08, 2022, 20:10 (505 days ago) @ Claude Errera

New one has already shipped, though. No clue how close to getting here yet

:(

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, December 08, 2022, 21:16 (505 days ago) @ ZackDark

New one has already shipped, though. No clue how close to getting here yet

Good luck. I'm glad it's not last year at this time, because then your chances of getting a new one would be... lower.

Amen to that

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, December 09, 2022, 03:56 (504 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread