Raid Group Loadouts (DBO)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, March 09, 2023, 05:06 (415 days ago)

For any of us here whom intend to raid in this week, what load out are y'all going to use? Are y'all going to use strand, or go for more tried and tested builds?

That's it. That's the post.

Raid Group Loadouts

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, March 09, 2023, 09:16 (414 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

For any of us here whom intend to raid in this week, what load out are y'all going to use? Are y'all going to use strand, or go for more tried and tested builds?

That's it. That's the post.

It's unclear at this point; I'm doing my best to get a lot of content up to raid-ready levels (which, granted, isn't very high) because I don't really know what route I'm going.

I'm definitely gonna try Strand, even though I don't like it much - the infinite suspend powers of a Strand Titan are hard to resist.

My Thundercrash build is ready for boss damage, though, and I've got my trusty solar build for the times when I just can't stay alive.

So... a little of everything?

Weapons I'll probably rely on: Hung Jury/Monarch/Retrofit Escapade works nicely against lots of champs, and leans into the void/volatile stuff the artifact offers. I can't quit my Gjallarhorn - I know it's not meta any more, but damn if it doesn't still save my butt a lot. And Forbearance has earned a place in my heart for its astounding add-clear capabilities... it'll probably see some use tomorrow. I had high hopes for glaives, especially with the unstop artifact mod... but I've found that stuff hits really hard if I'm close enough to use a glaive. On some content, they work great... but endgame stuff, it seems I'm asking for trouble. With my playstyle, weapons that let me hang back a little farther make more sense.

I have scout rifles of every flavor, and I'm happy with all of them - Triple Tap/Incandescent Staccato-46 for solar, Explosive Payload/Dragonfly Doom of Chelchis for void, Killing Wind/Voltshot Tarnished Mettle for Arc... I guess I don't have a Strand one, because there isn't a Strand one, but I'll live.

I've seen some folks doing wonderful things with Quicksilver Storm - I'm not deep enough into Strand building to have tried it seriously yet, so I probably won't use it tomorrow... but it's on the horizon, I guess.

Oh, yeah, Arbalest. Forgot about Arbalest.

Is anybody streaming?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, March 10, 2023, 08:25 (413 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I won't get to raid this weekend (or next), but I would love to check the progress of the groups here.

Is anybody streaming?

by squidnh3, Friday, March 10, 2023, 08:29 (413 days ago) @ bluerunner

I could try to do that. squidNH3 on Twitch if I remember.

Is anybody streaming?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, March 10, 2023, 12:23 (413 days ago) @ squidnh3

I could try to do that. squidNH3 on Twitch if I remember.

That said, I'm not sure why you'd want to watch bunch of folks running into a paracausal brick wall for hours and hours on end, but hey... have... fun? lol.

World's 1st was 2h27 lol

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, March 10, 2023, 18:50 (413 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

With or without any cheese

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, March 10, 2023, 19:10 (413 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

No clue

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, March 10, 2023, 21:57 (413 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Mechanics aren't very hard to figure out, though. Execution is crazy hard, but I guess sweaty teams can pull off pretty quickly

No clue

by Claude Errera @, Friday, March 10, 2023, 22:16 (413 days ago) @ ZackDark

Mechanics aren't very hard to figure out, though. Execution is crazy hard, but I guess sweaty teams can pull off pretty quickly

We got through 3 encounters today. Gonna try and finish tomorrow. It's relatively easy to understand, but execution is definitely the hard part. Overall, doesn't feel terrible, as long as you adjust when things aren't working.

Dat 3rd encounter, am I right?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, March 11, 2023, 15:57 (412 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

😂

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, March 11, 2023, 17:15 (412 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Success

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, March 11, 2023, 17:34 (412 days ago) @ Claude Errera

[image]

Congrats, Man!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, March 11, 2023, 20:04 (412 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

The first encounter has already been Solo’d in contest mode.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, March 11, 2023, 23:55 (412 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Maybe this raid doesn’t need cheese to beat quickly…

My Blind Baths SEGMENT Took Longer, Good Lord...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, March 11, 2023, 07:16 (412 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Is anybody streaming?

by squidnh3, Friday, March 10, 2023, 18:15 (413 days ago) @ squidnh3

I started streaming, but since we are in game chat nobody knows how to make their voices show up (know how it works in party chat, not in game chat).

Is anybody streaming?

by squidnh3, Friday, March 10, 2023, 18:21 (413 days ago) @ squidnh3

Nevermind, it's screwing with our ability to talk to each other.

Is anybody streaming?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, March 10, 2023, 20:14 (413 days ago) @ squidnh3

It's fine. I'm not where I can watch.

Good Luck, Everyone.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, March 10, 2023, 11:02 (413 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Raid Group Loadouts

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, March 10, 2023, 12:21 (413 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by INSANEdrive, Friday, March 10, 2023, 12:51

This will probably be the most unprepared I've ever been to a blind raid. First of all, short of the bump I got doing the Campaign Legendary Solo, I've not been able to get on and do the ol' efforts I've been able to do in the past. Furthermore, the reworking of the Mod System has also really thrown a wrench in both creating and running the types of Builds I like to run. Before hand, even if I was close to a new raid, I had plenty of backup builds to run with, but they are ALL gutted. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to recreate many of them. And even if I can, doesn't help me much now.

That, plus the new "damage type" is... I'm not sure.

I've only touched Strand Warlock as this point, so with that in mind... what an odd duck. It's kind of a hybrid between stasis and arc, but without the survivability assistance. In fact, it might be even more arc than arc, where you can jump into the fray but also have to commit onto that jump, as it were. Survival isn't you becoming beefier next to some crystal or though a mobility bump to get out of dodge, it's you flat out damaging the opponent to shreds (you say?) or just stop them from shooting at all with suspend, or you make their damage output less... but that last one is, eh. "Hey buddy stand still, I wanna see if this gunshot hurts less"... uhhhh, no thanks. I'm good.

I kinda want to use strand, because if anything will put it in its paces, it's a blind raid run. But... than again...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do note... I said nothing about Threadlings. That shall come at a later date.

So. That's where I'm at. I'd come into the Raid naked if I could, lol... I don't know. It's definitely a night of new frontiers, as... I have no idea what I'm going to run.

Well, as long as everyone has at least one mod that makes orbs, I suppose we'll see as the night goes on. Since... you know...

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ✧゚・:WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Again. And again. and again. Yee. ha!

Raid Group Loadouts

by squidnh3, Friday, March 10, 2023, 13:02 (413 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I'm running Hunter YAS until required otherwise. Will also have a Ager's Scepter on hand, that thing was essential for beating Calus, extremely good against Tormentors.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread