Guardian Games Crucible (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, May 08, 2023, 06:55 (347 days ago)

Is anyone else playing this? What's your experience been? As a hunter, it seems we are getting destroyed every single game.

Guardian Games Crucible

by Claude Errera @, Monday, May 08, 2023, 10:55 (347 days ago) @ ManKitten

Is anyone else playing this? What's your experience been? As a hunter, it seems we are getting destroyed every single game.

As a Titan, my experience has been better than yours... but I thought I'd point out that you don't HAVE to play in the GG playlist to get credit for the bounties/triumphs. On the select screen, pull down the menu that says "Supremacy - Guardian Games" and change it to 'Supremacy'. You won't be lumped in with all Hunters, but you'll still get credit for playing.

Guardian Games Crucible

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, May 08, 2023, 11:43 (347 days ago) @ Claude Errera

As a Titan, my experience has been better than yours... but I thought I'd point out that you don't HAVE to play in the GG playlist to get credit for the bounties/triumphs. On the select screen, pull down the menu that says "Supremacy - Guardian Games" and change it to 'Supremacy'. You won't be lumped in with all Hunters, but you'll still get credit for playing.

It's not a big deal to me, I'm not a crucible player and I suck regardless. It's just a thing to do as part of the event. My true goal is to reach level 1800 to reach rank 7. I'm at 1791 currently.

But relative to the topic, it just seems that in PvP, the hunter has always been the weakest class. Now that this playlist exists, will data back that up? Every game against Titans it's just nothing but shotguns and shoulder charges. Against Warlocks its wells and pulse rifles.

I guess as a hunter I can do a backflip?

Guardian Games Crucible

by squidnh3, Wednesday, May 10, 2023, 10:02 (345 days ago) @ ManKitten

But relative to the topic, it just seems that in PvP, the hunter has always been the weakest class. Now that this playlist exists, will data back that up? Every game against Titans it's just nothing but shotguns and shoulder charges. Against Warlocks its wells and pulse rifles.

I guess as a hunter I can do a backflip?

This is definitely not true. Personally I've found, on average, Hunter to be the strongest in PvP purely because of the dodge being so much more useful than the rift or the walls. Of course, I also play Hunter the most.

It's hard to evaluate this because of the many circumstances where certain classes have had overpowered abilities or Exotics. Titans were certainly very good when they were wearing One-Eyed Masks during that time period when it gave you an overshield for getting kills. Hunters were super annoying to play against when Shatterdive was ridiculously good. And Warlocks had the full powered Hand-Held Supernova plus an unkillable Super that had a radius death attack that worked through walls when Forsaken came out.

Anecdotally, my K/D on my Hunter and Warlock are very similar, but my K/D on my Titan is 0.2 lower (last time I checked, haven't looked recently). But I so rarely play my Titan, I really don't have a go-to build and often try things I see others do that I haven't practiced sufficiently to be able to pull off myself.

Guardian Games Crucible

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, May 08, 2023, 15:00 (347 days ago) @ ManKitten

I loaded up Destiny again, hopped into Supremacy for my Warlock's first Crucible match since January, and casually got a We Ran Out Of Medals against a team of Hunters on my first and only match, running my Solar PvE build. I feel bad for Hunters, since they are the self-serving class up against classes that can shield, buff, and heal each other with ease, with subclasses that synergize greatly (Arc Soul + Voidlocks, anyone?).

Reminded me of this post:

Anyway, it was fun. Supremacy is still Destiny's best game mode.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread