*TAPS MIC* Is this thing on? - Big Project Announcement! (Fan Creations)

by Postmortem ⌂, AZ, Tuesday, January 30, 2024, 10:11 (87 days ago)

Hey folks.

Sure has been a while since I've seen some of these names. I haven't been active with Destiny since D1, but I thought this would be a good place to let folks know about a big project I'm premiering!

Tomorrow at 8 PM EST I'm holding a premiere for a massive Halo documentary/video essay I've been working on for over a year! It's seen contributions from names like Stephen Loftus, David Fuchs, and a couple of folks from the Sins of the Prophets/Far Isle modding teams!

This is, to my knowledge, the most complete and comprehensive overview of human history within the Halo universe, presented in documentary format. I've commissioned some custom animations for events in the fiction that, 20 years on, have still yet to be visualized in any official capacity! The Callisto Incident, the Carver Findings, segments on the physics of slipspace and the creation of AIs, the ORION Project... lots of stuff in here!

I hope you all will be able to join me for the premiere tomorrow (Wednesday) at 8 PM EST. It would be great fun to get some of the old HBO members in the chat while it's streaming. :)

And if you can't make it for the premiere, I hope you'll give the video a watch at some point. So much work was put into this thing, and it was all done as a celebration of what made the world of Halo so fascinating to us way back in the 2000s.

Hope to see you all there!

Looks cool!

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, January 30, 2024, 10:59 (87 days ago) @ Postmortem

Good to hear from you again!

Not sure if I can watch it live, but I'll definitely check it out!

An OG Blind Raider appears!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, January 30, 2024, 11:13 (87 days ago) @ Postmortem

Great to see you posting, my friend. This looks great, and I look forward to watching it. Probably have a conflict Wednesday, but congrats regardless!

by Postmortem ⌂, AZ, Tuesday, January 30, 2024, 12:08 (87 days ago) @ Kermit

Great to see you posting, my friend. This looks great, and I look forward to watching it. Probably have a conflict Wednesday, but congrats regardless!

It's great to see so many recognizable names still posting!

Formed some great memories with many of you in Seattle, wish we had a good excuse to justify getting together IRL again.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, January 30, 2024, 12:56 (87 days ago) @ Postmortem

Isn’t just doing it a good enough excuse?

by Postmortem ⌂, AZ, Tuesday, January 30, 2024, 13:03 (87 days ago) @ cheapLEY

When you free? :)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, January 30, 2024, 14:01 (87 days ago) @ Postmortem

You may not be aware of recent posts, but that's quite the question to ask a certain man named CheapLEY.

[Can I just say I freaking hate Covid? It caused us to lose touch and lose our minds. Face-to-face, man. Accept no substitutes.]

by Postmortem ⌂, AZ, Tuesday, January 30, 2024, 15:16 (87 days ago) @ Kermit

You may not be aware of recent posts, but that's quite the question to ask a certain man named CheapLEY.

[Can I just say I freaking hate Covid? It caused us to lose touch and lose our minds. Face-to-face, man. Accept no substitutes.]

Not aware of the history prior to that post, but Colorado is pretty close to AZ.

*TAPS MIC* Is this thing on? - Big Project Announcement!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, January 30, 2024, 15:05 (87 days ago) @ Postmortem

This is, to my knowledge, the most complete and comprehensive overview of human history within the Halo universe, presented in documentary format.

0/10 if it doesn't cover the Silver Timeline too :-p

Will tune in!

Premiere is in 1 hour!

by Postmortem ⌂, AZ, Wednesday, January 31, 2024, 16:00 (86 days ago) @ Postmortem

Good work

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, February 01, 2024, 10:17 (85 days ago) @ Postmortem

- No text -

Great success!

by Postmortem ⌂, AZ, Thursday, February 01, 2024, 13:27 (85 days ago) @ Postmortem

Well, the premiere went phenomenally.

Frank O'Connor joined. Stephen Loftus was there. C3 Sabertooth, who did the "Halo's Lost Story" series was there. Everyone was commenting on the developing story as it went along.

Thanks so much to everyone who turned up and made it such a success! It was a lot of fun!

Great success!

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, February 01, 2024, 13:34 (85 days ago) @ Postmortem

Got a chance to watch it today. Really nice work!

Great success!

by Postmortem ⌂, AZ, Thursday, February 01, 2024, 15:33 (85 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Got a chance to watch it today. Really nice work!

Thanks so much, Claude! Your opinion means a lot!

Really glad so many people are liking it. :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread