Anyone interested in picking up Helldivers 2? (Gaming)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, February 12, 2024, 13:24 (74 days ago)

I've been watching a ton of streams of people playing this and it looks like a LOT of fun.

You pick missions from your ship, drop to the battlefield, and then shoot bugs/robits while calling down orbital strikes from above.

Only issue is that all the missions are balanced around multiplayer, and I'd prefer to play with friends instead of just randos. Just looking for a reason to commit.

I loved helldivers 1

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, February 12, 2024, 16:50 (74 days ago) @ CyberKN

I've been watching a ton of streams of people playing this and it looks like a LOT of fun.

You pick missions from your ship, drop to the battlefield, and then shoot bugs/robits while calling down orbital strikes from above.

Only issue is that all the missions are balanced around multiplayer, and I'd prefer to play with friends instead of just randos. Just looking for a reason to commit.

I'd say consider me in, but I'm not the type of person on every night.

Anyone interested in picking up Helldivers 2?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, February 12, 2024, 20:07 (74 days ago) @ CyberKN

I would but…

https://yourcountdown.to/final-fantasy-vii-rebirth-release-date

that's 16 DAYS!

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, February 12, 2024, 20:21 (74 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

that's 16 DAYS!

by cheapLEY @, Monday, February 12, 2024, 21:01 (74 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Leave him alone, he’s playing Death Stranding on a third platform. He’s busy!

fair, I gotta get to that

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, February 12, 2024, 21:32 (74 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

that's 16 DAYS!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, February 12, 2024, 22:24 (74 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Leave him alone, he’s playing Death Stranding on a third platform. He’s busy!

The northern lights shine overhead as I pick up the last memory chip, after a hike from the grave of Fragile's mother. That's the third Platinum for this game, after PS4 and PS5. Feels good man.

[image]
[image]

By the way, it runs great on Apple Silicon. Mac gaming is back babyyyyyyyyyyy

Bit the bullet

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 01:08 (74 days ago) @ CyberKN

[image]

Bit the bullet

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 04:40 (74 days ago) @ CyberKN

Ha, name your character Gnop "The Myth of Oni" Marathon.

You should disclose

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, February 17, 2024, 08:53 (69 days ago) @ CyberKN

The game is a live service game with microtransactions.

You should disclose

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, February 21, 2024, 13:28 (65 days ago) @ Cody Miller

If you want a real good game that doesn't have any of those things, check out Chants Of Sennaar. It's my new favorite adventure game of all time. (and it has a demo!)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1931770/Chants_of_Sennaar/

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4133-CUSA42226_00-CHANTSOFSENNAAR0

You should disclose

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, February 21, 2024, 19:57 (65 days ago) @ CyberKN

If you want a real good game that doesn't have any of those things, check out Chants Of Sennaar. It's my new favorite adventure game of all time. (and it has a demo!)

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4133-CUSA42226_00-CHANTSOFSENNAAR0

No Mac version nooooooo

I don’t wanna type on that virtual keyboard for PS5

You should disclose

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, February 22, 2024, 07:30 (65 days ago) @ Cody Miller

No Mac version nooooooo

Wait PS5 doesn't take keyboard inputs?

You should disclose

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, February 22, 2024, 09:18 (64 days ago) @ kidtsunami

No Mac version nooooooo

Wait PS5 doesn't take keyboard inputs?

It's a virtual keyboard you type one letter at a time with the controller. I don't know how much typing there is, but it's featured in the trailer so probably a decent amount.

It's not a *lot* of typing.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, February 22, 2024, 09:48 (64 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by CyberKN, Thursday, February 22, 2024, 10:01

You're only ever entering one word at a time, no sentences.

You can -in theory- beat the entire game without entering any text, but you'll have a lot harder time translating some of the things NPCs are saying.

but yes, you can connect a keyboard to your playstation.

https://www.playstation.com/en-nz/support/hardware/keyboard-mouse-ps5/

ok, there it is, just use a keyboard

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, February 22, 2024, 10:06 (64 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

It's not a *lot* of typing.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, February 22, 2024, 13:04 (64 days ago) @ CyberKN

You're only ever entering one word at a time, no sentences.

Ok word.

No capes!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 16:19 (73 days ago) @ CyberKN

jk. I love capes. Looks cool.

How is it?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, February 17, 2024, 09:59 (69 days ago) @ CyberKN

This has me intrigued, and I'm seeing comments like "the best co-op game ever."

How is it?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, February 17, 2024, 10:20 (69 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by Cody Miller, Saturday, February 17, 2024, 10:24

I… feel like this is more appealing than what extraction shooters are up to.

Marathon might have a tough time.

How is it?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Saturday, February 17, 2024, 13:26 (69 days ago) @ Kermit

I think that's hyperbole, but HD2 is excellent. The presentation and gameplay are top-notch.

I've been playing it with various group sizes and they all work. I spent about an hour yesterday in a group of 2, just me and a rando, and had a blast.

It's definitely a co-op game first and foremost, and you'll get a lot more out of it with friends.

The game has 9 different levels of difficulty, and you can just pick one and the game will matchmake you into a session of that difficulty.

There's a decent amount of bugs (the software kind), which has been my only real complaint thus far. the Login servers were down yesterday afternoon because a half-million people were trying to play at once.

Also the (fully dynamic) loading screens/tips are A+

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Sunday, February 18, 2024, 12:12 (68 days ago) @ CyberKN

[image]

Purchased.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, February 18, 2024, 15:50 (68 days ago) @ CyberKN

I must be nuts.

Purchased.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Sunday, February 18, 2024, 20:36 (68 days ago) @ Kermit

I must be nuts.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's been ages since we played together. Let me know when you're free.

Purchased.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, February 20, 2024, 09:57 (66 days ago) @ CyberKN

Saw you on last night just as I was logging off. I did the first mission solo and had trouble surviving, and at some point the game seemed to have sympathy for me and directed me toward the extraction zone. Don't have much time tonight but I thought about putting an hour or so in. I've got a hard stop at 9 pm ET.

Purchased.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, February 20, 2024, 13:53 (66 days ago) @ Kermit

Saw you on last night just as I was logging off. I did the first mission solo and had trouble surviving, and at some point the game seemed to have sympathy for me and directed me toward the extraction zone. Don't have much time tonight but I thought about putting an hour or so in. I've got a hard stop at 9 pm ET.

Can't do tonight because of prior engagements, but I'll be free the day after tomorrow pretty much whenever since I have it off.

I hear good things. I'll look into platform support, etc.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, February 19, 2024, 12:47 (67 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

PS5 and Windows only. Sad Face.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 13:49 (58 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

343 Wanted to make an ODST game that was similar

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, February 20, 2024, 14:11 (66 days ago) @ CyberKN

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread