Marty is running for Congress. (Off-Topic)

by Coaxkez, Tuesday, March 05, 2024, 07:46 (53 days ago)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2024/03/04/ex-destiny-and-halo-composer-marty-odonnell-is-running-for-congress...

I have no feelings about this in particular. Just an unexpected & newsworthy development.

you have NO feelings???

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, March 05, 2024, 08:33 (53 days ago) @ Coaxkez

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2024/03/04/ex-destiny-and-halo-composer-marty-odonnell-is-running-for-congress...

I have no feelings about this in particular. Just an unexpected & newsworthy development.

Can't stand still on a moving train mate

you have NO feelings???

by Coaxkez, Tuesday, March 05, 2024, 09:36 (53 days ago) @ kidtsunami
edited by Coaxkez, Tuesday, March 05, 2024, 10:02

Oh, I've got opinions on his politics, which I will refrain from elucidating here, but I've got no opinion in particular on his decision to run. It's a very competitive district, so he's got his work cut out for him, and I figure his chance of winning is next door to zero. (Although crazier things have happened.)

It's certainly an unexpected move for him, but I'm not surprised and it tracks with his behavior throughout the past decade. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about that. It's just Marty being Marty.

oh, that's fair then

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, March 05, 2024, 12:37 (52 days ago) @ Coaxkez

- No text -

you have NO feelings???

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, March 05, 2024, 13:49 (52 days ago) @ kidtsunami

A Deer Dance, if you will.

you have NO feelings???

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Friday, March 08, 2024, 10:26 (49 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Actually, "I don't care" is the correct position to have and reflects a healthy, well-ordered life and emotional maturity.

cool story bro

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, March 08, 2024, 13:01 (49 days ago) @ Schooly D

- No text -

You didn't use an oxford comma.

by Anna Komnene, Friday, March 08, 2024, 22:20 (49 days ago) @ Schooly D

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, March 08, 2024, 23:56 (49 days ago) @ Anna Komnene

Bastard.

And you didn't use a colon in that link.

by Coaxkez, Saturday, March 09, 2024, 07:36 (49 days ago) @ Anna Komnene

Who gives a fuck about an Oxford comma?
I've seen those English dramas too, they're cruel
So if there's any other way
To spell the word, it's fine with me, with me

Not really.

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Saturday, March 09, 2024, 10:58 (48 days ago) @ Anna Komnene

The list only has two items.

It is not "{a healthy}, {well-ordered life} and {emotional maturity}."
It is "{a healthy, well-ordered life} and {emotional maturity}."

Not really.

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Saturday, March 09, 2024, 13:14 (48 days ago) @ uberfoop

The list only has two items.

It is not "{a healthy}, {well-ordered life} and {emotional maturity}."
It is "{a healthy, well-ordered life} and {emotional maturity}."

uberfoop showing once again why he's a Top 7 b.org poster.

I'm not even sure how someone could parse it differently. I guess someone may expect a comma between the two items to model a pause in spoken conversation: "...a well-ordered (upwards inflection) life (pause) and emotional maturity." But the list still has only two items.

+1

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, March 09, 2024, 15:53 (48 days ago) @ uberfoop

You passed the exam.

+1

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Sunday, March 10, 2024, 12:11 (47 days ago) @ uberfoop

- No text -

Marty is running for Congress.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, March 05, 2024, 08:39 (53 days ago) @ Coaxkez

I’ll keep my mouth shut on this one, but I think it’s prettying telling that his campaign site has paragraphs about his career as a composer and no policy information whatsoever.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread