The new Taylor Swift album. (Off-Topic)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, April 19, 2024, 14:15 (13 days ago)
edited by cheapLEY, Friday, April 19, 2024, 14:21

Taylor released her newest album last night. About three hours later, she revealed that it was secretly a double album and dropped an additional fifteen songs.

It's incredible. I liked Midnights well enough, but this is much more a folklore/evermore follow up. It's got a few decent pop bangers as expected, but it is much more a turn back to the moodier vibes of the previous two albums. She apparently worked a lot with Aaron Dessner of The National quite a bit again, which I think is fantastic, and those songs are absolutely the standouts for me.

I'll have to listen to it a bunch more to really know, but this is certainly in the running for my favorite record of hers.

The Black Dog is the standout track for me so far.

The new Taylor Swift album.

by Robot Chickens, Sunday, April 21, 2024, 09:08 (11 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I haven’t gotten a chance to give it an undistracted listen (which is how I always listen to albums by artist I really respect). Your endorsement has made me excited to find the time.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, April 25, 2024, 12:05 (7 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I haven’t gotten a chance to give it an undistracted listen (which is how I always listen to albums by artist I really respect). Your endorsement has made me excited to find the time.

I'm very much the same way. I don't want to assess something like that by just having it on in the background while I'm working or something. It's got to be either while driving (alone), going for a walk/run etc., or a dedicated sit-down listening session which is hard for me to do. Don't like sitting still, at least without a controller.

Personally, I'm only now getting to the point where I'm starting to single out songs and lyrics I like most, but I'm enjoying it. Takes longer with this one because, er... it's longer.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, April 25, 2024, 12:31 (7 days ago) @ stabbim

That’s probably my biggest complaint. I still really enjoy sitting down with my headphones and listening to an entire album as an experience. I did that with this the night it came out and a few times since, but it’s just too long to realistically do that. As much as I hate it, this will probably just end up in a playlist somewhere and put on shuffle as I go about my life, whereas I don’t think I’ve ever heard a folklore song out of order.

Must See TV

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Sunday, April 28, 2024, 07:07 (5 days ago) @ cheapLEY

DJ Earworm
Taylor Swift - The Complete Mashography - DJ Earworm - 59 Music Videos

Apparently I am dumb and can't get this to embed on here

Must See TV

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Sunday, April 28, 2024, 21:46 (4 days ago) @ unoudid

I'm very impressed with the execution but it also kind of made my brain hurt.

Must See TV

by Claude Errera @, Monday, April 29, 2024, 08:41 (3 days ago) @ unoudid

Apparently I am dumb and can't get this to embed on here

You're not dumb, they've disabled embedding, you have to watch it on YouTube (I assume for the added revenue? I dunno).

Edit: Holy shit. Parts of that are brilliant. Parts seemed phoned in. I'm having trouble with the idea that the person who did the brilliant bits would tolerate the other stuff.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread