VGX, the Discussion Forum *OT* (Gaming)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 15:06 (3800 days ago)

Thought I'd start a thread where those of us watching VGX can discuss what's going on.

Borderlands Tell Tale Games collab?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 15:07 (3800 days ago) @ Xenos

Didn't see that coming.

Borderlands Tell Tale Games Teaser

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 16:22 (3800 days ago) @ Xenos

by Phoenix_9286 @, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 17:24 (3800 days ago) @ Xenos

Oh. My god. I'M SO IN.

I'd forgotten just how much I love Handsome Jack.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, December 09, 2013, 12:06 (3798 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

That was pretty much my reaction, too. I would honestly pay money for an hour of recorded Jack dialogue on its own.

by Phoenix_9286 @, Monday, December 09, 2013, 13:47 (3798 days ago) @ stabbim

That was pretty much my reaction, too. I would honestly pay money for an hour of recorded Jack dialogue on its own.

This too. I suppose I never really forgot that I loved him, but after the twentieth time hearing most of his dialog, he kind of becomes... Normal? You get used to it, and even though it's funny, it doesn't deliver the same reaction anymore.

But those two lines? With the maniacal cackling? Oh that brings it all back. And "So many people are gonna die." just sells the entire trailer.

Tolerance

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 15:15 (3800 days ago) @ Xenos

Transphobic and misogynist jokes less than five minutes in. You stay classy!

Tolerance

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 15:18 (3800 days ago) @ Grizzlei

This is why I keep it muted until the trailers come on.

Tolerance

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 15:40 (3800 days ago) @ Xenos

This is why I keep it muted until the trailers come on.

Even if the jokes aren't offensive, it's painful to watch. Glad I have a forum that will explode if something actually happens. :)

Aren't the VGAs always awful?

by RC ⌂, UK, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 15:40 (3800 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Not sure why that'd change because the name is different...

Yeah but that doesn't mean it has to get offensive

by Avateur @, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 16:42 (3800 days ago) @ RC

Granted it was always offensively awful. Yeah, the jokes could go on and on about how bad the VGAs are. But really, they go and make jokes like that? Glad I'm not watching it.

Tolerance

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 15:54 (3800 days ago) @ Grizzlei

I'm not watching it yet. What did they say that was transphobic?

Tolerance

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 16:20 (3800 days ago) @ Schooly D

ugh, glad I don't watch them

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Sunday, December 08, 2013, 03:47 (3799 days ago) @ Grizzlei

- No text -

These people are adorable

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 16:42 (3800 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Like the backlash they received from the first transphobic joke wasn't worrisome enough, they went off and let Joel McHale say more ignorant shit.

I don't think anyone is surprised by the Game of the Year

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 16:00 (3800 days ago) @ Xenos

Grand Theft Auto V. It's a great game but I don't think it was the game of the year.

Not a bad choice

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 16:05 (3800 days ago) @ Xenos

Wouldn't be mine. I love the vision and work Rockstar did on GTA V, but so much of it was a fucking bore. Except airplane stunting with friends. That's always fun.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 16:06 (3800 days ago) @ Xenos

The Last of Us was my game of the year, easy. Maybe the game of the last five years.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 16:06 (3800 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

The Last of Us was my game of the year, easy. Maybe the game of the last five years.

Yeah I think that was my game of the year too. Maybe Bioshock Infinite, but I know many of you will disagree with that :)

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 16:10 (3800 days ago) @ Xenos

Heh, Infinite was nice, but too darn predictable. And the combat... yeeesh. Heh.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, December 08, 2013, 13:55 (3799 days ago) @ Xenos

Yeah I think that was my game of the year too. Maybe Bioshock Infinite, but I know many of you will disagree with that :)

In terms of time spent thinking about it, no fricking contest.

Haven't played The Last of Us, though. Yet. Now I can!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, December 08, 2013, 10:18 (3799 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Last five years? Lol. Someone apparently never played Vanquish :-p

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Sunday, December 08, 2013, 14:59 (3799 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Quiet you! I played the demo, and I didn't care for it.

Fortunately my list of favorite games has a compiling-committee of one, and they always know exactly what I like!

;D

Is there really a reason?

by Phoenix_9286 @, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 16:07 (3800 days ago) @ Xenos

It's three hours. Three hours. Mostly of stuff I either don't care about, or have already seen, surrounded by stupidity.

So I can either watch something brain dead for three hours, or skim the headlines and catch up in 30 minutes later tonight. To be fair, even if I did care about most of the content, this is still the better option.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 16:08 (3800 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

It's three hours. Three hours. Mostly of stuff I either don't care about, or have already seen, surrounded by stupidity.

So I can either watch something brain dead for three hours, or skim the headlines and catch up in 30 minutes later tonight. To be fair, even if I did care about most of the content, this is still the better option.

I mostly play games with it on in the background.

by Phoenix_9286 @, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 16:12 (3800 days ago) @ Xenos

I can't do that, I inevitably start paying more attention to one thing than the other.

Besides, I've got two bipeds I need to keep struggling to model. Lord I hate character modeling.

Try a Pierson's Puppeteer ;-)

by scarab @, Sunday, December 08, 2013, 02:49 (3800 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

- No text -

New Destiny Footage just shown, let's see when it's online.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 16:07 (3800 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Here is the Quantum Break Video

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 16:15 (3800 days ago) @ Xenos

Apparently it won't embed, so here's the link.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 16:20 (3800 days ago) @ Xenos

Trying some newer stuff, and that should be lauded. I'm just wondering how the gameplay will hold up. I loved Alan Wake, but for the story-telling, it wasn't exactly groundbreaking to play.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 16:21 (3800 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Trying some newer stuff, and that should be lauded. I'm just wondering how the gameplay will hold up. I loved Alan Wake, but for the story-telling, it wasn't exactly groundbreaking to play.

Yeah I do like that they mention the action based gameplay is based on their experience with Max Payne, hopefully that means it'll feel satisfying.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 16:27 (3800 days ago) @ Xenos

Yeah I do like that they mention the action based gameplay is based on their experience with Max Payne, hopefully that means it'll feel satisfying.

From these little bits I've seen it'll be more than satisfying. Seems like there will be plenty of new experiences for each little encounter.

Game of Thrones game by Telltale announced!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 16:33 (3800 days ago) @ Xenos

Yay! No footage, just the announcement, but glad it's confirmed.

Game of Thrones game by Telltale announced!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 18:02 (3800 days ago) @ Xenos

Yay! No footage, just the announcement, but glad it's confirmed.

If it's not rated AO there's no way it's going to measure up…

Broken Age Featurette/Trailer

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 16:39 (3800 days ago) @ Xenos

I love Tim Schafer's games. Day of the Tentacle was pretty important to me growing up.

Division Engine Trailer

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 17:12 (3800 days ago) @ Xenos

Thief Story Trailer

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 17:21 (3800 days ago) @ Xenos

Titanfall Ogre Trailer

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 17:32 (3800 days ago) @ Xenos

I am excited about this game, and a silver lining of having Destiny delayed is I'll have more time to play this.

Titanfall Stryder Gameplay

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 18:33 (3800 days ago) @ Xenos

I'm so glad this is getting a simultaneous PC release

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 18:59 (3800 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Same. Makes it easy to not buy an Xbox One :D

by Avateur @, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 19:46 (3800 days ago) @ JDQuackers

- No text -

:/

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 20:09 (3800 days ago) @ Xenos

While I give Spike credit for trying something new, hence the re-brand and the difference in format, its a pity they let Joel McHale troll the entire thing.

At least we got this gem:

[image]

Right! Guys? Hello?! ._.

It has to be admitted,

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 22:26 (3800 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

as much as 3 hours were not necessary for showing it, Joel Banderas is pretty awesome.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread