No Man's Sky (Gaming)

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 16:55 (3800 days ago)

You just beat me posting it on the VGX thread :)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 17:00 (3800 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Game looks pretty sweet. Curious to see how much you can do in it.

You crazy

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 17:01 (3800 days ago) @ Xenos

Game looks pretty sweet. Curious to see how much you can do it.

Why would you even want to leave the cockpit, dude? :P

No Man's Sky

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 17:02 (3800 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Looks cool - I like the art direction.

And of course, any game where you can take off from the ground and enter orbit must be halfway-decent!

No Man's Sky

by breitzen @, Kansas, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 17:09 (3800 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Dang that looks fun! Did they say what platform/s it's coming out on?

No Man's Sky

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 18:44 (3800 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Man I love how spacesim-esque games are seemingly having a renaissance. It's like Christmas morning every couple of months with the games I'm hearing about!

I wonder how long this has been in production. Very cool.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, December 07, 2013, 20:14 (3800 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

- No text -

No Man's Sky

by petetheduck, Sunday, December 08, 2013, 03:43 (3799 days ago) @ Grizzlei

And some of you guys complain that Bungie hasn't been clear on what kind of game Destiny is. That video for No Man's Sky felt like a tech demo, not a game trailer.

yeah, I'm kind of wondering what do you do?

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Sunday, December 08, 2013, 04:33 (3799 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

No Man's Sky

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Sunday, December 08, 2013, 08:53 (3799 days ago) @ petetheduck

Well it is the very first reveal and at an awful awards show, not a game that has been public knowledge for over a year.

Anyway it's a space exploration shooter from what I saw.
It's an indie game made by a really small team, by the Joe Danger guys.

No Man's Sky

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Sunday, December 08, 2013, 09:25 (3799 days ago) @ Zeouterlimits

Well it is the very first reveal and at an awful awards show, not a game that has been public knowledge for over a year.

Anyway it's a space exploration shooter from what I saw.
It's an indie game made by a really small team, by the Joe Danger guys.

On the bottom of their homepage under their list of projects is this:

"Project Skyscraper
Release: A long time from now
This is our secret project. Someday we’ll even get time to work on it. Joe Danger is a lovely quirky little house that we have handcrafted. It’s the best thing we have ever done. Our next game is a skyscraper. It’s where everything has been building."

Probably referencing No Man's Sky, and kind of a cool nod to it if you ask me.

No Man's Sky

by Avateur @, Sunday, December 08, 2013, 10:16 (3799 days ago) @ petetheduck

You're doing it wrong. The argument is that at least Bungie has consistently showed gameplay and revealed way more about the game than 343 did with H4 even mere months from its launch. :P

made me think of how excited I am for enemy starfighter

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Sunday, December 08, 2013, 10:17 (3799 days ago) @ petetheduck

No Man's Sky

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Sunday, December 08, 2013, 13:23 (3799 days ago) @ petetheduck

Here is a good article about it that even mentions destiny! link

No Man's Sky

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, December 09, 2013, 12:04 (3798 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Interesting article. Hopefully his expectations are too low, but it's good to keep in mind.

One of my favorite games, Just Cause 2, makes the same tradeoff the article talks about. It's not procedurally generated, but it does make sacrifices by having some repetitive elements (all the trees look the same, most villages are very similar, etc.) in order to gain a truly enormous world. And while I'm always aware of that while playing the game, I can't say that it's ever really taken away from the fun.

No Man's Sky

by Hedge ⌂, Australia, Monday, December 09, 2013, 16:27 (3798 days ago) @ petetheduck

The idea behind the game is that you explore new worlds as you head towards the centre of the universe. This is your end goal. Apparently the dangers increase in difficulty as you progress and reaching the centre of the universe is extremely difficult to do. The devs say to imagine Dark Souls here.

Also, if you are first and discover a new planet you are given credit for others to see. So if I land on Planet Levi I will be told he found it. There will be no extra information like all of the sinks are clogged with the hair of a wild man. Can't have everything.

-Hedge.

No Man's Sky

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, December 09, 2013, 20:10 (3798 days ago) @ Hedge

I don't laugh enough these days because you don't post enough. :)

No Man's Sky

by mikefishr, Bloomington, IN, Monday, December 09, 2013, 11:46 (3798 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Man do I want this game badly. This may just make up for the (apparent) lack of spaceflight in Destiny.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread