Destiny Beta

by Mix ⌂ @, New Braunfels, Texas, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 05:34 (4084 days ago)

Would you put it past Activision to put the Destiny Beta in the box with CoD?

"Releasing Spring 2014, Destiny to have beta ship with Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 4 this Fall!"

Destiny Beta

by Chaos, Burlington, Vermont, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 06:59 (4084 days ago) @ Mix

I wouldn't be surprised at all if this happen, heck I would even jump on board. Activision could milk more money out of Call of Duty with Destiny/Bungie attached to the next installment. Hopefully this won't happen, but we'll see what the money making masterminds have to announce in the coming months.

I don't think Bungie would want that

by RC ⌂, UK, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 07:26 (4084 days ago) @ Mix

Scale is almost always what you're after in a Beta test. The easiest way to do that is to just let everyone have at it.

Like Reach Beta.

From the creators of Halo and the publisher of Call of Duty

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 09:12 (4084 days ago) @ Mix

I certainly wouldn't put it past them to make such a bold move. Destiny could be Activision's biggest success since the yearly installments of Call of Duty began a few years ago. A marriage of the two with the inclusion of a beta in any upcoming CoD would be smart.

Not saying that I really approve of the idea, that marketing tagline on the pre-order posters really urk'ed me. However, any chance Bungie and Activision can take to get the idea of this game into gamer's heads is something I like.

Destiny Beta

by zoojoo ⌂ @, Iowa, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 16:54 (4084 days ago) @ Mix

It would sure make me buy the game only for that.

Which is the sad thing.

^ Me too ^ *NM*

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 17:12 (4084 days ago) @ zoojoo

- No text -

I want to hate it, but the idea could be great

by Avateur @, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 18:13 (4084 days ago) @ Mix

I really hope Bungie has some control over it, but really, is that such a bad idea? Personally, there's no way in hell I'd buy the CoD game just for a Destiny Beta. But then, I also would trust that Bungie would give many other ways to get in, sort of like with H3. But the exposure to the game could be fantastic. It seems like the entire galaxy picks up every new CoD game like people pick up the same re-hashed Madden games every year. Imagine introducing them to a large and new fantastic world and possibly getting all of them on board. If Bungie actually succeeds in making something fantastic and amazing for all, getting the CoD crowd in could be a goldmine of sales and users.

I want to hate it, but the idea could be great

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 18:20 (4084 days ago) @ Avateur

And racism-spewing 12 year olds. CoD is where all the Halo 2 kids went.

*Not that I'm saying playing CoD makes you one. But it is where they all went.

^My thoughts exactly

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 18:40 (4084 days ago) @ stabbim

But, I wonder what Bungie has in mind with regards to that crowd of gamers. From the Polygon interview a couple weeks ago

"We were going to make this online universe where people are going to be able to sit on their couch and play games with people from the other side of the world...It was going to be this great communal experience. Everybody was going to realize that we were all just one shared humanity, and look, there's gonna be an outbreak of world peace. What it actually turned into was a bunch of frat boys teabagging one another and calling each other names. So I think we can do a lot better."

I'm pretty excited to see how Bungie plans on addressing this issue.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread