Customs Night (Friday the 13th edition) (Recruitment)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, December 11, 2013, 23:48 (3796 days ago)

Customs Night part CCXXXVII

Like an annual holiday, or a chance alignment of name and number, or a man (or a film franchise) that just won't die, Customs Night is back. If you don't know about Customs Night already, please allow me to familiarize you with it.
Customs Night is what we call the weekly on-line gathering where we play custom games in Halo. We play custom and standard gametypes on custom maps (and sometimes a standard one), and they range big to small, long to short, and serious to silly, we play them every Friday at 9:00 PM Eastern time, and it's put on by Community Customs (I know, that page is getting old, we're looking into things). To be honest, they also range from polished to broken, but sometimes that's part of the fun, and it's nice to see someone's creation progress from a mess to a well-oiled fun machine. There's no set schedule, we just kind of go with what people want to play (if you crave structure, I don't know what to tell you except that I do too but I like having the next game be something of a surprise).
This week we'll be playing in Halo 4, and that time again is 9:00 PM US Eastern time (2:00 AM UTC IIRC BTW [OMGWTFGUARDIANBBQ]). If that sounds like fun, why don't you sign up and join us? You can do that by simply replying to this post (or the one in HBO), saying you want to play, and putting your gamertag in the post. (This isn't absolutely essential, but we really like to know how many people to expect.)
There are other things to know and remember, but not a lot, just that a CC admin-- a group including Shadowofthevoid, Gnrl Vagueness (me), and a few others-- will have party lead the whole time (not necessarily the same person though) so that things don't get out of hand,* and we won't be running/playing any modded content, because we like to be careful, especially when other people's accounts are or may be concerned. Other than that, if you don't act like a jerk and try to have fun you'll be very welcome and probably have a lot of fun. I hope we'll see you there!

* such as putting on modded content, or putting on content the person knows to be bad for laughs (this has happened, but it was quite some time ago now), or booting people seemingly at random (this has happened and was actually my fault once, years ago), or doing some other belligerent or trollish thing that's possible or easier by having party lead-- also, I'd like to note despite people having done questionable things, everyone is welcome now, even if they didn't feel welcome before, whether it was their fault or not

fun fact: I didn't realize Friday was the 13th until I went to type this
fun fact 2: the roman numerals above are an obvious reference to movies with a lot of sequels, but they're also a reference to us, CC, and Halo/Bungie, VII (and maybe something else-- XXX... maybe the NSFW humor at Customs Night?)-- I didn't mean to do that, I just tried to estimate how many Customs Nights we've done, and I got a number close to that and added a little to it so it ended in seven

Customs Night (Friday the 13th edition)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Friday, December 13, 2013, 13:59 (3795 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I meant to add to this, when I posted it and then later, since we didn't do anything for Halloween, how about suggesting your favorite Flood map and gametype? I also have been pretty disconnected from Halo stuff outside of Customs Night, HBO's front page, and whatever thread titles I see when I post and check sign-ups, I didn't realize there was a Race gametype out-- an official one!-- that not only replicated the "drive here then here then over here then here then there then here etc." gameplay but also started players in vehicles and spawned a vehicle around them if they were on foot too long, so let's also see your favorite racetracks. (I just loaded up the bulletin archive on HBO and started with one I know I've read-- it was bulletin 117 from early October, and it went over how to make a Race gametype without extra the stuff I listed above and listed rotational playlists and including race x| but also, rocket race is coming the week after next, yay :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread