Bungie Weekly Update 12/13/2013 The Lucky Edition (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, December 13, 2013, 18:16 (3792 days ago)
edited by Xenos, Friday, December 13, 2013, 18:25

Bungie has posted the latest weekly update! Go give it a read!

They mention there will be more Trading Cards like we can't even imagine. One for every piece of epic loot in the game? :-D

Sorry, Xenos

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, December 13, 2013, 18:29 (3792 days ago) @ Xenos

One for every piece of epic loot in the game? :-D

You're going to have no social life when these cards are released.

Oh no...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, December 13, 2013, 18:32 (3792 days ago) @ Grizzlei

One for every piece of epic loot in the game? :-D

You're going to have no social life when these cards are released.

I got a picture of me chained to a desk entering all the information from every card into the DBO forums.

He just volunteered: hold him to it!

by scarab @, Saturday, December 14, 2013, 02:11 (3792 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Local, too.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, December 13, 2013, 18:49 (3792 days ago) @ Xenos

DeeJ - what is burnt pleather?

by scarab @, Saturday, December 14, 2013, 02:15 (3792 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Is it like unburnt pleather only burnt?

Bungie Weekly Update 12/13/2013 The Lucky Edition

by Mix ⌂ @, New Braunfels, Texas, Friday, December 13, 2013, 20:23 (3792 days ago) @ Xenos

It sounds to me like they're going to release them for sale in-store, similar to Pokemon or Baseball cards. you buy a pack of 4 or 5 and they're random! each new one you collect gives you a new code!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, December 13, 2013, 20:44 (3792 days ago) @ Mix

"Silver Dollar, I choose you!" ?

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Friday, December 13, 2013, 21:42 (3792 days ago) @ Mix

So... like... microtransactions?

I was right about the Traveler!

by Nighend, Saturday, December 14, 2013, 15:00 (3791 days ago) @ Xenos

Indeed! :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, December 14, 2013, 15:08 (3791 days ago) @ Nighend

- No text -

How does anything work in Destiny?

by kapowaz, Saturday, December 14, 2013, 17:03 (3791 days ago) @ Xenos

Deej, I see from the update that you don't yet have a damage system in Destiny. I was wondering if you have any game mechanics nailed down yet? For example, do you know if the game will be controlled by joypad or will it use kinect? I'm envisaging “Run forwards! Shoot! Collect loot!” as a possible control scheme.

Or maybe I'm getting ahead of myself: will the game even be a shooter? I was wondering if maybe it might actually end up being more of a golf game.

Also please don't shatter my dreams but will the game be coming out on Nintendo DS?

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Saturday, December 14, 2013, 17:09 (3791 days ago) @ kapowaz

I was wondering if you have any game mechanics nailed down yet? For example, do you know if the game will be controlled by joypad or will it use kinect? I'm envisaging “Run forwards! Shoot! Collect loot!” as a possible control scheme.

WASD, using the on-screen keyboard.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, December 14, 2013, 17:43 (3791 days ago) @ uberfoop

Or voice command. Both thoroughly awful! :p

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Saturday, December 14, 2013, 18:45 (3791 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by uberfoop, Saturday, December 14, 2013, 18:49

"DOUBLE YOO DEE DEE EH LEFT CLICK LEFT CLICK RIGHT CLICK DOUBLE YOO RIGHT CLICK ESS LEFT CLICK!"

"XBOX, TURN OFF!"

by Durandal, Monday, December 16, 2013, 09:44 (3789 days ago) @ uberfoop

It will be like those arcade fighters where you have to kick to perform a kick, punch and so on. Bungie will sell physical loot like epic guns that will be teleported to your character in game skylanders style. While jumping and running will be simple, complex moves like teleportation will require you to rub your belly and tap your head at the same time :)

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Monday, December 16, 2013, 09:58 (3789 days ago) @ Durandal

Bungie will sell physical loot like epic guns that will be teleported to your character in game skylanders style.

I think you are underestimating how easily I would buy prop guns from the game to use in the game.

by Quirel, Saturday, December 14, 2013, 20:02 (3791 days ago) @ kapowaz

Deej, I see from the update that you don't yet have a damage system in Destiny. I was wondering if you have any game mechanics nailed down yet? For example, do you know if the game will be controlled by joypad or will it use kinect? I'm envisaging “Run forwards! Shoot! Collect loot!” as a possible control scheme.

Actually, Destiny will use old Dance Dance Revolution floormats to control movement. This feature has earned support and funding from DSHS under Obama's "Get Those Lazy Gamers Off Their F%#@ing A##es" initiative. It has also attracted attention from the EPA, as the new market for those floormats will remove some three hundred thousand of them from America's landfills.

Also, on XBox and XBone versions of the game, shooting will consist of pointing fingers at the TV screen and shouting "Pew pew pew!" loud enough for the Kinect to hear. The good news is, unless you're missing a hand, dual wielding is in the game.

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Sunday, December 15, 2013, 09:02 (3790 days ago) @ Quirel

The good news is, unless you're missing a hand, dual wielding is in the game.

Milk. All over the computer screen.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Sunday, December 15, 2013, 08:49 (3791 days ago) @ kapowaz

Or maybe I'm getting ahead of myself: will the game even be a shooter? I was wondering if maybe it might actually end up being more of a golf game.

I had that dream once.
http://forums.bungie.org/halo/archive36.pl?read=1056164

And that leads to our gem of the day

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Monday, December 16, 2013, 10:19 (3789 days ago) @ bluerunner

I remember that

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, December 16, 2013, 14:55 (3789 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

In fact, I remember too much of that...

Woah, woah, woah!

by RC ⌂, UK, Monday, December 16, 2013, 16:41 (3789 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

WHAT THE BLAM!?

Dude has some scary dreams! I've managed to block most of mine out...

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread