Listening to the Novembercast has made me think about... (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, December 14, 2013, 20:04 (3794 days ago)

... removing my name from the user research pool. Don't get me wrong. I think I would love the experience of doing the "I found a bug" play testing or the "and how did that section make you feel" experience testing. I've also been under NDA before, and plenty more NDA-like informal agreements before and that's fine too. Or at least it was. I think the problem now is I love the speculation stage we're in, and I don't see how I could continue to speculate without mixing it with what I saw and played. I'd have to not comment on or speculate about anything, which would be terrible!

How about you? Would you take the chance to help test Destiny knowing the consequences?

Listening to the Novembercast has made me think about...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, December 15, 2013, 00:45 (3794 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I've actually thought about this before and I think it would be hard, but I think I'd take the opportunity. For me personally I've never had the opportunity to be involved with game testing of any kind, but since I've always wanted to be in a game industry I don't think I could pass up the chance to be involved even in a small way with helping my favorite game company make a brand new franchise.

What consequences?

by ncsuDuncan @, Wednesday, December 18, 2013, 21:57 (3790 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Would you take the chance to help test Destiny knowing the consequences?

Consequences are for people that get caught.

[image]

(And to address your actual point: I imagine there will be plenty of things to speculate on once Destiny is released. Right now our theories are limited by the slow drip of previews and press releases - the real fun begins once we're given a chance to actually live in the game's universe and see the true depth of the mysteries Bungie has been building. In my experience, the wait for Book 2 is more exciting than the wait for Book 1.)

Listening to the Novembercast has made me think about...

by Quirel, Wednesday, December 18, 2013, 23:05 (3790 days ago) @ Ragashingo

How about you? Would you take the chance to help test Destiny knowing the consequences?

I would take it upon myself to become even more involved in the speculation... and spread misinformation far and wide.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread