DBO Meetup in Cary, NC (Destiny)

by Dax01, Monday, December 23, 2013, 12:53 (3786 days ago)

Hey all,

I haven't posted here in a while but I thought I'd mention the fabulous time I had with Kermit and Duncan during lunch today.

After Duncan very rudely blew me off yesterday, he called me about a half hour before he was gonna have lunch with Kermit and said, "So, uh, I'm having lunch with some DBOers at 12 ya wanna come?" I responded, "Hell yes I wanna come!" (Though a half hour is hardly enough time for a girl like me to get ready).

We ate at Firewurst. The meal was okay, but the company was great. I arrived and punched Duncan in the arm for blowing me off. We talked about what the combat philosophy of Destiny was going to be like, Duncan's run-in with CliffyB at E3, our careers (or my lack thereof cuz I'm not done with college yet), videogame stuff, Kermit's age (he's really old!) TV shows, Star Trek TNG (and TOS). Duncan told us how he once talked to Dave Mongan about his TV career because I mentioned I wanted to be a TV writer.

Duncan also bragged about his job's amazing benefits and how he's been EVERYWHERE and seen EVERYTHING. (Did you know Duncan had a conversation with Jason Jones once?)

All in all a great time. Here's a picture of me and little Duncan to commemorate the occasion.

[image]

Nice. :)

by Claude Errera @, Monday, December 23, 2013, 13:38 (3786 days ago) @ Dax01

There are pics of the conversation with Jones... hmm. At least I thought there were. Can't find 'em now. :(

Sounds like a fun lunch!

by Dax01, Monday, December 23, 2013, 14:40 (3786 days ago) @ Claude Errera

There are pics of the conversation with Jones... hmm. At least I thought there were. Can't find 'em now. :(

Sounds like a fun lunch!

I would like to see these pictures. And it was a fun lunch!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, December 23, 2013, 15:11 (3786 days ago) @ Dax01

And it was a fun lunch!

Indeed it was! Fantastic meeting you, Dax01. It's always great to meet someone like you with creative aspirations. If you ever want advice on how to avoid getting sidetracked, I'll gladly be your wizened advisor.

Hope we can do it again before long.

Kermit

by petetheduck, Monday, December 23, 2013, 15:18 (3786 days ago) @ Kermit

Kermit

You guys were about an hour and fourty minutes east of me. I might be able to get back my old job in the next few weeks also, in which case I would be in Chapel Hill occasionally for work.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, December 23, 2013, 15:23 (3786 days ago) @ petetheduck

Kermit

You guys were about an hour and fourty minutes east of me. I might be able to get back my old job in the next few weeks also, in which case I would be in Chapel Hill occasionally for work.

You've been on my target list for a while, petetheduck. :)

I've got family over that way. Hope we can meet sometime.

by Phoenix_9286 @, Monday, December 23, 2013, 15:58 (3785 days ago) @ Kermit

These things never seem to happen in Charlotte...

by petetheduck, Monday, December 23, 2013, 16:17 (3785 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

These things never seem to happen in Charlotte...

Hmm, what's in between Charlotte and Raleigh.. Oh, me! Guess you guys will have to meet somewhere in the middle, conveniently giving me the shortest drive. I know a good sushi place.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, December 23, 2013, 16:43 (3785 days ago) @ petetheduck

Are they open on Christmas? I'll be in town.

I'll keep an eye out for you. I know exactly what you look like.

[image]

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Wednesday, December 25, 2013, 07:47 (3784 days ago) @ petetheduck

Take your printed model with you and I'll be with y'all in 3D-spirit! ;)

by Dax01, Monday, December 23, 2013, 16:12 (3785 days ago) @ Kermit

Kermit

You've been on my target list for a while, petetheduck. :)

I've got family over that way. Hope we can meet sometime.

I'll be back in Cary the first week of March on Spring Break if you guys are serious about meeting up (and maybe we can drag Duncan along).

THIS

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Monday, December 23, 2013, 15:31 (3786 days ago) @ Dax01

Kermit's age (he's really old!)

I would've never believed it if I didn't see it myself. Kudos all around. B.org people is best people.

DBO Meetup in Cary, NC

by ncsuDuncan @, Monday, December 23, 2013, 18:41 (3785 days ago) @ Dax01

Lunch with Bungie.org friends is always a good time. Especially when the conversation turns to ODST praise. :)

Glad you could make it in such short notice, Dax!

DBO Meetup in Cary, NC

by NotTheVacuum, Wednesday, January 01, 2014, 12:50 (3777 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Been dark for a while; hate that I missed this. I'll have to keep an eye out for repeats in the RDU area.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread