dboTV, Episode 13: Tuesday, January 14th at 10pm EST (DBO)

by ncsuDuncan @, Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 06:16 (3766 days ago)

New episode tonight!

http://twitch.tv/destinybungieorg

I'll chat with Xenos about the latest Destiny news, then I've got a new gimmick to try out: "Beat the Chat", a Bungie trivia game where my guest tries to answer questions before the people in the Twitch chat steal the points.

The show starts at 10pm EST (7pm PST). Watch it live and maybe you'll take home the prize instead of Xenos. :)

dboTV, Episode 13: Tuesday, January 14th at 10pm EST

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 07:39 (3766 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Wait, but doesn't the stream have, by its very nature, a quite big lag between recording and playback?

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 11:20 (3766 days ago) @ ZackDark

Indeed, and Twitch recently increased the lag.

Yep. I'm counting on it. :)

by ncsuDuncan @, Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 15:19 (3766 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Beat the chat?

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 12:21 (3766 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Am I going to get banned and assaulted?

Beat the chat?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 15:01 (3766 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Am I going to get banned and assaulted?

Only if you consistently beat me in the trivia. *glares*

And I would've gotten away with it too

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 20:43 (3766 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Im actually free tonight! Wee!!!!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 15:21 (3766 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

- No text -

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 17:42 (3766 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

The show starts at 10pm EST (7pm PST). Watch it live and maybe you'll take home the prize instead of Xenos. :)

Does this mean the runner up has to provide him room & board?

~m

by ncsuDuncan @, Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 17:52 (3766 days ago) @ Malagate

Does this mean the runner up has to provide him room & board?

~m

Guests of dboTV stay at the luxurious Kelty Hotel.

Feedback.

by ncsuDuncan @, Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 20:23 (3766 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Xenos is a dirty cheater.

Nobody remembers Weekend Warrior. (Except Wikipedia, of course.)

Do you think Bob Barker would mind me borrowing music from The Price is Right?

Feedback.

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 20:34 (3766 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

:( No tip of the edible hat?

Xenos' reaction to the Xbox One's Skype application randomly zooming in:

I hope to view it again in the archived version

Feedback.

by ncsuDuncan @, Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 20:42 (3766 days ago) @ Pyromancy

:( No tip of the edible hat?

Just trying to keep my New Year's resolution of not eating hats on a weekday.

Perhaps after I've thrown in the towel. ;)

Xenos' reaction to the Xbox One's Skype application randomly zooming in:

I hope to view it again in the archived version

Twitch archive is up, but the YouTube version should appear eventually. Upload seems to be taking its sweet time.

Feedback.

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 20:44 (3766 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Get some Marty jingles in the background, should spice up the mood.

Also, lightning rounds need to be added. Needs more chaos.

Lightning round? Sure that fits in with the "Bungie" theme?

by ncsuDuncan @, Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 20:52 (3766 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

[image]

;)

this guy, where did we get this guy.

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 21:40 (3766 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

- No text -

Feedback.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 21:16 (3766 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

I actually did cheat on the Bungie West question, but not in the way you'd think. I know my friend lives in the city where Bungie West was based so I looked him up on Facebook.

Feedback.

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 21:17 (3766 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Nobody remembers Weekend Warrior. (Except Wikipedia, of course.)

Do you think Bob Barker would mind me borrowing music from The Price is Right?

Weekend Warrior came bundled with my first 3Dfx card. I think I played it for about 15 minutes and then switched to Myth (which was the whole reason for getting the card to begin with). The difference between software and hardware rendering blew my 7th grade mind.

Beat The Chat Feedback

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 22:32 (3766 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

I'm not sure if this was made worse by the video delay, but there were a couple of questions in the Beat the Chat segment where the question appeared in the chatroom and then immediately Xenos' answer appeared. There's not much point in playing if the chat doesn't even have the chance to read the question before the contestant answers... :(

Beat The Chat Feedback

by ncsuDuncan @, Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 19:19 (3765 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I'm not sure if this was made worse by the video delay, but there were a couple of questions in the Beat the Chat segment where the question appeared in the chatroom and then immediately Xenos' answer appeared. There's not much point in playing if the chat doesn't even have the chance to read the question before the contestant answers... :(

Part of that was by design - I wanted to offset the disadvantage Xenos faced by working alone against the entire Twitch chat. A head start of a few seconds seemed like a reasonable way to let me balance things through question difficulty: if Xenos started pulling ahead I'd ask harder questions that would give a slight advantage to the group effort of the Twitch chat, while easier questions would naturally favor Xenos.

Unfortunately, I think this was sort of broken by the stream's ~60 second latency (I was hoping for something closer to 5-10 seconds) and my clumsy efforts at copying the questions into the chat. I know it was frustrating, so I'm working out a better system for next week. :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread