Bungie Weekly Update 1/17/2014 (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, January 17, 2014, 17:44 (3758 days ago)

Bungie has posted the latest Bungie Weekly Update, it has some new screenshots and some good info, go read it!

Errrmahgerrd.... New Screens Look Spectacular

by Fuertisimo, Friday, January 17, 2014, 18:00 (3758 days ago) @ Xenos

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Errrmahgerrd.... New Screens Look Spectacular

by Destiny Updates ⌂, Friday, January 17, 2014, 22:39 (3758 days ago) @ Fuertisimo

Agreed, nice to have them in HD :)

I'm really enamoured by these.

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Saturday, January 18, 2014, 08:37 (3757 days ago) @ Xenos

Especially the shots of the Cabal and Guardians fighting. There's such a nice sense of motion to them. Imagining their dropships bearing down on a group of guardians, kicking up a storm and then fighting in that haze is exciting.

It kind of reminds me of Elysium, when Matt Damon encounters Kruger outside on some flat sand plains. Very cool.

Agreed, the action is really well conveyed

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Sunday, January 19, 2014, 06:48 (3756 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

- No text -

It makes perfect sense, but I haven't thought about it

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, January 18, 2014, 09:29 (3757 days ago) @ Xenos

Fallen on the Moon.

I mean, they have starships and they're on Earth, why wouldn't they be on at least the Moon's surface too?

The lunch break stories

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Sunday, January 19, 2014, 08:17 (3756 days ago) @ Xenos

Made me think of Dan Cook's article about multiplayer game design. I wonder what numbers they are hitting in the game and how directed they are (e.g. "Ok everyone, fire up the moon") to test actually running into each other in unplanned ways.

No matter what, they situations they have described are really exciting me. I haven't lived near most of my friends for the past few years so it's been pretty hard to plan some playtime together. If I get to interact with others online just by running into them and they aren't griefers, then this is going to be a game I'll pour plenty of time into.

I can't wait to rescue and be rescued.

233 days until September 9, 2014. >_<

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, January 19, 2014, 13:05 (3756 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

We'll have the beta soon enough ;D

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Sunday, January 19, 2014, 13:23 (3756 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Just 6-9 months.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, January 19, 2014, 15:05 (3756 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

- No text -

Nooo, don't say it like that!

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Monday, January 20, 2014, 13:34 (3755 days ago) @ Xenos

That makes it sound like it's half a year away. Or more. And I just can't deal with that.

But for real: It'll pass soon enough with distraction, I'm sure! Heh, I'd better work on getting that PS4 (or Xbone?)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread