Customs Night (grateful block edition [Halo 4]) (Recruitment)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, February 26, 2014, 20:55 (3721 days ago)
edited by General Vagueness, Wednesday, February 26, 2014, 21:02

It's getting close to being time for Customs Night again. Customs Night, if you were unaware, is a weekly get-together in Halo held by Community Customs where we play custom games. Specifically, we play custom and standard gametypes on custom maps (and a standard map often gets in) at 9:00 PM EST every Friday. The maps and gametypes we play range from old to new, from large to small, from fast-paced to, well, slow-paced. Some are silly, some are competitive, and some are both. We now even have race maps-- well, one, one that's not from matchmaking, courtesy of ShadowoftheVoid. If you have your own race map you want to play, or just about any kind of map, please, come to Customs Night and play it with us! To that, you just have to reply to this post with your gamertag, and you'll get a message or an invite when we're starting.

Things to keep in mind:

- we pretty much play whatever the people present want to play
- we won't run modded content because of the heightened risk of bans
- a CC admin (a group including but not limited to ShadowoftheVoid, iHyokin, and Gnrl Vagueness) will have party lead at all times, so...
- if you want to play something we don't have, you'll have to put it in your file share (we recommend putting everything you want to play in your file share before you join the game)
- we value feedback and so do most mapmakers, and we like conversation, so go ahead and talk, just please don't talk in a way that prevents other people from being heard (also we ask that you stay in game chat, not party chat)
- you should bring a map, a snack, some friends, and a sense of humor
- that time again is 9:00 PM Eastern and the game is Halo 4

Please also note that some of these policies are under review and may be changed in the near future.
Last week I thanked everyone that showed up (twice, because we ended early and I usually do that when we stop playing). This week I'd like to thank the people that have helped make Customs Night happen over the last few weeks, months, and years, including the mods, admins, hosts, co-hosts, filmers, commentators, and all the other official and semi-official helpers we've had, including, but not limited to, Shadow of the Void, Hyokin, Nomis (AKA Nomis78 AKA Simon), ReaverPhoenix, and even going back to people like Reluctant Chaos, they've made this possible in a very tangible and integral way. I'd also like to thank the people who have really helped in an unofficial capacity, by consistently showing up, often bringing or inviting others, and making maps for us to play, for example, SESpider and Iamonlyinhuman (AKA Joshinhuman), and even people as far back as Canecutter. They've kept this going and made there be a reason to do it.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread