Visions of Future Past (Destiny)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Saturday, March 01, 2014, 11:55 (3718 days ago)

Been playing a bit of H3 and ODST lately. Fun to run through, say, the Scarab battles in H3 and wonder if that's what Bungie is going for in the "public events" for Destiny.

That dual Scarab battle is still something special.

Also ODST Firefight. Still so good after all this time.

Visions of Future Past

by Phoenix_9286 @, Saturday, March 01, 2014, 12:48 (3718 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

ODST Firefight is Best Firefight.

Visions of Future Past

by SonofMacPhisto @, Saturday, March 01, 2014, 13:31 (3718 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

Agreed. Feels like what you do there matters - there's a gravitas to it. I think that comes from knowing it can go on forever, and that the only limit is your skill and endurance.

Furthermore, I forgot how nice it is to just move around in the pre-Reach games. Fired up a custom game and just kinda ran around. It was lovely!

Please don't do that momentum crap in Destiny. Let me skate, man.

Visions of Future Past

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, March 01, 2014, 17:25 (3718 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Agreed. Feels like what you do there matters - there's a gravitas to it. I think that comes from knowing it can go on forever, and that the only limit is your skill and endurance.

Mmmmmmm. There's a bunch of firefight maps that goat/hp/myself 'solved', in that we could continue indefinitely with specific strategies on Legendary. That's not very fun.

It should ideally keep escalating in difficulty, escalate faster, and be more dynamic. Or else have an end scenario / limited number of waves.

Visions of Future Past

by SonofMacPhisto @, Sunday, March 02, 2014, 06:18 (3717 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Mmmmmmm. There's a bunch of firefight maps that goat/hp/myself 'solved', in that we could continue indefinitely with specific strategies on Legendary. That's not very fun.

Ah, I'm not aware of these solutions.

It should ideally keep escalating in difficulty, escalate faster, and be more dynamic. Or else have an end scenario / limited number of waves.

Make these options, and sure.

Visions of Future Past

by RC ⌂, UK, Monday, March 03, 2014, 16:07 (3716 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Chopper on Last Resort is the most famous one.

Visions of Future Past

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, March 03, 2014, 18:49 (3716 days ago) @ RC

Didn't a guy play for like 12 hours or something?

Visions of Future Past

by marmot 1333 @, Monday, March 03, 2014, 18:58 (3716 days ago) @ Kermit

Yeah, he did. Got some ridiculous high score.

The Bungie.net website even had the random title "Choppers on Last Resort don't count!" (or similar) for a while.

Visions of Future Past

by RC ⌂, UK, Saturday, March 08, 2014, 17:16 (3711 days ago) @ Kermit

Dude, I played for 10 hours.

Though some crazy bloke had his 360 on for more than a week and racked up something like 117 Million points.

Visions of Future Past

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, March 01, 2014, 17:29 (3718 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Been playing a bit of H3 and ODST lately. Fun to run through, say, the Scarab battles in H3 and wonder if that's what Bungie is going for in the "public events" for Destiny.

That dual Scarab battle is still something special.

Remember what Halo could have been? I feel like Bungie's original vision for that was closer to what Destiny is now. I recall Bungie saying they'd have places where you could hook up drivers and gunners to go on a warthog adventure together. It sounded much more connected and social.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread