Customs Night (a month at the races edition [Halo: Reach]) (Recruitment)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, March 05, 2014, 20:51 (3714 days ago)

Customs Night is hurtling toward you at the speed of light. Wait, is it? Maybe they'll say on that Cosmos show that's coming on Monday. Anyway, Customs Night is coming, and I hope you're ready for it. You might now have your own conundrum: What is Customs Night?
Customs Night is a weekly get-together in Halo held by Community Customs where we (we being anyone who shows up) play custom games. It happens every Friday at 9:00 PM EST. At Customs Night, we play custom and standard gametypes on custom maps (and once in a while a standard map or two), ranging from cavernously huge to confiningly small, from starkly simple to confoundingly complicated, from brand-spanking-new to old as the hills (if the hills are only a few years old).
If this sounds like fun, why not join us? All it takes to do that is posting your gamertag in a reply to this post (or the one on HBO). If you do that, you'll get a message or an invite when we're starting.

Things to remember:

- we almost entirely run whatever the people present want to play
- we don't run modded content, though, because Microsoft has terms against in various contracts and agreements and we don't want to be responsible for anyone getting banned
- someone that helps run Community Customs and Customs Night (a group including but not limited to ShadowoftheVoid, iHyokin, and Gnrl Vagueness) will have party lead at all times to keep things consistent and controlled
- because of that, if you want to play something we don't have, you'll have to put it in your file share (we recommend doing that before you join)
- we try to play a mix of more standard or competitive maps and gametypes and more customized and unusual maps and gametypes that are often more random, less competitive, and more silly than what you usually encounter
- we love to talk and we like hearing other people talk, and we especially like feedback, so please, talk about the maps or the gametypes or what you're doing in the game or what you want to play or (almost) whatever you want, just please don't stop or hinder other people from talking and being heard
- that time again is 9:00 PM EST this Friday and since it's the first week of the month the game is Halo: Reach
- you should bring a map, a snack, a friend, and something entertaining to say or do

As a further note, some of these policies are under review and may change. I hope we see you there!

Customs Night (a month at the races edition [Halo: Reach])

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Friday, March 07, 2014, 18:41 (3712 days ago) @ General Vagueness

hey, if anyone got on and I wasn't there, I'm sorry, but I couldn't sign into XBL, or I couldn't connect to it, and Reach acted weird and wouldn't let me get to anything; after trying a few different things I actually got on and got in just after 9:20 (having been trying since about 9:01)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread