Destiny TV ad - PlayStation 4 - played right before Cosmos (Destiny)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Sunday, March 09, 2014, 18:21 (3701 days ago)

There was a new 'Sharing is Caring' PS4 :30 second TV spot played regarding Destiny.
It was on FOX in the last national commercial slot after Family Guy, before the debut of the reboot of 'Cosmos'.
It is mostly a montage of game footage we have seen before in the other trailers and ViDocs, however it was set to this terrible goofy song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb2Ur7_fT48

Actual video to follow quickly I'm sure

That was really neat

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Sunday, March 09, 2014, 21:30 (3701 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Didn't expect a commercial like that so far out from release. Interesting seeing a glimpse of competitive multiplayer. That's the first little bit of it we've seen, right?

That was really neat

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, March 10, 2014, 01:18 (3701 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Didn't expect a commercial like that so far out from release. Interesting seeing a glimpse of competitive multiplayer. That's the first little bit of it we've seen, right?

There have been a few clips. I don't know what's in the commercial, but we definitely have seen clips of Guardians fighting Guardians.

Here's an example of one clip from the VGX trailer (starts at 40 seconds):

And another brief example from the Out Here in the Wild ViDoc (starts at 3:20):

That was really neat

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Monday, March 10, 2014, 14:40 (3701 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Didn't expect a commercial like that so far out from release

Assuming an on time release schedule, it was 6 Months to the day of release. Surely that date was set as a road marker of some kind (marketing?) for Bungie or one of the other many parties involved (Sony, Micro$oft, Activision, etc). Especially with a pending beta nearer on the horizon, gotta get the word out?

That was really neat

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, March 10, 2014, 14:53 (3701 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Assuming an on time release schedule, it was 6 Months to the day of release. Surely that date was set as a road marker of some kind (marketing?) for Bungie or one of the other many parties involved (Sony, Micro$oft, Activision, etc). Especially with a pending beta nearer on the horizon, gotta get the word out?

I think it more has to do with Sony wanting something on air to compete with ads for Titanfall.

That was really neat

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Monday, March 10, 2014, 15:33 (3701 days ago) @ Xenos

I think it more has to do with Sony wanting something on air to compete with ads for Titanfall.

Yeah, could be. Makes sense.

But to me, making a mockery of the product seems detrimental to the cause. Especially if it is a absentee ballot stlye of bid for merely competition's sake
Maybe I'm just too serious (I know, why so serious?), but honestly I feel like they did Destiny a dis-service with the ad spot since the music set nearly the entire tone.

Destiny TV ad - PlayStation 4 - played right before Cosmos

by Xyphoid, Florida, USA, Monday, March 10, 2014, 03:27 (3701 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Found it! Not HD but better than nothing:
http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7gRz/destiny

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, March 10, 2014, 05:00 (3701 days ago) @ Xyphoid

Hahahahahaha, that song.

Am I the only one slightly annoyed at the implied (false) console exclusivity?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, March 10, 2014, 08:29 (3701 days ago) @ ZackDark

Am I the only one slightly annoyed at the implied (false) console exclusivity?

*shrug*

I fail to see what part of that commercial implies exclusivity to PS4. It only seems to say that Destiny is going to be available on PS4.

There is this bit:

"Greatness is greatest when it's shared"

But even that doesn't really say Destiny is PS4 only. It says that Sony believes their "share button" functionality adds something to the experience that isn't available on other platforms. Which is sort of true and sort of not - XBone does do video capture, but it's technically not a button, so... in pure logic terms that statement is "true."

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Monday, March 10, 2014, 13:03 (3701 days ago) @ stabbim

Gotta counterbalance dat "Titanfall is an XB1 game" marketing with some "Destiny is a PS4 game" marketing.

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Monday, March 10, 2014, 13:28 (3701 days ago) @ ZackDark

No, but then I was never bothered for just about every ad for a third party 360 game either.
It's how it has worked for a long time, co-marketing money.

Link!

by GrimBrother IV, Monday, March 10, 2014, 13:49 (3701 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Thanks GB4! (And Xyphoid) Beat me to it

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Monday, March 10, 2014, 14:42 (3701 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV
edited by Pyromancy, Monday, March 10, 2014, 14:48

- No text -

Link!

by Mr Danger, Scotland, Monday, March 10, 2014, 16:54 (3701 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

I love the "Fear my laser face" reference in the messages at the end. Well played sony.

Needs more Music Of The Spheres

by Spawn ⌂, Monday, March 10, 2014, 14:04 (3701 days ago) @ Pyromancy

- No text -

We ALL need more Music of the Spheres!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, March 10, 2014, 16:45 (3701 days ago) @ Spawn

- No text -

Sharing

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 12:07 (3700 days ago) @ Pyromancy

I kind of hoped that DBO would be where I shared all my destiny moments. :-p

Sharing

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 15:00 (3700 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm really hoping that Destiny has films that have the same flexibility we were given in, say, Halo Reach.

I LOVED the film feature, and it gave me a better appreciation of the game. Capturing video in a stream is nice, but it pales next to having the ability to see a scene from any perspective.

Sharing

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 20:47 (3699 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm really hoping that Destiny has films that have the same flexibility we were given in, say, Halo Reach.

I LOVED the film feature, and it gave me a better appreciation of the game. Capturing video in a stream is nice, but it pales next to having the ability to see a scene from any perspective.

And it's the absolute best reference material for fan art!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread