DBO at PAX East 2014 (Survey) (DBO)

by ncsuDuncan @, Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 21:11 (3684 days ago)

[image]

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and PAXes.

In mid-April, thousands of gamers will embark on a pilgrimage to Boston for the Penny Arcade Expo and the opportunity to spend an exciting weekend standing in line for a $9 hotdog. Barring any unexpected IRS audits, I'll be wandering around the beantown convention center looking for fellow Bungie fans to share a cold beverage with.

Sharing means caring, so if you're going to PAX East please follow the link below and help me figure out the best time to call the banners:

Dinner Survey

-------
Of course, there's more to life than eating good food with good friends. I haven't quite figured out exactly what that is yet, but the rally points below should be a good place to start.

Rally Point Alpha
What: Rooster Teeth (Panel)
When: Friday 4/11 12:00PM - 1:00PM
Where: Main Theatre
Why: Rumor has it these people used to play Bungie games.

Rally Point Bravo
What: Dinner with DBO!
When: TBA (Friday or Saturday evening, most likely. Fill out the survey to help me pick!)
Where: TBA
Why: Because the best thing about PAX doesn't require waiting in line.

Rally Point Charlie
What: Games User Research: Studying games for science! (Panel)
When: Sunday 4/13 2:00PM - 3:00PM
Where: Arachnid Theatre
Why: The list of panelists includes Bungie User Research expert Jennifer Ash.

(As usual, the best way to spot your fellow DBO members is to look for a group of highly attractive people wearing Bungie Store t-shirts. We'll probably be standing near them.)

-------
How many of you will I see at PAX East?

Contact Sheet, Ahoy!

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, March 26, 2014, 08:29 (3684 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Contact Sheet, Ahoy!

by ncsuDuncan @, Wednesday, March 26, 2014, 22:11 (3683 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

I'll email you my phone number, I try to avoid sharing it publicly online.

To be fair though, my number is posted on the ceiling of a bar in Raleigh - but that's a story for another day.

Contact Sheet, Ahoy!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, March 27, 2014, 13:33 (3683 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

I'll email you my phone number, I try to avoid sharing it publicly online.

To be fair though, my number is posted on the ceiling of a bar in Raleigh - but that's a story for another day.

Heh, I bet I can guess which one.

I'm the same way about my number. You've got it, Paddy. I don't have a problem sharing it, if a _BOer asks me for it.

Post if you're going, though. I'd like to see what the turn out will be.

Contact Sheet, Ahoy!

by damian_tsl, Thursday, March 27, 2014, 15:35 (3683 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

new to DBO! But I know some of you. Looking forward to meeting more in Boston. Thnx.

Contact Sheet, Ahoy!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, March 27, 2014, 18:33 (3682 days ago) @ damian_tsl

new to DBO! But I know some of you. Looking forward to meeting more in Boston. Thnx.

Welcome! Meet you soon.

Contact Sheet, Ahoy!

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Friday, March 28, 2014, 10:19 (3682 days ago) @ damian_tsl

Any plans for This Guardian Life?

Contact Sheet, Ahoy!

by damian_tsl, Friday, March 28, 2014, 13:35 (3682 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

LOL. Not at the moment, but it's tempting, isn't it?

DBO at PAX East 2014 (Survey)

by Black Six, Wednesday, March 26, 2014, 17:09 (3683 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

I'm looking forward to PAX East as always! Should be a blast!

DBO dinner: Saturday, 7pm at Bertucci's

by ncsuDuncan @, Friday, April 11, 2014, 15:07 (3668 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

The DBO/HBO dinner is 7pm Saturday at the Bertucci's near Faneuil Hall. (Address: 22 Merchants Row) I texted everyone on my list I had numbers for, but I'll also send an email tonight with this info.

Sorry for the late notice, I decided to find a new venue after realizing there was going to be a crowded Celtics game near my first choice.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread