Lore support for Gear/Loot (Destiny)

by GrimBrotherIII, Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 17:42 (3679 days ago)

I admit that i am rather late to the "DBO party" as it were, so i apologize if this has already come up, but being extremely passionate about a plethora of loot and depth of lore alike, I'd love to get the community's thoughts and speculation on how big a part you believe Destiny's deep lore and "Mythic Fantasy" style game world history will play in the descriptions and explanation, as well as the locations and acquisition of the the solar system's extensive spread of armor, weapons, and auxiliary items...

So to clarify...

by GrimBrotherIII, Thursday, April 10, 2014, 17:48 (3677 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

How extensive do you think the details will be on the item descriptions?

Will the aesthetic of gear that is scavenged from chests/enemy drops when exploring other planets reflect the overall artistic theme of the world, and/or mimic the style of that planet's predominant race?

Will there be gear that can only be acquired through specific story missions, that one could never obtain by playing MP?

What about gear hidden deep in the depths of the most unexplored regions of those worlds and moons less travelled, requiring hours of exploration to obtain the most wildly exotic weapons and armor?

Discuss!

So to clarify...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, April 10, 2014, 18:04 (3677 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

That would be great of course but I kinda doubt every helmet gets a character arc. Having certain loot tied to missions or locations I think will happen though.

Lore support for Gear/Loot

by GrimBrother IV, Sunday, April 13, 2014, 08:46 (3674 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

I adore the depths of potential here. The idea that every guardian is intended to be unique, showing through your gear what you have accomplished is awesome. I've always wanted to look out into a vast group if player characters and not see a single peice that's exactly the same. Im all about that immersion.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread